Help with specs Jargon and which computer to buy for Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Lord Mur

Sergeant at Arms
I recently bought Warband, boxed edition, and started playing it on my rather old desktop. Thing is, even with minimal graphics settings, any more than 4 people fighting on screen results in reduced framerate and choppy action.

My computer has these specs according to dxdiag:
Windows Vista Home Premium,
Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80 Ghz (2CPUs) ~ 1.8Ghz,
1790MB RAM,
Directx 11 with an NVIDIA GeForce 750/ NVIDIA nforce 610i
and 889 MB total memory.

This doesn't mean alot to me as I am pretty slow when it comes to computers. I am prepared to wait, though, as I am getting a new laptop in the next 6 months.

Here is my question. The box of the game says 2.0 Ghz are required as standard, and the new computer I'm looking at has these specs:

Intel® Pentium® Dual Core Processor ULV SU4100 (1.30GHz, 2MB, 800MHz),
2048MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM [2x1024] ,
250GB (7,200rpm) Serial ATA Hard Drive,
GB GDDR3 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 335M

It is, however, and Alienware, which are built for gaming. So my question is this: Does my prospective new laptop have the right specs to play Warband smoothly? And if not, can anyone direct me to a good choice of computer?

Thanks very much in advance

Hi, Make sure you set DriectX to DirectX7.

In my case it made all the difference in a much older computer (Pentium 4 3 GHz 1 G Ram).

good luck :smile:

That laptop has a much better video chip than your desktop, but a slower CPU. I'm not confident that a 1.3GHz CPU will run Warband smoothly, you should probably buy something quicker. Either that, or get a video card for your desktop.

Multiple core processors are not utilised by warband. Only one core is used. So multiple cores are useless, from a mount and blade perspective. Plus if you have a computer with vista then you can cut your effective RAM down by 1/4 and if you are on a laptop then your processor is cut down a bit too, but not too much. Basically you need a good processor, everything else can be below average and you will still run it fine.

Thanks everyone, I will take this into consideration. I'm off to university next year so I wont be taking my desktop with me, and so a new vid card is a bit pointless. I will browse more laptops

Back
Top Bottom