GUI Improvements

Users who are viewing this thread

Syrdar

Sergeant
I have been purchased the game a couple of days ago and I have the following suggestions:

Character creation:
1) Add a "-" button on the side of the "+" button on each attibute/ability to rollback if you made an error when you create/raise a level.
2) highlight the attibute name when you put the mouse over "+" button (for people like me, with vision problems, sometimes is very difficult to see if you are adding a point in surgery or first aid).
3) Autosave the character once you start the game (sometimes you spend a lot of time making the character and then the game crashes and you lose all)

City
1) When you press "TAB" a "link" to the "Guild master" shall appear. Spending time looking for this guy is not funny. (optional: allways put him in front/near the tavern)
2) When you leave a town and are in the world map if you press TAB again reenter in the town.
3) Cancel button in market
4) Cancel button in Ramson Broker.
5) Book / Ramsom sellers different colors (wearing different clothes).

Siege
1) Weather in siege. Since arrows does less damage in rain will be interesting to see if it's raining.
2) Party food consumption. When "sieging" it's important to know how much food you gonna need.
3) I think there is a bug in the siege of towns. I'm only allowed to fight with 5 warriors. I searched for a thread with this subject and I did'nt found it. Someone has this issue?

Arena
1) Will be very interesting to see which weapon you will use in the fight ...

Combat
1) I dont know if it is a error. But sometimes when you fight a battle and you "dismount" (kill/set unconcious a rider) and you see the horse. But when the battle ends you can not get/capture the horse.

General
1) Select game to load. When you hover you mouse over the save games they are highligted in green, when select one and you go to load it's not highlighted anymore (keep the green letters).
2) Location/character sort alphabetically or by faction
3) When you are in the "World Map" enter in the "Party Party" menu and talk with a "Companion" after ending the conversation goes to "Wold Map", I think this thing must go back to "Party".
4) When you enter in a flief an option to buy herd shall appear.
5) Display the "technological tree" of every faction.
6) Items slots in companions (books at least)
7) Rescued Girl: when levels up  you can not finish the quest unless you assign the points?. And, allways is the same poor girl ... she looks like Athena in saint seya  :grin:
8 ) Caravans sells things
9) Random events: sellers, running farmers (can go to your flief), smiths/crafters to be hired and sent to your flief.
10) Craft in towns see 9. Once you send the smith/crafter to your flief you can tell them what kind of things do you want.
11) Quest to improve flief: tools, weapons to arm farmers (herds and seed are tiring).

Hello and welcome to the forums Syrdar,

Syrdar said:
1) Add a "-" button on the side of the "+" button on each attibute/ability to rollback if you made an error when you create/raise a level.
2) highlight the attibute name when you put the mouse over "+" button (for people like me, with vision problems, sometimes is very difficult to see if you are adding a point in surgery or first aid).
3) Autosave the character once you start the game (sometimes you spend a lot of time making the character and then the game crashes and you lose all)

I agree with all three of these, especially highlighting skills when your curser is over them, I have 20/20 vision and still find it difficult to quickly ascertain which "+" is for which skill.

Actually I prefer it being random, the problem with letting the player choose is that you would just pick your favorite weapon, in which case the arena is not so challenging and would get pretty repetative. I think that part of the fun in betting is knowing I might get given a bow on foot when I have low points in archery.

1) I dont know if it is a error. But sometimes when you fight a battle and you "dismount" (kill/set unconcious a rider) and you see the horse. But when the battle ends you can not get/capture the horse.

This is not a bug, you may have noticed that if you have a battle with 20 enemies, at the end of battle you only get a small propotion of the weapons, armour and horses that they had. Otherwise every battle you would get a ridiculously large amount of loot, and obtaining denars (currency) would be very easy as you sell all the loot.
The way I think of it is that what does not turn up as loot was too badly damaged to be salvaged at the end of the battle, this works for horses too, just think that the horse could have been badly injured and was no longer any good to ride.

stratusfear said:
Hello and welcome to the forums Syrdar,

Thank you StratusFear, and thank you for your answers.

[quote author=stratusfear]
Actually I prefer it being random, the problem with letting the player choose is that you would just pick your favorite weapon, in which case the arena is not so challenging and would get pretty repetative. I think that part of the fun in betting is knowing I might get given a bow on foot when I have low points in archery.
[/quote]

I guess I agree with you, but (since I stink using bows) sometimes is very frustrating to enter into 5 fights and always get a bow. Perhaps the idea is to improve the random method to make it more random (let's say that you will not get the same weapon more than 3 times).

[quote author=stratusfear]
This is not a bug, you may have noticed that if you have a battle with 20 enemies, at the end of battle you only get a small propotion of the weapons, armour and horses that they had. Otherwise every battle you would get a ridiculously large amount of loot, and obtaining denars (currency) would be very easy as you sell all the loot.
The way I think of it is that what does not turn up as loot was too badly damaged to be salvaged at the end of the battle, this works for horses too, just think that the horse could have been badly injured and was no longer any good to ride.
[/quote]

Yes, I agree with that but (as a test) I fought 3 battles and I "dismounted" at least 5 riders (using a blunt weapon in order to not kill the horse) and I never received a single horse.

Syrdar said:
I guess I agree with you, but (since I stink using bows) sometimes is very frustrating to enter into 5 fights and always get a bow. Perhaps the idea is to improve the random method to make it more random (let's say that you will not get the same weapon more than 3 times).

You have been very unlucky to get a bow 5 times in a row, I don't think I've ever got it 3 times in a row. I think this is simple misfortune and if you play a few more arena matches I think you'll find it was a one off.

Yes, I agree with that but (as a test) I fought 3 battles and I "dismounted" at least 5 riders (using a blunt weapon in order to not kill the horse) and I never received a single horse.

Yeah the loot system doesn't work like that I'm afraid, it doesn't actually make any difference wether you kill all enemy horses they're all in perfect health at the end of battle, the loot system is based on the party size and party type that you defeated, and what loot you recieve is completely randomised.
Perhaps a better system for the looting of horses could be implemented, I don't know enough about coding to say either way.

I feel that the gameplay experience of looting currently works very well, you don't recieve enough good loot from parties to get good items/horses strait away, however from a realistic point of view I agree with you, it doesn't make much sence that if there are 8 perfectly unharmed horses at the end of a battle you don't get a single one.

I agree with stratusfear regarding weapons in the arena; if people had a choice, they would always choose their favourite weapon. It would be nice however, if I could pick up other weapons from the floor during the fight if I get the chance, because as Syrdar said, if I get given a bow, I'm up ****-creek without a sword  :grin:.

Mordril said:
It would be nice however, if I could pick up other weapons from the floor during the fight if I get the chance
You can already do this. Not all dropped weapons can be picked up (possibly to factor in weapons being broken) but it is indeed possible.

Was it recently introduced? I remember I always used to try and was never able to. Maybe I was just incapable  :mrgreen:. Thanks for letting me know anyway!

Darian said:
Mordril said:
It would be nice however, if I could pick up other weapons from the floor during the fight if I get the chance
You can already do this. Not all dropped weapons can be picked up (possibly to factor in weapons being broken) but it is indeed possible.

Hi Darian, I tried in the arena but I could'n pick up a weapon (in a common battle you can pick a weapon I'm sure). I will fight more battles to be 100% sure.

Syrdar said:
General

6) Items slots in companions (books at least)
I think this is one of the most important thing they have to introduce in the game. Every companion should have an inventory, like the main character.

Well I like the tone of your post.. Most of your suggestions are not matters of taste or opinion but just sound logic. I agree completely on 98% of your suggestions, they are mostly no-brainers that really do need to be addressed.

As for horses for loot.. Just figure that horses are one of the rarer types of loot because they run away  :wink:

As for arena weapons.. I like the randomized weapons. You can pick up weapons in the arena but many can't be picked up and I don't think it is by design, same thing with sieges and on the battlefield. I think it is on account of the weapons origin point being beneath the ground surface or some other geometry and as such it is a bit of a bug/clipping issue. I would not mind seeing this issue fixed. In sieges when I kill 4 bow using enemies but I can't get a single arrow off their corpse it is a little frustrating.

Training Grounds
Add "Talk to trainer"option when entering. It feels stupid to load the place, talk to him, load fighting place & fight, load the training ground again for another talk.
It just takes up time. Especially with slow computers.

[I haven't visited 'em in .955 so this suggestion has % change to be useless. I need to check .955 training grounds tomorrow]

stratusfear said:

The more companions you have, the less loot you get, which doesnt make sense. Loot mysteriously vanishes, yet players still have to arm their companions. What did they do with all those nordic helms and hauberks when we finished killing the 30 sea raiders that wore them? Obviously they set them aside to sell when they're almost naked.

Back
Top Bottom