Clan's Password-Protected Banners and Banner suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

edit: You can post your suggestions for historically accurate banners in this thread. Please supply the name of the banner and some image presenting how the banner looked like.

Here's the current list of clans which have their own password-protected banner included in The Deluge. We want to update this list and remove unneeded banners of non-existing clans to free some resources and so that new clans could take their place.

Therefore, each clan leader should confirm in this thread that his clan still exist (please add info about how many clan members are currently active).

CURRENT LISTCONFIRMED
2vd4t2c.jpg
1. Koronny Regiment Pancerny
x3egap.jpg
1. Lucky Dogs
2isupty.jpg
2. Yebenoso
orv7r6.jpg
2. Mercenary Guild
30k3urb.jpg
3. Tercio Viejo de Cartagena
fau43m.jpg
3. Essex Mercenaries
nwmpeo.jpg
4. Tercio Viejo de Napoles
2jeae8g.jpg
4. Hajducka Druzina
fau43m.jpg
5. Essex Mercenaries
vxbz3r.jpg
5. 1ste Nassau Karabiniers
x3egap.jpg
6. Lucky Dogs
fvheug.jpg
6. East India Trading Company
vxbz3r.jpg
7. 1ste Nassau Karabiniers
2z65cht.jpg
8. Gula Brigaden
ok5cl.jpg
9. Royal Regiment of Dorsetshire
2jeae8g.jpg
10. Hajducka Druzina
2rhmudg.jpg
11. East India Company
2a7g7ib.jpg
12. Verenigde Oost-Indische
1z4zl75.jpg
13. Armia Koronna
2lp5zm.jpg
14. Regiment Gwardii Korony Polskiej
2nklvmp.jpg
15. Scottish Mercenary Halberdiers
2yuer8j.jpg
16. 41st Regiment of Foote
orv7r6.jpg
17. Mercenary Guild
fvheug.jpg
18. East India Trading Company

Slawomir of Aaarrghh said:
Here's the current list of clans which have their own password-protected banner included in The Deluge. We want to update this list and remove unneeded banners of non-existing clans to free some resources and so that new clans could take their place.

Therefore, each clan leader should confirm in this thread that his clan still exist (please add info about how many clan members are currently active). If there will be no confirmation till the end of next week, the banner will be removed.

x3egap.jpg
6. Lucky Dogs

Lucky Dogs reporting in, Sirrah!
We are still active and available. Count us around the dozen mark.

A deadline expiring before the end of next week may be a tad too soon, in my opinion. After all, this is a fresh new topic and thus won't appear in the unread topics tab. Furthermore this board has been dead silent throughout the summer and as such many clan leaders may no longer check this thread on a regular basis. I'll post a link in some of these clans' threads so that they may at least have an inkling that something is aloof.

I compiled a list of the clan leader names and sent it to Slawomir. As I was going through the list, I double-checked - all of them have been active as of last week. I guess the delay in last year's patch really did kill off enthusiasm for the Deluge. The thread sweep is a nice idea though Orchid, get to it!

The Gula Brigaden doesnt exist anymore, but you can replace it with my new regiment:

Regiment 'Pappenheim'

uqj6pryhqua.png

Sorry I edited the banner of the Pappenheimer Regiment, we would like to use this one:

uqj6pryhqua.png

And as I said before you can delete the Gula Brigaden.

Hi!

Choragiew Wolentarska would like to add their banner:

2i89kqh.png

I'm not sure if it's appriopriate - if not, then please tell me what's wrong and i'll remake it.

My group has not been active for some time as a whole, but you can still see some of us playing on the servers.
Me and my friends have no intention of giving up. We plan to get back in actions as soon as the new version comes out with a dozen or so members.

I apologize for the late reply but the East India Trading Company is more than willing to get back into the fight!
- current member count not certain but at minimum 10 members.

Picture from the good ol days  :mrgreen:

I wonder if the Habsburg Eagle is a little boo busy for what would be a relatively small field above a player's head? Whilst it may be period accurate to a tee, I understand that even the Habsburg themselves would phase out the eagle design on all military pieces of identification - choosing instead to opt for a much simpler split field of yellow and black (introduce 1686). It's out by some fifteen years (in relation to the period) but I think it would work better as an aesthetic choice.

IF-9g.jpg

Leifr Eiríksson said:
I wonder if the Habsburg Eagle is a little boo busy for what would be a relatively small field above a player's head? Whilst it may be period accurate to a tee, I understand that even the Habsburg themselves would phase out the eagle design on all military pieces of identification - choosing instead to opt for a much simpler split field of yellow and black (introduce 1686). It's out by some fifteen years (in relation to the period) but I think it would work better as an aesthetic choice.

IF-9g.jpg

Well, the current banner choice isn't accurate either; I found an existing Spanish design and modified (the Reichskrone from the 1804 Leibfahne, the halos, and the yellow background) it to serve as a banner for both Spanish and Imperial forces, as well as one that looks good on a large flag. Point taken about player's heads, however. The whole idea of a clan for the entire Habsburg army is a bit of a stretch; the only time it would really fit is a century before the Deluge timeframe. The decision was really a compromise taken because of a friend wanting to reenact the Spanish Tercios, and my own liking of the Imperial army.

I might also want to change it to a more square shape, resolution is not good but unfortunately not really something I can fix with the current design, but I still like it.

First post updated.

Of course we will be adding banners for any new clans. There are only two conditions:

1. Your Clan must be... er... in stabilized condition. So no "I made a new clan yesterday, there's me and my two friends, please add our banner" or any stuff like that, please. Post your banner request when you feel that your clan is worth it.

2. Only proper banners. And by "proper" I mean stuff that is out of place or doesn't fit the mod theme. No funny, futuristic etc. things. Also, banners should look like banners - this is a great example of how banners cannot look like (only the small green thing with white strap could be made into a banner).

Back
Top Bottom