Health

Users who are viewing this thread

Maestrro

Sergeant
Where and What I have to change if I want to respawning players with patrial health mod (so they have more health) but with full health and not with 30%?
Thanks

Question 2: How can I add banners to PW, is there any tutorial or something?

Maestrro said:
Where and What I have to change if I want to respawning players with patrial health mod (so they have more health) but with full health and not with 30%?
Thanks

Question 1 -> In your Persistent World configuration file, you got:

set_disallow_ranged_weapons 0        # set this to 1 to disable combat troops respawning with partial health

Question 2 -> You won't be able to add banners to Persistent World since it would require a client update wich means it would be a different mod than PW.

Ra'Jiska said:
Maestrro said:
Thanks

Question 1 -> In your Persistent World configuration file, you got:

set_disallow_ranged_weapons 0        # set this to 1 to disable combat troops respawning with partial health

Question 2 -> You won't be able to add banners to Persistent World since it would require a client update wich means it would be a different mod than PW.
1. I know this but you dont understand me. if I set to 0 I have a lot of health and die harder (I want to keep this on 0) but if you die you respawn with 30% of health and I want to change it to 100% so I want full health after respawn.
2. I want to add it to my Persistent Age mod, I asked for PW because it is based on PW mod.

Maestrro said:
1. I know this but you dont understand me. if I set to 0 I have a lot of health and die harder (I want to keep this on 0) but if you die you respawn with 30% of health and I want to change it to 100% so I want full health after respawn.
2. I want to add it to my Persistent Age mod, I asked for PW because it is based on PW mod.

- Yes, as said in the quoted line before after the comment (#), you must set it to '1' in order to not spawn with partial health.
- Alrighty, then replace/edit in files banner_*.dds in your 'Textures' folder of your module.

you dont understand me again.
I want to keep it on 0 because if you have full HP you have more HP
if I set it to 1 I have less HP so I need less damage to die.

Maestrro said:
That is a nonsensical contradiction in terms. If you just want to freely give everyone doubled hit points, that is not the point of the feature: think of it as "optional extra hit points for people who invest in it each life". The motivation is so that players would often have an investment in their current "life", so they aren't encouraged to get a friend to guard their loot and commit suicide for a free health refill, which was a common problem in earlier versions of PW.

The respawn health percentage is only 30% for the lord troop type, higher for everything else: you can see the actual values in script initialize_game_rules. The percentages decrease progressively for higher tier troops because players using them are more likely to have the support of faction infrastructure for food and resting places. You could also think of those troops as more likely to be previously wounded in battle and require healing - from the imaginary time they existed before you took control of them.

However, if you are working on a different submod rather than actually on PW as you said, it's up to you to remake designs however you want; just change the code that adjusts the maximum hit points to be unconditional, making it the same on server and clients - see script on_agent_spawned.
Maestrro said:
How can I add banners to PW, is there any tutorial or something?
That is explained in one of the guides linked from the sticky post: "Adding basic items and scene props".

Back
Top Bottom