Hate to revisit this....

Users who are viewing this thread

Illinest

Recruit
Okay I need to make a request, worded as strongly as I can get without actually turning into a demand.

:oops:

I think that the type of attack/block that you perform should be relative to the direction that the mouse is being moved rather than relative to the position of your crosshair on the enemy.

If you move you are moving (or last moved) your mouse left, the next attack should be a slash from right to left

If you move your mouse upward, your attack should be a straight stab

If you move your mouse downward, your attack should be an over the top swing downward.

If you move your mouse upward, your block should be the high block

If you move your mouse to the right, your block should be the right block.

I find the current system to be just too counter intuitive. Also please note that I am NOT asking for a scheme based on character movement, (ala Morrowind) I do NOT want a character movement based scheme, I want a mouse movement based scheme.

/rant off

If you do change this please make it an option, so we can select what control we want. I like the way it is now personally.

actually, i rather like this idea. It's essentially the same as the system now, except without some arbitrary point that you can't see that you have to be above or below or to the right of, etc... correct?

I agree that untying the attack direction to a target is good; I often find myself wanting to ready a type of attack well before my target is in front of me.

I'd like to see a system such as this whereby the user is in control of attack direction at all times regardless of visible targets.

i'm less frustrated now, and I feel I should add that it's more a problem that I have with BLOCKING attacks right now. I think that it would be easier to block attacks if this system was employed.

The player IS in control of the swings....

You move the mouse then press the mouse to swing in that direction, move it up to chop and down to thrust!

Its not intuitive.

Go fight a horde of river pirates by yourself (as i am fond of doing) The targeting system will randomly switch on you and when you think youre blocking right, youll actually be blocking left on the new target. then you get hit twice even though you thought you were gonna be all cool and block em both.

I can understand if this doesnt bother the typical shield user, but i like using two handed sword and the game completely screws me sometimes.

Cleitan said:
The player IS in control of the swings....

You move the mouse then press the mouse to swing in that direction, move it up to chop and down to thrust!

That's how I do it. I'm not seeing that great a need for this suggestion but yeah, it could easily become a useful refinement. I'd just don't feel it being a major one.

However that's how major improvements are started...

I like the attack system the way it is now, but i would like to be able to control which direction i block. I've encountered the same problem, where i go to block one attack, but it ends up blocking an attack that was too far away to begin with, and i get hit. Not to mention how funny and effective it is to just right-click constantly and block everything, although i refrain from this tactic/exploit. I would also like to see something like this implemented with your shield. That shield shouldn't just cover a forward 120 degree angle or whatever(shield up + facing enemy = godmode until shield is destroyed), it should protect what the graphic suggests...and be movable up and down.

I can add an option to control attack/defense by the last mouse movement. It is easy enough. :smile:

I'll add a small delay time between right-clicking and your defense being effective sometime. That'll hopefully get rid of the constant right-clicking exploit.

Thanks for the feedback :wink:

Back
Top Bottom