High level perks and skill caps

Users who are viewing this thread

Emax

Recruit
Hi guys, really enjoying the game so far. I'm at the point in my first playthrough where skills are capping out (level 24) and realizing that to reach the high level perks requires some very specific attribute and focus point assignment... it it is even possible at all.

From what I gather, you gain a 30 point skill cap for each focus point (x5 = 150) as well as 10 points for each relevant attribute.

Meaning, for perks that require say, 275 points to unlock, that would require 5 focus points in the skill along with 13 attribute points in the governing stat.

Am I understanding this correctly? It just doesn't seem right.

I also have some skills which have leveled beyond their cap, but further points added wont move the green bar any more.

You can go past the limit somewhat, as long as your skill value isn't red. For example, I've gotten Smithing to 250 with 5 focus and 5 attributes. I've never had a 275 skill but I'm sure it's possible with a lot less than 13 attribute points. (my guess would be 6 or 7)

You need 7 attributes and 5 FP to get 275. For instance in this pic you can see at 288 my riding skill is stuck at the 0 growth rate. After hours of battles it still has the 44 exp and hasn't budged.

I would infer you can gain 78 skill point past the "learning limit" from FP and attributes, BUT I don't how/if this limit is effected by the global learning speed reduction from leveling up. In other words, would I still be able to get this high if I gained levels from other skills 1st? I'm not techy enough to find a hard answer. I would HOPE it just slows the rate down and doesn't make it hit zero at a lower skill level.

My advice is 7 attribute and 5 FP and DON'T skill up stuff you don't want all willy nilly until AFTER you raise your important skills to where you want them.

Back
Top Bottom