Heroes

Users who are viewing this thread

widde

Squire
Ok, im starting to understand this mod now. I have a settlement of about 120 population and ive upgraded it once.
Now im starting to wonder about all the heroes running around. What significance do they have? I know that they can conquer settlements, even though it doesnt seem to change anything if they do...
Anyway, heres some questions regarding heroes:

What more than 10 relation do i need to recruit them? (tried to recruit several with more than 10 relation and it didnt work)
What exactly does a steward do? And what skills is important for him?
Does the skillpoints of a hero have a big effect if i give them a village? ( if they do, what skills do they need?)
Does the skillpoints of a hero have a big effect if i tell them to form their own party? (cause i can do this right?)
Does it matter what faction the hero im trying to recruit is from? (peasants, adventurers & bandits)
What happens if i tell a hero that we need to seperate? (cause i cant garrison them in my settlement)

Well thats all i can think of for now :smile: any help is greatly appreciated

You might want to check the Hero Submissions thread

widde said:
What more than 10 relation do i need to recruit them? (tried to recruit several with more than 10 relation and it didnt work)
The 10 relation was correct until 0.65 or so, now you need double their level as a relation, Vala is level 30 so you need 60, Ymira is level 1 so you only need 2. I guess all you tried were over level 5. You can get a rough estimate on their level by checking their equipment - if they use a knife and simple clothes they are level 1...

widde said:
What exactly does a steward do? And what skills is important for him?
If I remember correct for now they only reduce corruption, when he has more effect trainer and medical skills are a good choice for him.

widde said:
Does the skillpoints of a hero have a big effect if i give them a village? ( if they do, what skills do they need?)
Leadership determines how many patrols they can send, Trade determines how many trade caravans they can send.

widde said:
Does the skillpoints of a hero have a big effect if i tell them to form their own party? (cause i can do this right?)
I think the most important are their personal combat skills (and equipment) as nonplayers handle troops and such different from the player (for now, read the thread above).

widde said:
Does it matter what faction the hero im trying to recruit is from? (peasants, adventurers & bandits)
This has no effect on recruiting.

widde said:
What happens if i tell a hero that we need to seperate? (cause i cant garrison them in my settlement)
If you release a hero from your service he returns to his base settlement (with relation 50+ you can change it) and starts his old behavior. He also rejoins his old faction (peasant, adventurer, bandit)

just thought of something else, when the heroes are running around on the map and fighting and so on, do they level? do they get better gear?

widde said:
just thought of something else, when the heroes are running around on the map and fighting and so on, do they level? do they get better gear?
To my knowledge:
  • They gain experience but they don't distribute their stat points and so on.
  • They increase their weapon skills in fights where you participate.
  • They don't get better equipment (I think lords and kings get better equipment though).
P.S. When they join your party you can of course distribute the points they got from leveling and I think you can also do that in edit mode.

Berpol said:
P.S. When they join your party you can of course distribute the points they got from leveling and I think you can also do that in edit mode.

yes, if you have enabled edit mode on launcher, and then press character, and then press on the arrows above your char, you can move over to the units you want to distribute stat points for.

(can also be used to distribute stat points for enemy lords and such.... :mrgreen:)

Okay, there were a couple of heroes that were prisoners of a bandit troop (about a dozen bandits) that came and stopped in my settlement.  I did the Ride Towards Settlement option, Talked to a bandit and then killed them all.  For a little while in the garrison for the bandits it had Bandits (0+:cool:, and then those two heroes and the other prisoners were switched into my garrison.  So, now I have two heroes in my settlement garrison, but I can't move them into my party.  Are they just going to stay there for the rest of the game?

Well, not quite. As I understood the posts of some persons, those heroes will be duplicated, leaving one copy on your settlement forever, while the others will ride on Calradia, looting, burning, and eventually meeting their clones on your settlements, which would result on destroying the world as we know.

Yeah, and I think at least one of those heroes increases corruption (oddly, I've recruited both of the clones into my party).
So, not a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom