Going from commander to warrior

Users who are viewing this thread

sirballington

Sergeant at Arms
I've always played high INT/CHA just because it's more efficient being a force multiplier. Large armies that are largely immortal.

Now I want to try a beefcake rambo character with high STR/AGI. I tested out a 10 Riding character and it was such a joy on a horse. I'm also going to build my companions to be beefcake rambos, except for a doctor and pathfinder. Everyone else is a beefcake rambo.

If you've done this, what are your experiences? Benefits and weaknesses of such a character? Can you still win massive battles? Sieges? Not necessarily looking to conquer the map -- already done that once, and I realized that I like the perpetual skirmishes between all 6 factions.

YES recruit all the girl companions and only rescue peasant women! And turn them all into beefcake rambos. ALL THE BEEFCAKE RAMBOS.

I've never actually put much into chr and/or leadership, 2 or 3 points at most. I've done horse archer builds with 30AGI (weapon master and skill proficiency makes a BIG impact) and high STR with only a few INT. Basically high damage bow, fast as hell on a horse, picking off any troops with ease.

I've also done high INT medic characters with balanced AGI and STR, which I find a lot of fun. Not only for the usefulness of medic skills but being "weak" makes you play differently and more careful.

Then I've done a few Rambo types, some footmen, some mounted, but going all in on STR/AGI.

You can make a big impact in battle, what you lack in army size or fancy party skills, you can more than make up the difference with how many kills you get. Figure if you can chop down 15-20 more enemies in a battle, you can outweigh most of your deficiencies.

For companions I actually love having "beefcake" ones, on a war horse and good gear, they can chop down many enemies and stand toe to toe with swadian knights.

There is a bit of a disadvantage because having 20 extra cavalry will of course be incredibly useful but again, being a beast on your own with sturdy companions will balance out. Gotta hand it to Taleworlds, they made almost every playstyle and build viable.

So tldr version; Yes you can do fine with a Rambo type character, you just have to pay a little more attention to tactics since you won't outnumber everyone.

Back
Top Bottom