Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Only One

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Arch

Master Knight
(Yes, I ripped the title based on my Astorionar Adventure Guide title, I couldn't think of anything else)

Well, while I was in-game, several people said there should be a guide for this game. And although there is a Mining and Trading Guide and a FAQ, I decided to make a guide of my own. Now, let's start with the basics:

Table of Contents
Post One:
[list type=decimal]
[*]Factions, What are they?
[*]Maps
[*]Servers
[*]Events
[/list]
Post Two:
[list type=decimal]
[*]Troops
[*]Trading/Mining
[*]RP
[*]Chat Systems
[*]Taxing
[/list]
Post Three:
[list type=decimal]
[*]Sillies
[*]FAQ
[*]Credits
[*]Seals
[/list]
Post Four Reserved

Factions, What are they?

Currently, there are Five Factions in-game, Red, Blue, Green, Gold, and White. In Laszlo's Map (See "Maps" for more info), there is a castle for each respective faction (except for gold, they have a camp-like base a bit away from white castle). However, this may change for custom maps.

To join a faction, simply chose the armor via equipment screen,(see "FAQ" and "Troops" for more info) and you now have access to the faction chat. (See "Chat Systems" for more)Faction chat is used to talk to your fellow faction members, coordinate each other etc. At the moment, the faction and local chat are bugged, so you may have to re-type your message a few times before it gets through. Don't let that discourage you to stop trying to use it though.

When you join a faction, please behave in a way that represents your whole faction. (A.K.A. Don't be a jerk) If your faction isn't at war, please don't go around killing other colored people. When your faction charges X tax, only collect that tax, no more, no less. (see "Taxing" for more) Of course, if you join a faction an don't like how they run things, you can be evil and become a rebel and take over or something. (see "RP" section for more)

Maps

The original map is Laszlo's map. Third Party maps may be hosted on X servers sometimes. Please report bugs/suggestions/misc. on respective threads/forums.

Laszlo's Map

Thread: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,125187.0.html
Features:
[list type=decimal]
[*]Four Castles (White Castle is currently off limits).
[*]A Melee Combat Arena.
[*]A Jousting Arena.
[*]1 Mine
[*]One Safe Spawn
[*]A Central Village, with an Armory, Bank, Stables and Tavern.
[*]A Nordic Village, with Axes and Shields
[*]A Large Tower with the Legendary Sword.(A.K.A. Excalibur)
[*]A Small Vineyard Village, with a Stables and a wall with the Dragon Shield.
[/list]
Server(s) Using This Map: PWMOD_Australia

Nobody's Maps
Thread: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,126737.0.html

Map One
Author's Notes: Work halted, anyone can download and edit it at will as long as they give credits
Download: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2170
Features:
[list type=decimal]
[*]3 Castles - all easy to defend, but some are easier than others - but they have less access to better equipment and gold than the harder ones to defend.
[*]2 Ruined Villages for use of bandits.
[*]1 Bandit camp
[*]A makeshift tavern.
[*]2 Mines - One large and one small.
[*]1 Easter egg
[*]The castles are actually towns - so there will be street battles.
[*]All the special items can be found on the map.
[/list]
Server(s) Using This Map: N/A

Map Two
Author's Notes: WIP
Download: N/A
Features:
[list type=decimal]
[*]Red & Blue castles connected to the palace.
[*]Gold owned Palace
[*]White siege camp outside the city.
[*]Fields & mountains along with a mine and a bandit camp.
[*]2 - 4 bandit hideouts in the city.
[/list]
Server(s) Using This Map: N/A

CalenLokis' Map
Thread: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,128367.0.html
Name: Valley of Swamps
Author's Note: I decided that map is too big to be detailed by one person without dying of boredom, so I ask community for help. Only reward is having your own place in game, and also possibility to place your banner there.
Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F7G0SS5T (More instructions in thread)
Features: N/A, but I know there will be a lot of detail on this map.

Tractor's Map
Main Thread: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,127547.0.html
Berrie's Version: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,128880.0.html
Download: http://www.filefront.com/17173109/Tractor---V3-Fixed.rar/
Features:
1. 4 Castles, polished and redone/added.
2. 2 Villages, polished and redone/added.
3. 1 Dungeon, bigger and "beautiful".
4. 1 Town Watch Headquarters.
5. 1 Outlaw Camp.
6. 1 Place where you can buy flags.
7. 3 Farms, polished and redone/added.
8. 2 Mines, polished and redone/added.
9. 4 Siege Camps.
10. 1 Spawn Camp, polished and redone.
Server(s) Using This Map: US_Berries_Server (Or something like that)

Plazek's Map
Author's Note: This is not an arena style map like Lazlow's and others. It is not made to be balanced. Whichever faction controls's the King's castle should be able to dominate with the availability of iron for quick cash. If you d not like the inevitable tyranny then perhaps you should do something about it! However factions should also be able to form in other places, money will simply be harder to come by.
Thread: http://22ndbattalion.xippy.org/index.php?page=13&CatID=39260&PostID=213895
Download: N/A
Features:
1) The Kings castle upon the mountain (only place to cash in iron).
2) The large mine below the castle.
3) A large town with walls, tavern, town watch, arena, markets(sell goods here), shops and a thieves base.
4) A tavern on the road to the castle.
5) Two other hidden bandit camps.
6) An old style but lower quality mine by the sea.
7) A fort by the sea.
8 ) A somewhat fortified village island (most trade goods bought here).
9) Forest (you might wanna hunt some beasts for their skins).

Map Brainstorming/Suggestion Threads:
If YOU made your own map...
Alternate Map Possibilities

Servers

Every Server has it's own Rules, Settings, RP Laws (See "RP" for more), and maybe even maps. It's important to know what server your on and what rules apply for each one. Check here for a slightly outdated server list, I'll try to make my own soon: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,126782.0.html

Events

EVENTS TODAY:
None.

Events are well, events. Some servers hold them for rp, jousting, tournaments etc. Here is a list of current public events:

RRC Tournament
Next Tournament: N/A
Time: 6pm until 8/9pm BST / GMT +1
Thread: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,129183.0.html
Types: Jousting, Archery, and Last Man Standing

Troops

First off, each troop has it's own specialties (duh) and I'll try to list all the known attributes, skills, etc. for every class.

CLASS1-Hand2-HandPolearmBowCrossbowThrowingAthleticsRidingShieldPowerstrikePowerdrawIronflesh
Archer906060150180621151
Crossbowman906060116080521101
Infantry1001001101180524405
Man-at-Arms (Dismounted)11011011180524405
Man-at-Arms (Mounted)1001001101180153304
Civilian101010101010N/AN/AN/AN/A0N/A
SerfN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/A
Brigand1006060150180N/AN/AN/AN/A3N/A
Town WatchN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/A
Additional notes:
1. Archers have powerdraw 5 and can use every bow. Brigands have powerdraw 3 and can use Short Bows, Nomad Bows, Longbows only.
2. Only Men-at-Arms can access the heavier armours and helmets.
3. Every Class can use a Short Bow.
4. Only Serfs can Mine and Only Civlians can Trade. (See "Trade/Mining" for more)
5. Each class is meant for RP purposes, but feel free to start a colored bandit faction if you want. (See "RP" for more)

Trade/Mining

Ah Trading. A system I helped make by accident. :grin: Anyways, back to the guide. For this section specifically, you can also go here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,128015.0.html

First off, to Trade goods, you must go to the civilian class. When you chose them, click on the weapon menu and get a Trader's Day Guide (Very Important, needed to both get goods and sell them). Then click done and spawn.

Once spawned, go to one of the castles, and get trade goods from there. The selling/spawning areas are as followed: (Thank you FrankMuddy for your guide, I rarely trade so I wouldn't know, also note this is for Laszlo's Map),

The Red Castle makes Velvet and buys Ale and Leather (after you enter through the gatehouse, go right to get velvet, and go left to sell Ale or Leather)

The Blue Castle spawns Leather and buys Velvet and Ale (after you enter through the doors go left to get leather, and go to the armory to sell Ale or Leather)

The Green Castle spawns Ale and buys Velvet and Leather (after you enter through the gatehouse, go up to get the ale, to sell, go to the lower corridors and sell things there)

Trading automatically generate coins, so people aren't usually tax demanding on Traders. Remember, when selling, drop all the items you have (except the Day Trader's Book and one good) and then sell. Otherwise, all your goods will be sold at once, and instead of getting 30K for three trade goods, you'll get 10K for three trade goods.

Mining is a little bit different.

First, spawn as a serf (make sure you have 500 Denar left or you make five hundred denar with the wood available in the safe spawn). Then head off the the mines, which is by the melee arena.

Go into the mines and buy a pick-axe (or wait for someone to drop theirs). Once you get one, go to one of the Iron Bars and press "f" then quickly press "t" so you won't have to hold f down while you mine.

Now you have two choices, one, mine four bars, drop your pick, and make 40K, or two, keep your pick, mine three, and leave. Either way, now go to one of the three castles, and sell your Iron. Remember to drop all but one Iron or else you'll only make 10K. Also, please pay your taxes, it's incredibly annoying when someone doesn't, plus ruins rp, people's moods etc.

RP

This mod, as you can probably tell, is intended and made for RP. Now, i won't go about saying you must RP, I'm just saying, when RPing follow the server's rules for roleplay. Example:

Some servers may support light rp, and not really mind about colored killing serfs and stuff like that. Other servers may allow that, but only if you RP it in somehow.

Remember, if you have any complaints about a server, and I can't say this enough, report it on it's thread or forums respectively, don't spam the boards with topics saying, "Randomtitle is a lame server! Needs more admins pl0x!"

When someone doesn't roleplay, you can't force them to (although, I have been guilty of snapping at some of them myself) roleplay. Just accept that they won't and try to avoid them or ignore them etc.

Chat Systems

There are three usable chat systems in this mod.

Global Chat - Used to communicate with Admins, Find people etc. (Please note that some server's usages for this vary)
Local Chat - To talk to people around you.
Faction Chat - To talk to people in the same faction as you.

Use these as you like, and note that local and faction chats are currently buggy.

Taxing

Also known as, "Giving Money to other People". Long other title so I decided not to use that. Anyways, taxing is basically when a faction controlling a castle decides that any serf that comes, must pay a certain amount of tax before they can leave. Tax conditions change from time to time, just make sure if you have a guy right behind you with a sword saying "TAX!" You pay.

Many people just suicide to avoid taxes, please don't do that. Serfs make what, 30-40K per run. What's even 5K gone from that?

Now for Traders, taxes work differently, when they trade, the tax is already generated. Just have one of your members positioned there from time to time to collect the tax. Please don't tax traders any thing higher than 2K. They already generate tax and yeah.

Giving money to someone is simple. All you have to do is buy a coin, then give it to someone else, they then go to the cash receiving book and convert it to denar.

Sillies
NOTICE:Some of these pictures (Which will come next update) will show beasts not suited for younger audiences. Viewer discretion is strongly advised.

As you know, many new breeds have been discovered in the land of Persistent Worlds. Among these are various breeds of horses. These so called, "special horses" each have their own specialties, weaknesses, and of course, enemies. To tame a creature like them is an incredible feat in itself. I shall attempt to show you the breeds as close up as I can, as well as their riders.

Horses

Barrel Horse
The Barrel Horse was the first exotic horse breed discovered in the Persistent World. One may call it a beast from hell, and yes it shows many traits that would suggest it as being from hell. When it was first discovered a dead barrel monster was found nearby with an arrow in it. It charged the men that arrived on the scene and was described as being full of uncontrollable rage.

Due to this, Barrel Horses are to be slain on sight. However, some men and women capture them and slowly tame the horses, they have developed the ability to train and breed these horses. Due to this unique ability, these men and  women have been named Barrel Monsters. When Barrel Horses and Barrel Monsters are separated they pose little threat to would-be hunters. However, when they are unified, as in, the Barrel Monster is mounted atop the Barrel Horse, they are an unstoppable force. When a Barrel Horse and Barrel Monster are connected the only weapon that can kill them is an arrow made from the same wood as the wood that barrels are made from, which coincidentally enough is EVERY arrow.

Barrel Monsters and their Horses and generally peaceful beings when united, the Barrel Monster does not being seen as he knows that everyone will attempt to kill him on sight. Due to this Barrel Monsters and Horses and adepts in hiding in plain sight. If you walk into a tavern, you may walk right by a Barrel Monster and his Horse without even noticing them! Barrel Monsters and Horses prefer to hide in forests and can hide underwater if necessary for long periods of time due to their barrels acting as air storage devices. They also use water and forests to lay traps for their prey, so be careful when venturing near lakes and forests because at any moment a Barrel Monster may chase you as his next meal.

Likes: Long Walks, Barrels, Things that can be put in Barrels, Water, Forests, and Barrel Monsters (See "Riders" for more info)
Dislikes: Open Areas, Arrow Horses, Arrow Riders, Arrows, Sharp Objects, Fire, and Barrel Hunters.
Can Breed With: Barrel Horses

EXTRA! EXTRA! CONFIRMED SIGHTING OF THE BARREL HORSE AND BARREL MONSTER!
mb1tg.jpg

Arrow Horses
The Arrow Horse is a fairly new and extremely rare breed, even after horse breeding programs have begun. Arrow Horses are lovers of open spaces as they allow the Arrow Horse to travel freely and quickly. However, they are very common to find in forests as well due to their nature and are thus a blessing for hunters that catch sight of them. Arrow Horses are revered beasts and looked upon as the symbol of the hunt, especially the hunt of the barrel monster.

Arrow Horses will eat anything made of wood; including barrels. This is why the Barrel Horse and it have been enemies since the beginning of time. Arrow Horses tend to be solitary, but are gentle creatures. Anyone can be a rider of an Arrow Horse, even a Barrel Monster (although Barrel Monsters prefer to stay away from Arrow Horses as they like to eat their Barrels).

Well you may be wondering at this point, "Hell! This sounds like any other horse, what is so special about it?!" Well let me tell you. Whenever an Arrow Horse is shot with an arrow, it is imbued with extreme power. It becomes quicker, stronger, and more fearsome towards all of it enemies and will chase you down and trample you to death. So a warning, do not shoot Arrow Horses with ANY projectile unless you are its rider, the result could be quite hazardous to your health.

Arrow horses can take a lot of projectiles easily, especially barrels. Arrow Horses can take some time to find, and come in three stages, Newborn, Child, and Adult, each stage with a defining feature. The most notable feature is that all arrows will be centered around its arse, as that is where the Arrows of the Hunt grow on it. If you see an arrow anywhere else on the beast it has been shot by an arrow there.

Likes:Getting hit with a projectiles (emo much?), running in open plains, eating wood
Dislikes: Barrel Horses and people that shoot it that aren't its rider.
Can Breed with: Any Horse, although, a successful breed with a Arrow and Barrel Horse has yet to be accomplished...

Riders

Barrel Monster
People who become Barrel Monsters are humans that are born with the power to control the Barrel Horses. They are to be approached with extreme caution, do not fight it with any form of axe, spear, sword, or anything else you can think of because it will not harm the Barrel Monster and it will be extremely pissed off at you. The only way to successfully kill a Barrel Monster is to shoot it with an arrow. However, take note, if you do fight a Barrel Monster with a sword, axe, and/or spear and you seemingly "kill it" be cautious because it is simply playing dead. As soon as you approach it, it will rise up and devour you. The motives of Barrel Monsters are normally unknown, so be careful when dealing with one.

Arrow
"Arrows" are noble folk, who after the epidemic of Barrel Monsters and Barrel Horses, decided to stand against them and fight. They learned of the legendary "Arrow Horses" and partnered with them. Once they had won the Battle of Arrows, they were regarded as heroes by all. Extended periods of time while riding on an Arrow Horse also change the rider, they begin to "sprout" arrows out of their body. They are generally kind people, but stay clear of them when they are angry unless you want to feel the force of one of the Arrows of the Hunt.

Other Threads About these Creatures:
Public Warning: Beware of the Barrel Monster
The First Recorded Documents Displaying the Arrow Horse

Archive of Confirmed Incidents Between Mortals and Barrel Horses (lots of pictures, be warned)
mb2g.jpg

mb4l.jpg

mb5q.jpg

mb7y.jpg

mb9t.jpg

mb10g.jpg

mb15.jpg

mb16.jpg

mb18.jpg

mb20v.jpg

mb21.jpg

mb22u.jpg

mb24.jpg

mb25.jpg

mb26v.jpg

mb27.jpg

mb28e.jpg

mb29y.jpg

mb30.jpg

mb31.jpg

mb32.jpg

mb33f.jpg

mb35.jpg

mb37.jpg

mb38q.jpg

mb39.jpg

mb40.jpg

mb41.jpg

mb42.jpg

mb43.jpg

mb44.jpg

mb45.jpg

mb48.jpg

mb49.jpg

mb51.jpg

mb52.jpg

mb53.jpg

mb54.jpg

mb55.jpg

mb56.jpg

mb57.jpg

mb58.jpg

mb59.jpg

mb60.jpg

Player Created Factions

Looters - Started by Czar9797

Looters are serfs that have turned to a life a crime. In favor of opposing the oppressive nobles rather than conforming to their laws they have taken up arms and now seek to rob Persistent Worlds of its riches. They will rob and kill anyone they see, often failing due to their lack of military training and armor.

You can recognize a looter by a serf wearing a GREEN beanie cap, a tunic and vest, and no boots. Looters are poor when they start off their career of banditry and thus are usually limited to a 1,000 denari budget until they have claimed more riches. Due to this looters can only afford weapons that cost under 1,000 denari and the only permitted weapons for them to carry are war spears, light crossbows, watchmen's clubs, and mining picks.

The goal of the looter is to pick up anything of value from the ground, whether it be just sitting there, dead already, or someone else's loot. Doesn't matter, the second you see it, it belongs to you and you will fight for that object. Looters are much like common outlaws, however they look vaguely innocent and naive at first glance. They will rob merchants, fellow serfs who are carrying iron, and even armored knights for their weapons.

Looters are to be regarded as potentiality dangerous, but most likely nothing to worry about. Do not let your guard down when you see a lone looter though, they ALWAYS hunt in packs...

Currently the most well renowned deeds committed by looters are the capture and holding of Blue Kingdom Castle (Original Map) and Green Kingdom Castle (Original Map). Along with this it has been estimated that as of August 12, 2010 looters have collectively looted nearly seven-hundred thousand (700,000) denari worth of equipment.

Onto in-the-action journalist reports done by your very own Medieval News Network, MNN.

mb85.jpg

mb87.jpg

The looters are armed and dangerous.
mb88.jpg

Looters take a fully armored knight hostage
mb90.jpg

Contributors:
Marshal, for starting the trend with the "Barrel Monster"
RRC_ElitSct_Alastair/artifex, for the "Barrel Horse"
5thEng_KntCmdr_ShadowZane/Sarashi, for the "Arrow Horse"
Sir Faldor, confirmed sighting of the Barrel Monster and Barrel Horse on the RCC PWMODv3 server.
RCC_VetSct_Czar9797, for the looter faction.

FAQ

I'm too lazy to write out my own FAQ at the moment, but HTAPAWASO made a pretty good one so far which I will add to latter and post up here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,125176.0.html

Credits
FrankMuddy for his Trading and Mining Guide Thread
HTAPAWASO for his FAQ Thread
Laszlo for his original troop tree that I used as a base for mine. (Oh and for the mod of course :wink: )
RRC_ElitSct_Alastair/artifex, for all his contributions
All Contributors in the "Sillies" section

Seals
From Akita:
Nice Guide Archevious  :grin:
Perfect for newbies :razz:
imagesca2lsese.jpg

Archevious said:
Thank you. :grin: I made the Astroniar guide very poorly though. :lol:

EDIT: Hey! You never called me Fake Arch this time! :eek:

Grrr.... I won't forget again.
I helped you a bit with that guide.... It was probably my fault. I was so young.....

Back
Top Bottom