Great Bug Investigation: FIXED

Users who are viewing this thread

Fixed as of v4.0. Issue was probably caused by uploading few files as update for v3.0. Seems I'd better reupload all .txt files with codes to prevent
this register bug from happening again.

As some of you people know, a bug has slipped into Nova Aetas. This is actually the worst bug possible. Very easy to create, but terribly hard to find and solve. The following symptoms are typically for this one:

a) Messed up dialogues (town names as player name, date as troop reference) (separate bug -> fixed)
b) Colony bug: bonuses shifted up, wells increase max population instead of residents.
c) Messed up variables, text strings, registers and more
d) Point b ultimately leads to freezes and strange events

The but itself is actually pretty easy to make. It's something like:

troop_add_item, ":party"

This command adds an item for a party instead of a troop. That's not possible, it should be:

troop_add_item, ":party"

This isn't our first encounter with this bug. When the guilds/enterprises features was introduced, the bug had appeared for the first time. After one got his masterpiece, dialogues had became a mess. This was solved pretty fast because someone reported that gaining a masterpiece would mess up the dialogues. But now, it's different. I haven't literally any clue where to start to reproduce the bug. Bug reporters willingly report the consequences of any flaw in code, but rarely leave information enabling me to reproduce the bug, find the cause and solve it.

This gamebreaking bug is so important to fix that I declare a state of emergency. This bug must be fixed. I won't release v4.0 before. Unfortunately I ain't able to do it myself. Therefore I ask you to help me. We both, you and me, can solve it.

The plan is to have a group of people testing Nova Aetas v3.0.2. They need to write down their experience and which Nova Aetas features they encounter. For example:

- Went to Zendar, bought some ships and traveled to New World.
- Invasion of Turguhn Horde started (second menu screen).
- Restored the ancient temple of Minerva.
- Did a tournament in Yalen.

Sooner or later the bug will start appearing as you see one of the above mentioned consequences. This is the time to put you summary of events/actions here below. Is there any person willing to help?

Nova Aetas is not only a product of me, it's a product of me and all fans. All people contribute, help and share their ideas to create a fantastic mod for Warband. And I want to bring any issue out of the world.  :grin:

Illegitimate Windows copy. I had a friend say he could upgrade me to Windows 10 for free, but it's some weird copy that makes my PC run like a Laptop prototype from the 90's. It should be fixed by the end of this week if not sooner. I just need to use my backup to reboot it.

I've been playing for the past couple of days and I came across messed up dialogues and I think it first appeared after i got a trait event. I'm not sure though....I wish i have checked the forum earlier.

I will help! Being a victim of the  great freeze, I am eager to help resolve this matter any way I can.

However, Being a catholic, I gave up M&B for lent, so until easter I will only be playing about once a week.

Back
Top Bottom