If YOU made you own map...

Users who are viewing this thread

Lord_Tecor

Sergeant
...what features would you add.
This thread is an "ideas" thread where I want to encourage everyone to add suggestions about what they beleive would be great features for a PW map.

Il give start us off:

I think It would be cool to have a large castle with two gatehouses. One gatehouse is used as an entry point for the main castle, the other (which can only be controled from the main castle) is the entry point to the trading area. Adding a gatehouse would mean the faction controling the castle controls the trade even more tight.

What ideas do you all have?

I would like many secretive features and items hidden in the map and many diverse neutral/peasent/bandit buildings to explore and look around. Lots of adventure would make this mod more interesting.

If I made a map i would like to make many "enterable" buildings, if thats somehow possible. Also I would include a large underground complex with 2 forts underground, so you can do something like a underground "war".

Sarashi said:
If I made a map i would like to make many "enterable" buildings, if thats somehow possible. Also I would include a large underground complex with 2 forts underground, so you can do something like a underground "war".

Check out my tavern in the main city of my map when it comes back up in a day or two (hopefully) I made it entirely out of props.

In my next map I am going to be making a lot more stuff in that way.

Plazek said:
Sarashi said:

Check out my tavern in the main city of my map when it comes back up in a day or two (hopefully) I made it entirely out of props.

In my next map I am going to be making a lot more stuff in that way.

Won't this cause a large amount of lag? Same problem as having maps with lots of trees.

I'd make some huge bridge that's like the cente rof the map, so it has a high strategical value. You have to cross it to get to the other 2 castles. Sort of like th eone in San Fransisco but smaller.

Also, like a map of Calradia map, but the cities are like houses or something.

I painted my own dream map:

It's probably too big though and I suggest downloading it if you want to see the finer details :razz:

mbmapprototype.png

was thinking of putting a swamp somewhere but I don't know if swamp terrain exists cause I haven't seen any.

You would be able to enter almost every house, there would be a sewer system under the main city that thugs could use to get around and a district of the city that is dedicated to shady business. Two or more noble houses for the roleplayers. The town watch HQ would use the structure that the white castle is using on the original map (where the weapons and main gate are) and it would have several jail cells including public prisons(the ones that you jump through the top and can't get out of) hanging on the sides of TW HQ facing the street so the public can throw food and harsh words at them.(they should be above the ground but low enough so you can put a horse beneath it so the prisoner can get out)

I would like a new class implemented, Priest; priests could go on pilgrim journeys to retrieve holy artifacts in sacred locations(these should be tricky and dangerous to get to, could contain traps or mazes) all around the world(map) and take them back to the church for money or maybe some sort of resource unique to priests like holy points or worship points, it would be much like serfs and civ's work only more fun and adventurous maybe you would have to bring templars along to ward off brigands. They should also be able to do some stuff in the church to gain either money or a priest unique resource by praying at the altar/reading books, and maybe make it so only churches have rest beds and that travellers would have to pay to use them and like that the church would gain income much like trading at castles works.
I also thought of a trade goods they could make, bandages, introduce wool as a trade goods that would maybe be made at farms and a priest class could exchange the wool in the church and receive a bandage(kinda like the banking system works?) and the bandage would take up a weapon slot so you would have to switch to it to use it and it would be used to heal yourself in the field for a certain amount of HP.
Not really thought this through and it doesn't sound doable but perhaps at the start the only church is the one in the main city and priests have to spend holy points or money in the other churches around the world to open them and in doing so convert the village/castle to the one true religion and open the church for business, and of course if the castle is occupied by heretics they could prevent the opening of the church by killing the weak little priests that come to convert them, although by doing this would leave them without proper healthcare and to further encourage the opening of churches each church could be unique in some way or perhaps there could be some sort of trading between the churches of the world.
In the later armour tiers of the priest class they would gain access to some heavier armour and become warrior-priests if they wish, wielding a heavy mace in one hand and the holy book in the other smiting heathens and heretics wherever they go.
And by making things even more interesting introduce 2 churches/factions (cath-vs-prot or prot-vs-paganism)that would be different from each other with their own abilities, armours and trade goods and they would battle for religious supremacy over the world.

Would love that map, but I dissapprove about the priest class. Not only would it be too complicated, but I don't think religion should be added to PW.

Nodscouter said:
Would love that map, but I dissapprove about the priest class. Not only would it be too complicated, but I don't think religion should be added to PW.

+1

agreed. Religion should be kept out of it.

Some nice ideas here... But suggestions about game-play I suggest to move to other thread :razz:

About swamps - they are possible - mix of turf and forest ground texture, lot of small lakes, bushes and trees. Will be included in Valley of Swamps (duh). Idea isn't mine - I saw it in one of map pack some time ago.

About your big plan:
-towns and castles are too "square" - I hope it's because of paint limitation, not planed.
-Check out my map - there are already quite large town with severs ect, swamps, underground mines, mountains (without holly places yet, but if you really want...), ruins, plans for partially-tree-top camp. Main difference from your idea is that there is only one castle and not as many terrain types (no desert, no steppes, no snow (except mountain tops)).
And it's a bit unfriendly for cavalry... :twisted:
link

my map would contain more spawn points for starters (if thats even possible)
i would also try to make more traps like a sneaky hole in the road large enough for a horseman to fall through
that person would be "ambushed" by bandits

That are just the 2 things every map should have :grin:
more spawn points
clever made traps

Lord_Tecor said:
Nodscouter said:

+1

Why should religion be kept out of it? It was an, if not the most important aspect of the middle ages. Many, many wars were started over religion.

bloodreaver said:
Lord_Tecor said:
Nodscouter said:

+1

Why should religion be kept out of it? It was an, if not the most important aspect of the middle ages. Many, many wars were started over religion.

yes thats true. but it would probably start all kinds of debates on the forums and other Bs. people  already Rp priests and  monks as civilian. maybe add some more cloths to civilian class? 

Back
Top Bottom