Help with changing Order troops Equipment

Users who are viewing this thread

Cracka

Squire
I am trying to change the armor of the Silvermist rangers to that of the Grey archer with the troop editor, but the changes don't register in-game. If i recall, i used the same method to change the type of sword Valkyrie's use with great success, but that might have been prior to starting this campaign. 

It occurred to me that these changes might require a new game, but i was hoping there is another way to trigger new changes in an existing campaign. Are the equipment lists held in the save file for every troop, or another file somewhere ?

Also, i did notice that many of the troops have multiples of the same item, what is the reason for this ?

Any help appreciated.  :wink:

Edit:

In the meantime i will rename the Grey archer armor to that of the Silvermist's and delete or rename the original and see what happens.

Sarvajit said:
use morgh's editor :wink:

I changed troop iteams but it doesn't require new game.

Oh cool, thanks mate.

I have decided to start a new game anyway and maybe this time work for the green-machine hehe!

Sorry to be a pest but while adding items/equipment, how do you give items with a particular modifier, for instance i want to give a Lordly piece of armor to someone ?

The only method that MIGHT work is this:

With Morghs Editor, select the armor you want to give, and make a copy of it (i think you do this by pressing New Item and it does make a copy of it). Rename that new armour, and in the atributes list, make sure you select ONLY Lordly. So if you have Ebony Armour, make a new item, exact copy of it, rename it MY FAB EBONY, and select ONLY the Lordly atribute. I know the game engine selects the atribute at random, but I dont know if <BLANK> atribute is among the list. At least you will have a 50% chance to make it Lordly.

ms_ts_2007 said:
The only method that MIGHT work is this:

With Morghs Editor, select the armor you want to give, and make a copy of it (i think you do this by pressing New Item and it does make a copy of it). Rename that new armour, and in the atributes list, make sure you select ONLY Lordly. So if you have Ebony Armour, make a new item, exact copy of it, rename it MY FAB EBONY, and select ONLY the Lordly atribute. I know the game engine selects the atribute at random, but I dont know if <BLANK> atribute is among the list. At least you will have a 50% chance to make it Lordly.

Nice one!

I will have to give it a try. Thank you.  :grin:

When adding an item to a troop's inventory using an editor, it's always the normal (non-enhanced, not degraded) version of the item.

hieronymos said:
When adding an item to a troop's inventory using an editor, it's always the normal (non-enhanced, not degraded) version of the item.

Maybe the modifier for item quality is in the script file somewhere ?

Back
Top Bottom