Good budget phones

Users who are viewing this thread

My phone broke and I need a new one. Anything from 150-220€. I'm probably going to get a 32GB microSD regardless of the internal storage so it just has to be expandable. Music is the most important part for me, not that much of a picture fan.

My Note II originally had a 32 gig SDXC (I believe) but it didn't work, so watch out for that.

As for budget phones, are you looking for a smartphone (I assume you are)? Android, Windows, Blackberry?

For Android I'd probably go with Samsung.

The S3 mini is only about 50 euro out of your price range, and the Ace 2 fits exactly in the upper bound.

For Windows, no contest but to go Nokia AFAIK. The 620 sits in your price range IIRC.

Finally I know **** all about Blackberries.

Bought myself a Nokia 520 recently. Best ****ing phone I have ever used. I made my friend replace his iphone with one, he does not regret it.

520 looks and feels better than the 620 and is cheaper too. The 520 has a larger screen, but the 620 has a camera flash.

TBH I was going by carphone warehouse's Netherlands site, and I didn't see a 520. I've only used the 800 myself and though it's a pleasure to use, it breaks way too often.

I have a Lumia 620 myself, and it's not too shabby at all. Quite a few review sites have maintained it as the champion of budget phones, alongside the 520.

The 620's speakers are nothing special, gets a tad bit shrill at higher volumes. Haven't tested out the earphones, but I'll assume that it's as average as it can get, give or take a few points. It does the job of a music player well enough, and as a bonus has a pretty decent back camera as well as a front camera, which is rare for budget phones. Honestly the biggest draw of the phone is the OS. Absolutely love it. Fast, sleek, has all the apps and games I'll ever need.

There are a couple sites you could use as reference for comparing the 620 and 520:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53_rKwtFIkA
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Nokia-Lumia-520,Nokia-Lumia-620/phones/7745,7593

If you're willing to spend a couple more bucks there are better alternatives as well(though not necessarily better value for money), such as the Lumia 720. It's a gorgeous phone, really. Reminds me of the 800.

The 520 has a great music player, and the speaker is pretty damn great. If you're to get a budget phone, I would highly suggest it. If I remember rightly in terms of shape, the 620 is more rounded than the 520, and perhaps thicker too. I like the square look of the 520.

That Indian accent  :lol:. Never understood why there's only Indians doing these things.

I like the 520's design more and don't care that much about a frontal camera. Probably going to get it.

Cheers for the advice.

It's also worth noting that Nokia's Asha series are making headways as excellent budget phones. No WP OS though.
The Asha 501 was released a couple of weeks ago. Dual-SIM, incredible battery life, colorful and swappable covers, has all the essentials. Looks to be a decent phone with a ridiculously low price tag. Might want to check it out if you really want to cut down your costs, or just want a good backup phone.

Might be showing my age (and/or my financial situation), but 200€ is a budget phone? :???:

Last one I bought myself was 30€

smothdude said:
Vieira said:
Tuckles said:
For Android I'd probably go with Samsung.

Really? I heard HTC were the best when it came to Android.
I have a HTC, it is the slowest piece of **** phone ever :/

You really can't judge the entire brand from a single model/phone. I have a HTC as well and it's one of the best phones I've had in spite of a few flaws.

And as I mentioned above, the new HTC One is pretty awesome.

Back
Top Bottom