Hacking in Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Gotha said:
btw. I wrote a radar... just some minutes...

http://wotr-kreuzritter.de/mb1.jpg

The green point is the player.
The blue points are teammates.
The red points are enemys.
The pink points are flag spawn points.
The black points are the spawn points of the teams.

And the text on the left of the radar is a counter counting the amount of troop classes per team.

It is working on all warband servers...  :???:

Edit: And on all maps... also custom maps...

Nope. I will not use or share it!  :neutral:

There are only 10 red dots, but according to your little overlay, there should be 11 enemy players alive. Unless it doesn't update when people die...

Mr.X said:
Gotha said:
btw. I wrote a radar... just some minutes...

http://wotr-kreuzritter.de/mb1.jpg

The green point is the player.
The blue points are teammates.
The red points are enemys.
The pink points are flag spawn points.
The black points are the spawn points of the teams.

And the text on the left of the radar is a counter counting the amount of troop classes per team.

It is working on all warband servers...  :???:

Edit: And on all maps... also custom maps...

Nope. I will not use or share it!  :neutral:

There are only 10 red dots, but according to your little overlay, there should be 11 enemy players alive. Unless it doesn't update when people die...

The radar is every time up-to-date.  :wink:

Well I don't want something similar to battle eye or punkbuster.
I would rather call out blacklisting as a option among the server hosters. Though it might also turn out to be pandora's box to do so, if people blacklist innocent players.

Crille said:
I would rather call out blacklisting as a option among the server hosters. Though it might also turn out to be pandora's box to do so, if people blacklist innocent players.

In other games that do the blacklisting, innocents are always blamed in it as well.  All it takes is a good nerd rage and a couple good players whipping you for someone to cry 'hacker' and then you run off good players.  Actual proof is always the best method, then nobody but the guilty are punished.

The Donutio said:
Autoblock function should have never even existed. It´s unreallistic, it doesn´t teach sheet about basic blocking to SP players so when they come in MP they have to learn again from zero, if they don´t come back to the easy SP before, of course; and causes some hacks. As if it wasn´t enough with the bots having no brain. The devs gotta stop babysitting new players like that.
A.) No
B.) Even if this was a non-trivial issue, it doesn't change the fact that M&B evolved from SP and some people like to focus more on the ai battles than individual combat, and they shouldn't have that taken from them just to satisfy the MP crowd. It would be somewhat ok to remove it from MP, but then again, there are mods that really don't matter either way if auto-block is on or not. 

Hacks will and do exist for almost every game, I have found working hacks for warband but I don't use them because they defeat the purpose of a competitive game and I haven't found them to be a remote issue in this game to the point where I think the devs need to waste time on combating them and blacklisting is a good way to destroy a community and start witch hunts. Basically just tell admins and have some proof and let it sort itself out that way, been working for the last 2 years no need to mess with the system now. Just my 2 cents.

DavidMF said:
Just press the damn "Modify" button Taira O:

nu

Seeing as it appears to be very hard to control hackers in WB, lets just hope they change it in Bannerlord.

schwartz said:
Basically just tell admins and have some proof and let it sort itself out that way, been working for the last 2 years no need to mess with the system now. Just my 2 cents.
The hardest part is to get some  good proof, if there is somebody who uses wallhack or texturehack, it's very hard to bust him.

The problem is when its used in competitive play, where you cant say a team is cheating without having a mountain of "lol mad cuz bad bro?" thrown in your face.
Wallhacking is simple. You dont even need to edit any files for the easiest version,you can look through a wall on certain locations on maps easy peasy. 
Auto blocking not that big an issue, I think they get caught easily enough. Dont think I`ve ever seen an autoblocker in a match before. Seen them on public servers obviously but they get dealt with.
As for aimbotting I dont know, the aim assist mentioned earlier sounded very handy as archery doesnt really rely on super fast reflexes, but relies more on bullet drop and general snipe-ability because of open maps.

Now! As for a way of catching it. The best way I see is each player recording their play for every match. Obviously this isnt gonna happen in warband though so dunno why I brought it up. Screenshots at the end for each player works I guess but people could just look at the sky so wallhacks wouldnt be visible. Also "oops damn I forgot to take a screenshot of these 4 vital rounds,silly me!" Obviously people are going to cheat in anything relatively competitive, but I wish it wasnt so easy... We had an idea on how to find cheaters but it might not be entirely legal. Or morally acceptable...

And thats is just discussing the traditional cheating. With some basic coding knowledge you can give yourself the leg up in the form of (also mentioned) the radar,visable health bars for enemies, ect ect. Luckily I have some,although fading hope for this game, and prefer to think most players are legit.  Hopefully Bannerlord will fix some of these issues and take anti cheating serious. Werent we promised an anti cheat back in beta?

Maybe I'm completely blind, but I don't think hacking is a problem in competitive play. It doesn't make sense for a hacker to play on a competitive team. If you hack and win, you still suck, and you'd always know that. If a whole team was hacking, they are probably bad enough that you'd be hard pressed to call them competitive. I really just don't see this happening.

I know occasionally you spot an individual on a smurf doing some things, but I doubt they would use it in a match. How bad would you look if you hacked and lost and everyone knew it?

TheGnome said:
Crille said:

In other games that do the blacklisting, innocents are always blamed in it as well.  All it takes is a good nerd rage and a couple good players whipping you for someone to cry 'hacker' and then you run off good players.  Actual proof is always the best method, then nobody but the guilty are punished.

Obviously proof is needed none questions that. But the method is obviously also flawed in several ways for WB MP:

1. Picture or filming a character only proves that a certain name did it, since normal players can't see IPs and the majority aren't admins or hosters. So if someone uses a name like ''Noob'' there can be a multitude who uses the same name - Thus innocent players suffering for another's crime.
But of course if it is a specfic name like NoobPwns123Haxxor there is less chance anyone else use it.
2. Someone can impersonate or pretend to be someone else who uses a specfic name - Thus blacklisting a player from the serious servers.
I also assume by these two scenarios that neither admin or the hoster acquire the evidence.

Conclusion: Only by these two I can arrive at the conclusion that blacklisting is not going to work in symbiosis with the attainable evidence that the majority of players might get. (thats a mouthful lol)

So I take back Blacklisting being a alternative for server hosters.

MB2: We can just wait and hope MB2 fix it. But I think it will come at the cost of our freedom in choice in the MP character creation, making it more similar to other games' MP options. And that would be truely truely sad in my opinion  :neutral:

Preventing duplicate names and requiring unique names, the way the Battlefield series does, would stop any impersonation.  It would be the only real way that MB2 could do any sort of stat tracking if they go that route as well.

Would I be correct in assuming that this is a more prevalent problem in EU than NA?

Fortunately or unfortunately, the NA community's size means that everyone knows each other (skills, smurfs, etc.). If someone were to randomly show up and stomp ****, we'd notice.  Since all of our native playerbase is centralized on a relatively small number of servers, it's easy to administer justice if needed. I've seen maybe 3 autoblockers since I started playing, and they were laughably obvious.

I'm also not worried about our clans using it in competitive play. I feel that we've done pretty well on the honor system...We don't even lock specs during our matches. If I found one of our members using hacks during competition (or at all, really) I would make sure that they never played in a match with us again, if we didn't kick them outright.  I'm sure the other clan leaders feel the same.

So, to my original question, how big a problem is this in EU? Is it a few hackers a month, or more like a few a day?

Back
Top Bottom