SP Native Graphical Enhancement 3 - updated 13/12

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zaro said:
Lt. of the tower said:
bluepie said:
Hey Zaro, on the previous page you said the download is on the first page but its not, and you just removed the 2.5 version from the other thread, are we gonna see v3 soon?

Zaro is just ****en with you  :razz:

Why be serious when fun can be had  :razz:.

I don't think the guy looking for your mod is having "fun" listening to your jokes while he's waiting an answer  :roll:.
You took down the 2.5 link, saying Polished Landscape is better, and that you're working on version 3.

What is funny for newbies visitors is that Polished Landscape is not released yet. So, there's just nothing. No GE and no PL.

Mysterius said:
Zaro said:
Lt. of the tower said:
bluepie said:
Hey Zaro, on the previous page you said the download is on the first page but its not, and you just removed the 2.5 version from the other thread, are we gonna see v3 soon?

I don't think the guy looking for your mod is having "fun" listening to your jokes while he's waiting an answer  :roll:.
You took down the 2.5 link, saying Polished Landscape is better, and that you're working on version 3.

What is funny for newbies visitors is that Polished Landscape is not released yet. So, there's just nothing. No GE and no PL.

I think bluepie should read everything, and not just only the first page... If he had read page 34: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=52145.495 he could have find the links of the 2.5(.1) version...

There isn't anything released so just wait. Times are changing with Warband on the horizon. Be patient, maybe play another game and sit tight. Will be worth it for such nices mods.

Arnior said:
I think bluepie should read everything, and not just only the first page... If he had read page 34: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=52145.495 he could have find the links of the 2.5(.1) version...

Is that supposed to be an argument? Read page 34? xD

Mysterius said:
Zaro said:
Lt. of the tower said:
bluepie said:

I took down the link for 2.5 because the quality of that version was poor. That thread links to this one, and in this thread - which is in the unreleased mods section - contains no download link, or even a suggestion that it has been released. I'm sure you will suggest a more straight-forward reply, but I've seen this unnecessary question so many times, on so many mods, and with my personality it is too tempting to have a little fun with it.

Zaro said:
I took down the link for 2.5 because the quality of that version was poor. That thread links to this one, and in this thread - which is in the unreleased mods section - contains no download link, or even a suggestion that it has been released. I'm sure you will suggest a more straight-forward reply, but I've seen this unnecessary question so many times, on so many mods, and with my personality it is too tempting to have a little fun with it.

I see your point, even if i don't agree with it.

By the way, i played M&B with the version 2.5 of your mod and it worked like a charm :smile:.
You may be underestimating your work ^^.

I don't think Zaro is underestimating his work. What I got from things he said earily in this thread or in the 2.5 thread, he thought he could do far better which is fair enough I say (sorry if that is incorrect). People can still enjoy 2.5 if they like, but it is his right to take it down since it is his work.

Lt. of the tower said:
I don't think Zaro is underestimating his work. What I got from things he said earily in this thread or in the 2.5 thread, he thought he could do far better which is fair enough I say (sorry if that is incorrect). People can still enjoy 2.5 if they like, but it is his right to take it down since it is his work.

Pretty much. 2.5 was actually going to be 3, but I was taking so long that I just releasedwhat I had (which was all pretty rough) as 2.5. I didn't really like the colour of the terrain (too bright), there was little variation in building textures, and the overall quality of the textures was very rough.

I've been fiddling around with the hair. Ignore the texture etc, this is purely an exercise of length. I wanted to try bum-length hair (the first one), but this obviously leads to severe clipping. With a ponytail or flatter hair at the back, it looks very fake and defies gravity. The middle one will give barely any clipping (especially once it has been properly textured), but isn't as long as I would have liked. Thoughts? I'm leaning towards the shorter haired version as it would end up being the most polished.

mb252.jpg

I actually don't think the clipping on the first one is all that noticable. Hair would fall around the shoulders like that. Of course I don't know what happens if she moves her head. Otherwise, I'd go for no. 2

Njiekovic said:
I actually don't think the clipping on the first one is all that noticable. Hair would fall around the shoulders like that. Of course I don't know what happens if she moves her head. Otherwise, I'd go for no. 2

That's because I chose a pic without serious clipping. When the character moves around, the hair disappears and appears when it moves through the body mesh. If the girls were less animated, or stood straight, then it might not be much of a problem, but I don't know anything about animation.

I really like the look of the longer hair, with those gorgeous faces it seriously steps away from the classic M&B faces. If only it wouldn't have clipping issues.
I really ****en despise clipping with a vengence. I hate them so much I am going to probably post a proposal which I think may help with the clipping issue of helmets with neckguards/coifs and armour. 

Zaro said:
Njiekovic said:

That's because I chose a pic without serious clipping. When the character moves around, the hair disappears and appears when it moves through the body mesh. If the girls were less animated, or stood straight, then it might not be much of a problem, but I don't know anything about animation.

Yeah I feared so. Then it should be no. 2 if you ask me. No. 3 will probably look like she has an excessive fetish for hair gel when she moves.

Yes, defying gravity tends to look awful :wink:.

I think this length may be a good compromise. The clipping seems acceptable, only becoming an issue when she shifts her head to the side. Got to say I prefer the other hair texture, and the red dress (it seems to have been disabled in the latest Warband update).

mb255.jpg

I haven't pointed this out for a while, but I'll be modifying every scene possible. The towns and castles will just receive some polishing (more appropriate ground textures, mess/items etc). Halls, arenas and dungeons will be done similar to what I show in the first post, but with updated textures. I'd also like to polish the taverns. These will all be largely generic, with a few variations of each (otherwise there would be hundreds of scenes). I think the detail will make up for it though. I may not be able to get through all of these, so the focus will be on towns and making a few scenes each of halls, taverns, arenas and dungeons. I wouldn't mind redoing the castle scenes, but again, there's too many to not make them generic, and unlike the smaller scenes, it's probably good for castles to be unique.

Zaro said:
Yes, defying gravity tends to look awful :wink:.

I think this length may be a good compromise. The clipping seems acceptable, only becoming an issue when she shifts her head to the side. Got to say I prefer the other hair texture, and the red dress (it seems to have been disabled in the latest Warband update).

mb255.jpg

I haven't pointed this out for a while, but I'll be modifying every scene possible. The towns and castles will just receive some polishing (more appropriate ground textures, mess/items etc). Halls, arenas and dungeons will be done similar to what I show in the first post, but with updated textures. I'd also like to polish the taverns. These will all be largely generic, with a few variations of each (otherwise there would be hundreds of scenes). I think the detail will make up for it though. I may not be able to get through all of these, so the focus will be on towns and making a few scenes each of halls, taverns, arenas and dungeons. I wouldn't mind redoing the castle scenes, but again, there's too many to not make them generic, and unlike the smaller scenes, it's probably good for castles to be unique.

every scene?.... awesome!
cant wait
*Shivosky contemplates a personal merger of PL, PB and GE3...*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom