Hearts of Iron IV (Release June 6th)

Users who are viewing this thread

ColonicAcid said:
But with a small installement of 25 dollars you too can get some random assortment of minor countries with equipment names and special sprites!!!!!!!
:lol:

Sherlock Holmes said:
Release is nearing! What nations will you pick first?
I was thinking of maybe Italy, but I imagine they'll give it heavy penalties on technology and organization to simulate just how bad their army was. How was it done in HoI 3?
I would probably start off with a major. The Soviet Union preferably. Always loved playing as them on Hoi3, so hopefully it's as enjoyable on Hoi4.

But eh, getting a Taleworlds MP game going could be interesting?

gokiller said:
But eh, getting a Taleworlds MP game going could be interesting?

Possibly, but a TW paradox multiplayer game has only gone well once or maybe twice (both times EU3, a long ass time ago), don't remember. Most others just stopped after the first session. :Þ

BenKenobi said:
No, minors' tanks and manufacturers won't be named on launch as they are apparently not significant (Škoda Works and Manfréd Weiss Stahl-und Metallwerke AG are not included whereas MAN AG is in the game. Because Germany. Haha).
I was afraid of that... :sad:

Stupid Swedes, they couldn't make any war-worthy tanks themselves. Now I gotta buy the HÖHÖHÖ WE TRICK YUO Axis Minors DLCs...

Silly Swedes, any battle fame your tanks ever got was while serving with the Hungarian Fast Corps. They were so horribly bad (even by minor power standards) the Hungarians had to upgun and uparmor them to even be viable for recon duty.
Also they weren't even riveted all over, for shame!

Probably Germany to get to grips with it. Then all the other majors before the Albania challenge.

RabbleKnight said:
Maybe a cold war DLC for HoI IV is planned later?
No and mods will suck because HOI is a war game not a diplomacy game. A cold war gone hot scenario (ala Wargame) however might work well.

What I really really like from the previews I've seen is how they seem to have combined the map-modes.
Zooming in dynamically shrinks the areas of the country that have the well known "country colouring" and gives you the nice pretty textures of the terrain while the border regions are still clearly visibly marked in the various colours.

Because for example in CK2 it always felt silly to install those gorgeous texture mods and such as for me the game becomes really confusing to play when I can't clearly see what kingdom/county/whatever is what.

TitanToe said:
It looks like that a lot of things will be done differently than HoI 2 and 3 did things, some things gained more depth while others lost some for the sake of reducing micromanagement. Personally I'm quite excited but how do other HoI veterans feel about the changes?
Some good, some decent, some bad. Not holding my breath. Waiting for the non-Steam version.

Back
Top Bottom