Hiding the party number and...

Users who are viewing this thread

Selvhan

Knight
I think that the spotting skill is too accurate in M&B. Spotting an enemy is one thing, but knowing exactly what you are about to engage or run from is another thing.

What i am trying to suggest is simple. Hide the troops number in a party ( depending on your spotting skill ) and also what's in this party.

Spotting skill level :

[list type=decimal]
[*]1- Allow you to know the faction - 95% chance of success
[*]2-3 Allow you to know the kind of troops : Few cavalry , strong infantry - many archer - 75% chance of success
[*]4 Allow you to know a number of each troops but not so accurate - 50% chance of success
[*]5-6-7 gives you a +10% chance of success 
[*]8-9 gives you a +10% chance of success 
[*]10 You can see the exact number of troops. ( just like it is right now ).
[/list]

Numbers and % are only a suggestion.

100% logical. 100% agree.

Except for skill level 1. 95% chance to recognize the faction? Most armies flew dozens if not hundreds of banners as they traveled, representing their heraldry, king, country, whatever. IMO, level 1 should just represent a lower level of recognization, like (unknown) under the faction.

Yeah but there is many banners, and there is a chance your scout did an error, but anyway, it's just a suggestion.

I liked how it was in heroes(one of the games got scouting as a powerful skill), the more scouting the better you knew your enemy numbers.
0 scouting = small vision and small ability to know what hit you, 1 equals that you can get an idea of how many attacked(lone man, group, horde, army, MANY) which might even give of the wrong number, 4 means you can to know the the exact troop types, 5 means you get to see the amount of prisoners, 9 means you get to know it all. 10 equals that you always get the correct information.
The more units, the less of a chance you that actually figure out their numbers. With 0 in scouting you can spot 1 person correctly, with 1 you can spot up to 4 and over that its an estimation. The same applies to every stat.

If this gets implemented that is, because long vision range is pretty darn nice even at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom