MP Fantasy Heroes of Middle Earth - recruiting for the creation of scene props

Users who are viewing this thread

My point was NOT to show his models look bad, but to point out they are inaccurate, thats all.

It's actually strange that nobody has ever made any lotr or at least Gondor armour OSP. Even for M&B

I did, few days ago :razz:. It contains quite a bit of stuff including gondorian soldier armor, Citadel and fountain guard armor + some extra stuff.

Got a lot to do with his Gondor Armors,
we wont blame you if you use them.
Better use a Gondor OSP Armor pack that is really great and then make damn fukin awesome own Rohan Armors :smile:
Your opinion, but hey looks ok so far !

trueten said:
I know that, but still same model will look different in M&B and WB.

It's actually strange that nobody has ever made any lotr or at least Gondor armour OSP. Even for M&B  :shock:

I blame TLD  :lol:

Although iirc Brego did some movements in that direction.

Yah, I've made a gondor helmet, gondor plate, rohan armor, uruk armor with helmet and legs, six variations of a made-up lower-tier gondor armor and a ranger of ithilien armor, or rather faramirs armor. But as Taro says, my armors arent too accurate since my modelling skills are very limited D: But I made it mostly for fun anyways, and the blood in the west guys have gotten most of it.

Aye, we're getting there. I'm still very, very busy at the moment, however once i've completed the mammoth task of texturing a dwarven great hall i've modelled, i'll pretty much have the "Gates of Moria" mod nearly completed. Just a lot of other stuff getting in the way at the moment, so I doubt i'll be able to give that a bash for a while at least.

Getting close to completion with the Gates of Moria pre-release, people. I'm waiting on some models and stuff from jimmy, and I still have some texturing, modelling and coding to do myself, but i'd say that it can realistically be released within the next three or four months.

That's my target, anyway. Might not take that long, and might (god forbid), take longer, but it should be released by then.

Taro8 said:
My OSP wasnt used in any mod so far, its from unrelated mod for unrelated game so I dont think there are any problems with them being "unoriginal".

BTW: You said you made your own gondor models. Care to show us?

EDIT: No need, I found them and I must say I find it weird that you dont want to use my OSP. Your Gondorian soldiers arent all that close to what can be seen in films

Just compare your models:

mb17.jpg

mb16.jpg

mb20.jpg

BTW: Why they have 2nd Age Numenorian shields? White tree coat of arms used in third age is different and the tree have leaves (like on my shield)

With mine:

mbwarband20101210192005.jpg

mbwarband20101210192057.jpg

mbwarband20101210192105.jpg

mbwarband20101210192618.jpg

mbwarband20101210210101.jpg

And pic from movie:
soldiers-of-gondor.jpg

Together with Turambar we managed to bring our work as close to movie version as we possibly could. Im not sying that your models are wrong or something, they just arent close to what you can see in movies despite that you say you want to base this mod on them. Im only offering a comment on this one as rest of the stuff looks pretty nice.

You got some nice armour there but it all looks too chunky. Can't you slim it done a bit?

As previously stated, this mod is put on ice until Warband is fully released. I don't know if there's any future updates planned, but I don't want to have to make the mod, then when a new feature gets implemented, redo all the coding and that.

If you want to see progress on the mod, volunteer!

Sorry for adding to the necroposting, but there is this sexy baby in the works:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,248986.0.html

Plus what does this mean:

Jimmy3LT said:
As previously stated, this mod is put on ice until Warband is fully released.

I mean woooot? Warband was released in the spring of 2010.

Shimmler said:
Jimmy3LT said:
As previously stated, this mod is put on ice until Warband is fully released.

I mean woooot? Warband was released in the spring of 2010.
He means until it stops getting small updates and stays at a single version number like Mount and Blade.

Well, that much is true. At the time that statement was made, M&B2 wasn't even on the horizon. Still, they said that M&B2 will be easier to mod (coding wise) so perhaps I'll be able to start working on modding it without having to change to a new module system every time a new version is released. We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom