help for the noob from the experts

Users who are viewing this thread

saneel

Regular
I started playing this mod and read all the guides and so on. But I need some help please. Which kingdom is the best to attack first and start your own? I though attacking that one in the middle on small island, but I can get only 90 soldiers with the boat which is not enough -.-
Is building enterprises and renting land profitable? Or should I stick to trading from Welsh? And which enterprise and where is the best (same for the land) ?
I entered some roman ruins and got attacked from a lot of powerfull warriors? What can be done there?
I have 4 spies, how can I use them? I tried at camp menu and clicking on them and nothing works?
I know that that I am being total noob here,.. but you need to start from somewhere. Tnx

1: Sometimes you might want to become a mercenary or a vassal for a while, to earn some renown and relations, I usually attack castles that have just been taken (preferably from the nation im serving) 90 men isn't many, though you could get lucky and take a castle (if you play with realistic siege stuff on it becomes a bit harder)

2: I like building enterprises, at least that way I rarely see my monthly budget go red, they are worth it in the long run, I build them while im building up my strength (getting renown and an army)

3: Just return later when you feel you can beat them, I think there is a decent reward for completing it.

4: Try right clicking on a village, town or a castle (for spies) I don't remember if there is anything else they can do.

Forget your boat, 90 men is too few, rent a ship and you can get as many men as you want to Ynys Manau. I start my kingdom by picking a faction that has only one town and no castles, you get good income from the start.

The best enterprise is a brewery, look for towns where they buy beer for over 300, those are the ones you should invest first.

Where can I rent a ship? And how can I recall spy? I want to move a spy from one town to another, is that possible?

Right click the town a spy is operating in and click "Retrieve Spy." It'll take a little bit of time, but the spy will make his way back to you as a 'Cautious Traveler.' If you forget where you have spies infiltrating, open up your Spy Reports.

saneel said:
Where can I rent a ship? And how can I recall spy? I want to move a spy from one town to another, is that possible?

To rent a ship just walk into the water. Costs a ton, and morale gets destroyed, but for such a short trip it should be worth it.

TheFlyingFishy knows what he is talking about, I always use the shortest possible route to pass between England and Ireland. I think I need to click on a village or town on the opposite shore to get into a rented ship. I lose 3 pts of morale and 3 times the number of men in my party in schillingas as rent.

Tnx guys you are really helpfull! :smile: One of my spies was found and hanged. But the others are doing good job, the people are loving me in few of those towns. When I declare my own kingdom, can those towns rebel and join me?
And how does the autorecruitment works for my settlements, so that I dont need to do all the boring job recruiting leveling up and moving troops to garrison?

So my plan for now is, I am traiding, hunting some pirates and bandits and buying enterprises, when I will have steady like 5 k income and around 100 k in my pocket, with 300 good troops and few friends in the lord ranks, I will capture some poorly defended castle from some faction which is weak and with a lot of enemies. Did anyone try to capture that town on island between Ireland and Britain? It has only two lords, but I need some feedback from people who tried it.

You can buy ships in port cities, I have never tried to attack Ynys Manau so I can't help you there, but if you get 300 decent men you should be alright, maybe you can get lucky and take it while the prince is out patrolling (or attack him while he is)

To saneel: I never automate leveling, it does not matter what you have in garrison, if AI wants it, it will take it even if you have all heavy infantry in there and the cost for the garrison raises way to high for my taste. I'll always keep 301 tier one men in every place I own. I've noticed that 300 seems to be a kind of a repellant for light probing attacks.

Last time I took Ynys Manau was with over 1000 men, went there, knocked on the door and asked for their surrender. That was it. I wouldn't take that early and never as my first place to own, it is easy to defend but it's a pain to travel there with an army.

You are probably right, they have 300-400 garrison and two lords, thats like 1000 troops -.-
Can towns and lords that like you, try to join you when you declare your kingdom?
How do you recruit monks? I was to monastery, but only got few women -.- hehehe

They can offer alliance but that's it, never join or become puppet.

Monks are not in the troops listing, no way to get them unless you mod them yourself. Priests and clerics can be found though.

Mostly from prisoners, very rarely from tavern, you can try wandering parties but I've never managed to get anyone from those. Priests are a must for me when I'm running with an army, I don't have to stop to fight every day just to keep my men from deserting.

When I join as a mercenary for faction, I automatically lose all the relations I had with other factions. Will those relations get back when my contract finishes?

Should only cost a few hundred schillings to make peace, if the nation you're sworn to isn't at war with them.

I found that cities and castles are almost without defenses, no high walls, towers,.. Which one is the best to capture and is easiest to defend? Any tip?

Back
Top Bottom