Hello, and welcome to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ping111

Recruit
Salutations!

I noticed that there's no special board for welcoming one to the community, so I figured this was the best place to do it!

My name is ping111 (not capitalized, ever).  It has several pronunciations - "ping-one-one-one" is the usual one; but, if ever faced with a clone of me or something of the sort, the emergency version is "ping-eleventy-one".  However, every Warband community in which I have ever participated, be it Steam, Mumble, or I'll be darned the game itself, knows me as Maplelicious.

I, the sad sap behind this computer, am little more than a teenaged Canadian, boasting a large lexicon and strong grammatical style.

As you can see, when playing "serious" files (as opposed to "challenges" or "silly", where I make things more difficult for myself or throw something way off kilter, like dedicating my entire initial skillset to skills that improve my archery), I often swear my allegiance to Swadia.  Swadia's surrounding area is fairly peaceful, and has no significant Bandit issues.  The tournaments are plenty and enjoyable, especially when I pull off a rather steep bet.  In said serious files, I tend to shift my proficiencies towards sword and shield and archery.  On a horse, my weapon of choice is a lance.

In terms of the games, I actually prefer Napoleonic Wars over native.  The time period is more relevant to my interests, your followers follow directions more orderly-ly, and the gameplay is just... good.  My current Napoleonic Wars regiment is the Equestrian Foreign Legion (EQFL), a fairly minor group, where I make my mark as a speedy and accurate cannon-loader, as well as a decent shot.  I'm not the best at melee, however, so I tend to stay back, hence my skill at artillery.  For a time, I was a rifleman for the 1st Lutzwöches Freikorps, the Prussian infantry.  Even so, I prefer not to talk about my time there, as I was, well, terminated on my own terms.

Napoleonic Wars has inspired me to join a real-life re-enactment group.  Fairly soon, I will be an official member of the Incorporated Militia of Upper Canada's Musicians' Guild, as either a drummer or a fifer.  I'm thinking of going for the drum.

Well, I suppose that's about all I have to say about this for now.  I look forward to meeting you!

Cheers!
~ping111

P.S. Dear admins: Thank you so very much for using the SimpleMachines forum engine!  It's so much easier to use than Vbulletin or anything like that!
Also, if this is of positive concern to anyone, I am a long-time, faithful brony.  If you are of the same persuasion, I would be duly thankful for meeting you.

Sushiman said:
Why should we care?

Also, Bronies are ******** retarded.
Well, aren't you just a little ball of sunshine.  Forgot your Wheaties in the morning?
Workaholic said:
ping111 said:
Salutations!
I noticed that there's no special board for welcoming one to the community, so I figured this was the best place to do it!
Welcome.
Well.  Funny thing - I searched "welcome" and "greetings".  I suppose I could move this, or maybe I won't.  That's just the magic.

ping111 said:
Also, if this is of positive concern to anyone, I am a long-time, faithful brony.  If you are of the same persuasion, I would be duly thankful for meeting you.
6iPTG.jpg

ping111 said:
Well.  Funny thing - I searched "welcome" and "greetings". 

If one searches the entire forum for the word "greetings", the correct thread is the 23rd result. That's on the first page! While your use of me is appreciated (I enjoy being used. Please use me often.), a little more dedication to reviewing your findings may yield better results.

ping111 said:
I suppose I could move this, or maybe I won't.  That's just the magic.

You can't move it, but you sure can lock it. That would be best.

What's wrong with you people? Why can't you be exceptive? Everyone can call us huge nerds for playing mount and blade, yet you choose to just attack this guy for what he likes, if discriminating against religion is not allowed, why should discriminating against ones tv show choices be allowed either?

Search Function said:
ping111 said:

If one searches the entire forum for the word "greetings", the correct thread is the 23rd result. That's on the first page! While your use of me is appreciated (I enjoy being used. Please use me often.), a little more dedication to reviewing your findings may yield better results.

ping111 said:

Shut up, Search Function.  :evil:

Caesar15 said:
What's wrong with you people? Why can't you be exceptive? Everyone can call us huge nerds for playing mount and blade, yet you choose to just attack this guy for what he likes, if discriminating against religion is not allowed, why should discriminating against ones tv show choices be allowed either?

Temuzu was probably being sarcastic. Plus, if you aren't a brony, the likelihood is that you dislike bronies. However, that dislike doesn't mean that he is attacking him for liking MLP. It is likely in jest, which is something you would have realised had you known how Temuzu, or Sushi.

Plus, the people that last on the forum are the people with thick skins. A lot of us old grumpers tend to give new people quite the test, not that I recieved one myself. If Ping can't handle people taking jibes at him, then that's a shame.  :razz:

Vieira said:
Search Function said:
ping111 said:

ping111 said:

Shut up, Search Function.  :evil:

Caesar15 said:

Temuzu was probably being sarcastic. Plus, if you aren't a brony, the likelihood is that you dislike bronies. However, that dislike doesn't mean that he is attacking him for liking MLP. It is likely in jest, which is something you would have realised had you known how Temuzu, or Sushi.

Plus, the people that last on the forum are the people with thick skins. If Ping can't handle people taking jibes at him, then that's a shame.  :razz:

I hope it was sarcasm, it's been a long time since I've been on this forum, plus I am used to brony hate so it's hard for me to take it as a jest.

Vieira said:
(1.) Temuzu was probably being sarcastic. Plus, if you aren't a brony, the likelihood is that you dislike bronies. However, that dislike doesn't mean that he is attacking him for liking MLP. It is likely in jest, which is something you would have realised had you known how Temuzu, or Sushi.

(2.) Plus, the people that last on the forum are the people with thick skins. If Ping can't handle people taking jibes at him, then that's a shame.  :razz:
1.  Sure didn't seem like sarcasm to me.  And that's not even the "you can't get tone of voice" over the Internet.  He was expressing his opinion, and he has a right to that, I suppose, no matter how stuck-up, rude, and bigoted is.

2. I do have a fairly thick skin.  I mean, I'm not tying a noose or anything, even if it does piss me off a bit that watching a damn cartoon can harbour such flak.  However, if the way you guys go about business here is to haze noobs to weed out those that aren't just cold-hearted neckbeards, I'm not sure if this is the place for me.

Hey, we aren't all cold hearted.  :razz:

It really depends on how you are taken in. Some people merge smoothly into the forums without a hitch, while others take a beating and eventually become decent, or begin to be treated as decent if they were misconstrued at the start.

Basically, a lot of people have strong opinions on here. A lot of different opinions, and there can be a lot of arguments/discussions. You obviously have quite a liking of MLP, but besides our resident bronies, it gets quite a bit of flak. My advice would be to stick your MLP chat in the thread (in the Music, Books and Art thread), and to observe how most people interact with others.

There will always be people with differing opinions than you on here, and will argue with you about it, but there will be people who share your opinions. It's less about hazing in newbs, but more about weeding out the retards. If you prove to be a reasonable person, then people will like you more. Respect is earned, not given out yadda yadda

Oh, and there are definitely ****s on here.  :razz:

Search Function said:
It's okay ping. Nobody loves me either...

At least you know your place. <3

Caesar15 said:
That's like, the saddest story ever, man.

'Sup, Ping?

Vieira said:
3ij5H.jpg

Comrade Temuzu said:
Stop posting Azrooh, you were supposed to fix the raw hides in PF, but you didnt, so now I have to work on the scene longer. :mad:

Man, I haven't touched PW in over a year, I didn't even know it had hunting.
i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing-dog.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom