Haven and Hearth

Users who are viewing this thread

Trooper5445

Master Knight
Weird sort of Sandbox Indie RPG thing.

Free anyways and amusing. Like a free version of Wurm if you will. Anyone want to try to figure this out?

http://www.havenandhearth.com/portal/

It's hard but amusing. Sort of like a free version of Wurm. There is no real tutorial though, or any good starting guides.

Anyone here interested in helping out one another for a little bit?
The beginning is rather hard and if youre alone you spend way too much time gathering food without being able to do much else.
E.g. building a log cabin takes ages to build on your own.

I've got a little onion farm up and running with onion patches, apple trees and the occasional chicken to sustain me. Apparently I've set up just SW of one of the major player-created cities in the game too so I should be able to trade there in the future for any needed resources. If anyone wants to join me my hearth secret is set to "Taleworlds"

Wellenbrecher said:
Anyone here interested in helping out one another for a little bit?
The beginning is rather hard and if youre alone you spend way too much time gathering food without being able to do much else.
E.g. building a log cabin takes ages to build on your own.
It took me about two hours, in that time i gathered the needed resources and builded the whole thing. I'm also in a very good location in terms of food, tree, clay/water resources.

Adviser said:
It took me about two hours, in that time i gathered the needed resources and builded the whole thing. I'm also in a very good location in terms of food, tree, clay/water resources.
Damn you :lol:
Ah well. It was my first character and pretty messed up as well. Started another one yesterday evening and things are pretty good. Actually two, but one started in  pretty devastated area with lots of claims already

It seems to be back on line.
Wellenbrecher said:
Adviser said:
Damn you :lol:
Ah well. It was my first character and pretty messed up as well. Started another one yesterday evening and things are pretty good. Actually two, but one started in  pretty devastated area with lots of claims already
I'm still playing with my first character and started with only four breads, starting shoes, pants and big hat, everything else was left behind :lol:.

I just made a new dude. I think he's near Avarice.

He's near a farm and a river anyway. Anyone know a Kaldrys? He appeared in that heart icon in my HUD. I need a bone to make a hook. I hate how fishing requires hunting. Anyone got a spare bone?

Edit: Crap. This Kaldrys guy's got bone material. So tempted to steal! X_x

Edit2: And ****. He has spindly taproot too! So tempted to steaal D: !

Got a log cabin, my first cupboard inside(damn, that thing's huge) and a onion farm. Porblem: there's a bear between me and the nearest source of water, so I can't build a kiln :???:
Hate that beast... knocked me down thrice already.

And I've got a ****load of bones :razz:

Edit:
As long as I don't get rid of that bear I'll have to walk a whoopin' ten minutes.. great.
Three more trips and I should have enough for the oven and the kiln though.

I am Kaldrys. Please help yourself to whatever materials/tools you need except leather. And feathers. And plant fibers. I need to build a bed  :smile:.

I've got flax and onions growing so they should be ready for harvest fairly soon. Feel free to use some, just be sure to replant. Also from my explorations there is a wild onion patch to the east on the SW corner of the yellow region. Further east of that there is a larger yellow region where there are wild flax seeds. And about 10 minutes NE of the farm there is civilization. Hopefully they don't feel like locating and/or crushing my little utopia.

Now if I could just find some wheat seeds I would be set. Think I'll have to try looking across the river or trading with the city folk.

@ Wellenbrecher

Solution to your bear problem: join our growing village  :smile:

I traded some wheat, tea, onion, flax and some flower seeds into items i had. Harvest Moon here we come  :lol:. I also saw a bear in the woods, good thing is that its on the other side of the river  :cool:.

Swimming kills you if you're below 40 constitution and if you'Re already in he water when you activate it. I was dead before the warning popped up :/
Character gone for good.
AvaRice said:
@ Wellenbrecher

Solution to your bear problem: join our growing village  :smile:
Will do. The secret is Taleworlds?

Edit:
Alright. My dear beginner is named Stencil and at your village.

Edit II:
Actually he's called hagen, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom