Hideouts spawning too quickly

Users who are viewing this thread

Reduce the spawn rate of those hideouts, I clear all the raiders and hideouts but 1 week later they are all spread over the region again, they breed like rabbits.

Agreed, at the very least the option to hire out a unit of manhunters in cities ala caravans but act as defense forces would be nice. Can set a companion party to do it but they won't necessarily hang about in the area you need them to

I watched this happen yesterday, I destroyed a bandit hideout, which spawned a few survivors. These new groups then immediately reformed the hideout in exactly the same place. This happened three times in a row which was great for my local relations but was a bit of an exploit for me.
Also, I'm really hoping the reason they rebuilt in exactly the same spot each time doesn't mean that the hideouts have designated spots. This would mean you could learn where all the hideout spawns are and break the balance of the gameplay.

I watched this happen yesterday, I destroyed a bandit hideout, which spawned a few survivors. These new groups then immediately reformed the hideout in exactly the same place. This happened three times in a row which was great for my local relations but was a bit of an exploit for me.
Also, I'm really hoping the reason they rebuilt in exactly the same spot each time doesn't mean that the hideouts have designated spots. This would mean you could learn where all the hideout spawns are and break the balance of the gameplay.

As far as I could see, this happens when you do not take them prisoner. They are then released on the map and rebuild. It actually makes sense.

I spent hours cleaning around my villages only to see them coming back instantaneously. I was not taking them prisoner because the hassle is not worth the benefit. They rebuilt the hideout in front of my eyes, just to troll me for letting them go.

Since then, when I'm on a cleaning warpath, I take every survivors prisoner and sell them to the market. From what I can see, I have way less bandits now.

As far as I could see, this happens when you do not take them prisoner. They are then released on the map and rebuild. It actually makes sense.

I spent hours cleaning around my villages only to see them coming back instantaneously. I was not taking them prisoner because the hassle is not worth the benefit. They rebuilt the hideout in front of my eyes, just to troll me for letting them go.

Since then, when I'm on a cleaning warpath, I take every survivors prisoner and sell them to the market. From what I can see, I have way less bandits now.
Aha! Yes that could be it :smile: I don't like to sell guys for ransom so don't take prisoners unless they're lords. It's still a gameplay issue though, why would they rebuild in exactly the same place where they can be easily found? Just means you can farm them for local rep.

Why would they rebuild in exactly the same place where they can be easily found? Just means you can farm them for local rep.

I think that's the medieval definition of a "Troll". ?
I hear you and yes, it's super annoying. I just go full "Roleplay" on this one and tell myself they are considering me a weak lord for letting them go at the first place. :mrgreen:

Once my game is working again (it's currently stuck in a play-breaking loop) I'm going to investigate whether the hideouts have designated spots, I really hope not, or that it is a placeholder for randomly placed hideouts.
Nothing wrong with a bit of roleplay to fix the small issues :smile:

Agreed, at the very least the option to hire out a unit of manhunters in cities ala caravans but act as defense forces would be nice. Can set a companion party to do it but they won't necessarily hang about in the area you need them to
That's a good solution, I'd like to hire manhunters and be able to place their patrol center wherever I want on the map. I'd like to help out allies or financially sway a war by helping caravans get through.

Totally agreed. Hiring manhunters would be amazing.
I'm pretty sure they will implement it as you could create patrols in Warband, there is no reason for not implementing it in Bannerlord. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom