help pls

Users who are viewing this thread

faramir42

Sergeant
is there anyone that knows icelandic that can help me understand modding better it seems so complicated  :sad:

faramir42 said:
is there anyone that knows icelandic that can help me understand modding better it seems so complicated  :sad:

I don't know Icelandic. But probably your best choice it's to use a nice starting guide in PDF, courtesy of Jik.
http://www.mountfanblade.com/index.php?cat=utilities&id=1

Read it and the basic concepts will look more clear for you.

To modding M&B you only need 3 things: the game itself, OpenBRF (to edit the models, textures and so) and the Module System (to edit the parties, and code in general) The rest are only to speedup your work or make it easier.
Officially there is no Warband map editor, so I can't point you out in the right direction.

faramir42 said:
cant download that either

Try with SumatraPDF, I consider it way better than Adobe Acrobat... one file, portable multi-language, lighting fast app. And free.
http://kjkpub.s3.amazonaws.com/sumatrapdf/rel/SumatraPDF-1.1.zip

thanks :smile: , downloaded it and everything works but one more question: can you make a new mod by just copying native and changing it or do you need the module system?

Depends on how much you want to change. You can change simple things like troops, weapons, names and such using simple tools but if you want anything really significant, you'll need to use the module system. What do you want to do?

i want to make a mod with new features so i guess i need the module system
this is what i want to make
faramir42 said:
Hi

in the icelandic history there is a era called sturlunga Öldin(on icelandic )it is a civil war and if i could get some people to help me this could turn out to be something  :smile:

here are some facts/ideas about the mod

there are 6 main factions:haukdælir,ásbirningar,sturlungar,svínfellingar,vatnsfirðingar and oddverjar.

the rulers are:???:??,???,hvamm sturla,ormur jónsson,þorvaldur snorrasson and jón loftsson.

there were not many fortresses in iceland then there were maybe  3-5

like the idea? pm me if you wanna help  :grin:

I'm not a map making expert, so I can't give much advice there except that you can try out the map editing utility floating around somewhere. Apparently you have to make the map in 1.011 and then port it to Warband.

Since you have six factions, I imagine you could start by just replacing names in the module system. Seach for all of the places where it says "Swadia" and change it to "haukdælir" and so on. Then you have all of the systems set up and all you have to do is continue substituting troop names and such.

Once you've got some models, you can look at how weapons and armor and such are set up in module_troops.py and copy the system while putting your own items in.

An awful lot of coding can be done simply by observing how it is already set up and copying it yourself.

im not making a mod for warband

Once you've got some models, you can look at how weapons and armor and such are set up in module_troops.py and copy the system while putting your own items in.

but i need a program to texture i cant download gimp and adobe is a very expensive  :???:

I use paint shop pro. Much cheaper than Photoshop or you could just download a free trial. If gimp doesn't work for you, psp might not either and in that case, I'm not sure what you can do except wait for a texturer to offer his(or her) services. Aside from that, I can't help you. Oh wait, have you tried paint.net? That could be an option as well.

Back
Top Bottom