Resolved GPU stops working in large battles Beta 1.3

Users who are viewing this thread

For some reason this stopped happening for me even before the latest hotfix.

I mean, I still get fps drops to like 40 fps in huge battles, but it's kind of back to 1.2.0 levels for me. No idea why - I did not change anything, just played the same save and eventually it just stopped. Weird!

Yes i play battles with all graphics max settings 1080p and 1000 troops, film grain off, with drops to 35-40 fps too, because of my hardware ( i7 6700k and gtx 1080 16 gb ram) and the EA but it's ok for me. Next year maybe i will buy a new computer or not if the game is more optimized for now i'm happy like this.

I have set in my kaspersky antivirus in applications control, to never analyse the 3 applications : Bannerlordstarter.exe, BannerlordLauncher.exe Crashuploader.exe
Never analyse all things in the exclusions tab.

Last edited:
I downloaded today's (Apr 27) patch and while it did get better and I was able to finish the battle, the lag still happened. For a period of about 1 minute my screen completely froze (CPU/GPU usage was very low) and sound continued playing. I never experienced any significant lag before in the game. And the lag occurs even in dead lowest settings.

CPU: i7-8700k
GPU: GTX 1080ti
Motherboard: ASUS prime z370a
Storage: Game is on SSD, OS is on M.2
RAM: 32 GB

Edit: Added RAM

Last edited:
I downloaded today's (Apr 27) patch and while it did get better and I was able to finish the battle, the lag still happened. For a period of about 1 minute my screen completely froze (CPU/GPU usage was very low) and sound continued playing. I never experienced any significant lag before in the game. And the lag occurs even in dead lowest settings.

CPU: i7-8700k
GPU: GTX 1080ti
Motherboard: ASUS prime z370a
Storage: Game is on SSD, OS is on M.2
RAM: 32 GB

Edit: Added RAM

I played some more today and this seems to only happen when a large number of troops start to flee (300+). This is not a performance issue, GPU is at 2%, CPU at 15%, and RAM at 50%.

the latest beta fix on 1.3 had helped me alot with the lag at the end of battle when enemy uits start fleeing however the issue ts not permanently gone since i still experience it with big battle 200 ~300 + but less often and not as the heavy lag it used to be .

This still happens badly if you have a siege battle where you use towers and ram / and its relatively big (lasts long) lag starts getting worse and worse bit by bit, until later it may freeze whole game and make you unable to finish the battle. Doesnt seem to happen ever if you have made holes in the wall with siege equipment. Maybe because the battle is shorter?

Hi all, i have informed the devs about the problem still persisting for some players. I am sure it will be fixed for everyone as soon as possible.

Anyone still experiencing this? I started to experience this since the last beta :sad: the moment they run the moment i have to alt f4
i experienced this lag( and its like: waiting 1 min. for 2 frames) specialy when reinforcements start fleeing directly after they spawn.
if they just run away i got no problems no matter the battle sice, realy only when "spawn-fleeing".
i guess thats also the reason why lot of players dont have any problems.
because enemy will only spawn-flee if your own army is full of elite soldiers and able to kill lots of enemys in a very short time.
so casual army > no problem, only fian champion like i play > spawn fleeing enemys and lag.

Back
Top Bottom