Votes: 4 7.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

MrRoy

Sergeant Knight at Arms
What is Bing?
Bing.com

So what do you people think?

Personally, I'll stick with Google, first since it gives me RSS feeds, secondly because I've always used Google, I use gmail, etc. And finally, I'm sure Google will come back with something to compete against Bing.

I think that Google will bring out something better eventually, and when they do they'll also have the previous customers, whereas Bing is trying to grab these customers away. I don't know if that made sense because I'm quite drunk. But I'm sure google have the upper hand. Google's website is less clusttered with images etc. and will be cheaper to run aswell.

You've never heard of Bing because it's really new, it was in beta like two weeks ago.

Ruthven :

According to the Bing video, it will show you the exact video you're looking for :shock: instead of giving you thousands of result, like Google :razz:

Um.
Google doesen't spam my inbox telling me about it's existence.
Google's homepage is really really tiny and fast loading, so it's perfect for testing the browser.
Gmail > Hotmail.
I want a search engine to work fast and efficiently. MS have a habit of making slow, bloated software.
I hate Windows live.
Google doesen't have to advertise.
'Googling' for something sounds better than 'binging' for something.

Think of it like this:

"Hey man, we have to study up on that French explorer dude for finals."

"****! Did you take any notes?"

"No."

"Alright, Bing it up."

MrRoy said:
According to the Bing video, it will show you the exact video you're looking for :shock: instead of giving you thousands of result, like Google :razz:

That's only helpful if you know what the title of the video is in the first place :razz: One reason why google is so popular is because it gives you everything. More likely than not, a person will not know the exact title of the video they're looking for, or song, or article. If they did, it would probably be bookmarked already :lol:.

Another good reason why they shouldn't choose the sites for you is because sometimes we do try out those unintended sites that pop up, and sometimes, when we type in squirting, we want all the squirting videos of every conceivable manner we can handle, not just the popular ones.

Swadius said:
MrRoy said:

That's only helpful if you know what the title of the video is in the first place :razz: One reason why google is so popular is because it gives you everything. More likely than not, a person will not know the exact title of the video they're looking for, or song, or article. If they did, it would probably be bookmarked already :lol:.

Another good reason why they shouldn't choose the sites for you is because sometimes we do try out those unintended sites that pop up, and sometimes, when we type in squirting, we want all the squirting videos of every conceivable manner we can handle, not just the popular ones.
Holy snapple, I gotta Google that now...

*fap fap fap*

Skorpion said:
'Googling' for something sounds better than 'binging' for something.
How about "Jar Jar Bing"?
"Hey man, what's the capital of Peru?"
"I don't know. Jar Jar Bing it."

Yes?
Still, Google will with simply for the sake of Google Seppuku.

I dunno, it seems to be trying to be too many things at once. If I'm looking for a place to eat, I'm going to check a food website, not a search engine.

Google has had years of training. Whenever someone searches on google and chooses a page off the list, it bumps the page up higher (as it is much more likely to be relevant). Bing, being so new, will never be able to compete. As we all know, whatever search algorithm you have in place, contextual training will always work better. There are too many exceptions as to how people search and work.

You're wrong. It's first with Bing and Google. To be quite specific, Bing shows microsoft.com/windows, whereas Google shows just microsoft.com, but seriously.

I can't believe you even had to make a topic about this. Google is like... the over-lord of search engines. The only people who would ever vote for Bing are the people who are posting while drunk and miss the 'google' button and accidentally select 'bing' instead.

James said:
You're wrong. It's first with Bing and Google. To be quite specific, Bing shows microsoft.com/windows, whereas Google shows just microsoft.com, but seriously.
I tested it last week, but it might have defaulted to dutch,

I tried it again, it was on page 3, not the fith hit.

Back
Top Bottom