Help with transitioning out of a faction

Users who are viewing this thread

john129pats

Recruit
I would like to renounce my oath to the Nords and start my own faction down south, but I have about 500 troops in Wercheg and 200 in Ismirila Caste.

My question is, what would be the best way to stop being a member of the Nords, give up my fiefs, and still keep all my troops?

Get high controwersy as marshal then capture something and ask for it, king will deny to give you fief giving you opportunity for "honorable" betrayal.
You will keep current fiefs(except villages that aren't attached to your castles/towns) + new one.

Tripida said:
Get high controwersy as marshal then capture something and ask for it, king will deny to give you fief giving you opportunity for "honorable" betrayal.
You will keep current fiefs(except villages that aren't attached to your castles/towns) + new one.

I think I may have tried something like that.  I spoke to him about renouncing my oath, and he asked me to return the fiefs I got, and I said no.  So I kept the fief but I was at war with the Nords.  Is that what you're talking about?

john129pats said:
Tripida said:

I think I may have tried something like that.  I spoke to him about renouncing my oath, and he asked me to return the fiefs I got, and I said no.  So I kept the fief but I was at war with the Nords.  Is that what you're talking about?

Actually, it sounds like you went directly to the king and asked to leave the faction, which is different from leaving after you've been refused a fief (you never have to talk directly to the king in that case).

JosieJ said:
john129pats said:
Tripida said:

Actually, it sounds like you went directly to the king and asked to leave the faction, which is different from leaving after you've been refused a fief (you never have to talk directly to the king in that case).

I think I know what you're talking about now.  I got a message where he offered me 900 denars as compensation for capturing a fief.

Sir Dekalb said:
You have edited the title you dirty troll
Normally I would say "pot calling the kettle black," but in this case it's the pot calling an orange black.  :???:

Anywho, the key to starting your own faction without losing your fiefs is indeed to request a fief be given to you and have that request rejected by the King of your faction. Then you can honorably rebel. Otherwise, you'll lose your fiefs.

Back
Top Bottom