HDR in Mount and Blade!

Users who are viewing this thread

this should be installed to the main game, so those bloody previewers would stop japing about the bad graphics

Wow that's weird with the CPU usage, I have the same thing, when I started a quick battle core 1 went SKYHIGH while core 2 were at the bottom. Is this fixable you think? Also, the game looks a bit like a western movie with tuls settings, is it possible to remove that?

Also is it possible to make nights brighter? Even with 2.50 gamma it's so dark I can only see 5-6 meters infront of me, and the campaign screen is pitch black except for names of towns/villages.

Reading the thread would tell you that this mod enables a modified bloom effect that is made to look like HDR.

Basically you can get bloom, color correction and increased contrast. To achieve the best (or more extreme) results you need custom textures for it (IMO). I'm using very moderate settings, but I got so used to this thing I can't play without it anymore :smile:

The defalut settings definetly need to be toned down... some of them make it impossible to fight at night and make your eyes burn when seeing something like say, a really shining armor or the main menu.

I may have to play this without the HDR effect. I really want it to work, but so far, all the configs I've tried and messed around with, nights are still nearly pitch black, and the shops are pitch black as well, even with my gamma at 2.5. It's really a shame as I'd really love to use this mod, because it does look really beautiful riding a horse in your armor across a sunlit grassland.

Thelonious said:
I may have to play this without the HDR effect. I really want it to work, but so far, all the configs I've tried and messed around with, nights are still nearly pitch black, and the shops are pitch black as well, even with my gamma at 2.5. It's really a shame as I'd really love to use this mod, because it does look really beautiful riding a horse in your armor across a sunlit grassland.

Did you try Ursca's settings? Maybe you should if you haven't.

Ursca said:
Ok. I think I've worked out a fully playable set of HDR settings. They should just improve native without making night or snow battles difficult to play. Some textures might need a bit of work on a case-by-case basis, but overall I think it's pretty solid.

HDRcomparison.jpg

(The skybox is a personal one)

Download here.

If his settings are included in the Graphical Enchancement pack, then yes, I have. I'm fiddling around with some settings right now to see if I can achieve an effect I like. I'll try that one out too. Thanks. :smile:

hello guys. I don't understant this step

I forgot to tell those were settings for people that already use the ENB.

Rename "d3dx9_31.dll" to whatever dll is missing. And then you should have original package... pfft...

In main folder I have d3dx9_31.dll, and when I copy to main folders d3d9.dll and d3dx9_26.dll, after I have in main folders d3dx9_31.dll; d3d9.dll and d3dx9_26.dll. But Hdr didnť work. :cry:

Cloud Breaker said:
The game still looks pretty bad with this. This isn't even a true HDR.

That's putting it mildly. This is more like Bloom circa 1999.

Nasty as ****.

And entirely CPU bound .. which is already bound to the bloody ragdolls thanks very much!

Awful.

Why don't you just download the 2.5 Enchanced graphics mod which has it all setup and ready to toggle with f12?

Using an older version?

I don't like GE. I using Punkt's High resolution textures. Punkt's High is cool. GE is unrealistic for me.
And I want using HDR, but I don't know, how instal it. :sad:

vinniczech said:
And I want using HDR, but I don't know, how instal it. :sad:

You just have to put the files in you M&B folder. That's it.

The files are as follows:

- enbseries.ini
- enbs_re4.ini not needed
- effect.txt
- d3d9.dll
- d3dx9_26.dll
- enbpalette.bmp (optional)

Back
Top Bottom