Hajdučka Družina

Users who are viewing this thread

Fokke

Sergeant
Hajdučka Družina

j6370o.jpg

Hajduks were outlaws and fighters who were active in the Balkan peninsula during Ottoman domination, roughly from 15th to 19th century.

Driven by ideals of freedom or by lust for glory and wealth, they fought tenaciously and inspired their people during the foreign rule, playing a central role during the 19th century revolutions that gave birth to many independent Balkan Nations.

2h35y1e.jpg

Some of them are still famous today and many have become folk heroes romanticised by tradition. They were greatly respected and often supported by their people and the local Orthodox Churches that lived through the domination.
In the Balkans, their deeds are well known by the great majority of the people and they have thoroughly been analyzed in literature for their nature of "social bandits".

Hajduks would come down from their hideouts on St. George's day and would go back on St. Demetrius's day.
Having a very simple organization, one leader called "Harambaš" and his followers, they would act as a guerrilla force: they ambushed enemies - they would disguise themselves as girls, beggars or even dead bodies in order to take them by surprise and suffer as little losses as possible - and avoided frontal fights with stronger forces than theirs.
They were so good at their job Turks often hoped never to meet any of them.

In a battle we would play as skirmishers, disturbing the enemies shooting from distance and avoiding big fights as long as possible.
If naval fights will be implemented, we will gladly play as sailors since pirates were very common in this area.
We will play as Cossacks because of their good firearms and clothes resembling balkan costume from 17th century.

This clan's background is about south-slavic warriors, but we mainly speak English between us and we have Serbian, Polish and Italian members.

We are just friends playing for fun, there is no regimental order here and as such this is a closed group: joining requires an invitation from the boss, which is me. You can find me on Steam as khFokke.

Edit: This topic was filled with spam and potential flame as I opened it. A mod has cleaned it and messages are missing, except the following one, which was my reply. I hope it will clear up further doubts.

... Hajduks were common people who for various reasons lived as outlaws, hiding in woods and attacking Ottomans who were ruling the Balkans (=Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia, Albania, Bulgaria, Greece...) since 15th century.
Hajdut is the same term in Bulgarian.

ProudBulgarian said:
YOU FORGOT TO SAY THAT HAIDUTS ARE BULGARIANS!

I already know this kind of replies. Please keep nationalism out of this topic. I'm founding a clan, not exalting someone's nationality.

Edit:

This clan is about every Hajduk, or Hajdut, Hejduk, Gajduk, anyhow you want to call it: they were the same men fighting against one enemy, in Bulgaria as well in Serbia.
What's the point of all this discussion?  :neutral:

Hofiko said:
False. Hajduks were popular unit in this part of Europe, and as far as I know, they come from Hungary.

Hajduks were also regular troops in Commonwealth army, from Hungarian origin, as well as Hussars. Both of these troops come from Balkanic region: slavic people found refuge under the Habsburg Monarchy and from there they spread out towards Poland. They were regular soldiers, with uniforms and were part of the Polish-Lithuanian army.
Totally different were the Balkanic Hajduks, who weren't actually troops, but rebels, warriors without a true organisation and whose aim was to become rich or obtain freedom from Ottoman oppression; indeed Ottomans didn't allow to those subjected people to carry weapons or fine clothes: Balkanic people were mostly peasants, or priestes and monks, since Ottomans did allow freedom of worship.

Reoul_MM said:
Did you know Cossacks only win 1 in 50 of very round in the deluge. I don't know why anyone wold make a clan out of them until the are fixed.

Hope you have bad luck :grin:.

Deluge revival banner sweep incoming, reply here if you're still active. The banner sweep itself doesn't apply to you fine gentlemen of course, but you can always apply to have your banner included if you should wish were it so that you're still active.

Best.

Back
Top Bottom