Help with companions

Users who are viewing this thread

Marecone

Sergeant
I did read FAQ and found that there are many companions. I got a fief as hungar and after I invited nobles I got 3 companions; Bolko and 2 more. Then I loaded and joined muslims. Got fief and got same 3 companions. How do I get others? I have hired max number (4 or 5) companions from the start. Is this preventing me to get others? Should I let go of them?
Now i play as Lord of Crusader states and also got same 3 and still have those generic mercenary companions.
I have latest version of 1257 and warband is patched to the version it needs to be patched.

Thanks in advance
Modders keep up the great work

Still no help :sad:. Anyway, I got Karak castle from my king and wad able to recruit 3 new companions. Will I be able to recruit more when I get more castles? Can all my castles be in Africa and Asia or do I have to have them in all 5 cultures?

Thanx in advance and I hope someone will help me out.

You can get 6 total mercenary companions. And 3 companions per culture - that means you have to have a fief in a specific culture to get those companions.

DrTomas said:
You can get 6 total mercenary companions. And 3 companions per culture - that means you have to have a fief in a specific culture to get those companions.

Thanks guys. I am honored that DrTomas himself answered my question  :mrgreen:.

Glycerius said:
A king gets some more. Find a pretext to rebel. Who are commoners and who are noble?

Who is a pretext? Pretender to the throne? That questions about commoners and nobles is a really good one. I would like to know the answer as well.

A pretext means an excuse, like the king refusing you a fief you conquered. That gives an option to rebel, and as king of your own newly independent fief, you get some more companions.

Ok, still didn't found all companions. Even got my own kingdom but could not get new companions. Anyway, this does not concern me too much now but unobidient companions are :smile:. I go around towns and buy them equipment and give it to them but after some time they just remove their helmets and expensive surcoats and take some ****y gear. What is with that? I tried messing with auto upgrade for companions but it didn't help. I would appreciate if someone could post their settings in auto upgrade for their companions so I can do the same. Ofcourse if you are experiencing same problems as me or if it is a bug then no need for posting :smile:

Thanks in advance

P.S. It seems to me that I only have problems with companions I recruited. Btw I am playing with 1.143 version.

You are using an old SVN version. Its a bug but fixed in new version. You'll need to update and get new companions or restart.

Damn  :cry:. I am too far into the game to stop it now just because of the companions. Also, this little bug seems less game damaging then new "economy bug" in latest subversion that makes all villages ritch.

Thanks anyway guys. If nothing else, I will now have more money for my own equipement  :grin:

Marecone said:
Damn  :cry:. I am too far into the game to stop it now just because of the companions. Also, this little bug seems less game damaging then new "economy bug" in latest subversion that makes all villages ritch.

a what? There haven't been any economy tweaks for a while.

Quote from: Arszi on July 11, 2012, 02:11:41 PM
In my game all of the towns/villages are rich. I haven't seen a poor one. (Now I am at day ~100) Is it supposed to be this way, or the economy system is not complete and adjustments will occur?

It's crapy - I know. hopefully redoing the economy will help out.

From subversion thread.

Yeah, but it was like that for a v. good while now(except perhaps the few revisions when the villagers where removed). It's in your game as well. It's been like that since... I don't know, perhaps 1.132 - 1.143 upgrade.

Aha. Thanks for the reply. Will stick playing for few more days and then will upgrade to latest  patch and subversion.

So an official patch "broke" the economy? :???: Well, the plague ravaged Europe did have a special feeling at least....

To get back on topic; how do I recognize culture and regarding finding companion? Do I need for example to join Lithuanians for pagan companions or do I watch those blue letters that sometimes appear saying let say pagan:35.

Marecone said:
To get back on topic; how do I recognize culture and regarding finding companion? Do I need for example to join Lithuanians for pagan companions or do I watch those blue letters that sometimes appear saying let say pagan:35.
Yes what is that line?

Back
Top Bottom