GM Minor Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

I suggest to make it that you are not longer a slave anymore (if you winned something like 100 battles in a row), that it's far easier to recruit troops. That was it, i think.

<<Why the player always has to fight in the weaker team back to back with some ***** that even don't knows how to grab a sword? Some examples now:>>

most fights are situational. you have to figure  how to do them. in the provocator fight, for example, none are your team. play them against each other.

but granted I haven't done all fights yet. but hey, a champion gladiator is  chanpion gladiator... work your way up... I'm sure when you get all skils at 10 and all stats at 30 it will get easy, even at hardest settings both M&B and the mod.

-------------------------------

You need a "general feedback pinned thread" so we can pop in and say "congratulations"

the wilderness is a bit empty, hope it flesh out latter

but the arena fights ! they're really cool !

too bad going spartacus turn those off for good !

I guess we can "export" our character before we go spartacus and keep a separate "pure gladiator" game

another option would be to have roman factions and unless you go spartacus everywhere, you can still fight somwhere. after all, you can still disguise yourself, grow a beard or something  :mrgreen:

they always need fresh blood for the arena.

any chance for lions, tigers and the like ? christian slaves against the lions ?

Mattyd said:
For this as a Roman game, (with the armour skins in the game), I'd recommend

Side A: Romans
Side B: Celts
Side C (bandits): Germanics, Persians, Steeps

:grin:

I agree it got potential to be expanded beyond the gladiator stuff. The legions are very well done, and the Dhacian fight proved this mod can handle that sort of battle. there is already plenty of gear in the game

also becoming a gladiator can be a latter thing. any free man always had the right to be a gladiator by the way. it was rare to do it thought (too much risk of dying). as a free man you should be entitled to more lucrative reward.

the capture part could be a latter thing in the game. I would rather loose a real battle against crazy numbers than being forced to choose flee. i,e. just make it the penalty for becoming prisoners.

The easiest thing to add is probably barbaric groups / spawn points and factions. this require less work and pretty much fill the empty areas.

the non-gladiator start is really a "bonus" that require much more work.

It felt a little strange to me that as a slave you were free to run the contryside. shouldn't you be litteraly "shiped" from arena cell to arena cell with very little choice of what you fight in ? or where you will fight ? I don't think I would let gladiator roam free, fishing or otherwise.

you could return the gladiator to his cell between fight with attendents to refresh him  (much like taverns), give him fresh food and so on. and one would be the guy to talk to when you're healed and ready to fight again.

going spartacus would require a full jail break. arena being protected by the legion, this mean you need to convince gladitors (npcs ?) to join you, as well as other minor gladiators and slaves, and at some point you're ready to strike. you do the jail break and are finally free to roam

Also, i believe gladiator were formed according to a speciality and equiped according to their value. you could be givenmoney representing that value and choose your path, so to speak. have a chest to store your equipment, and prepare for a fight as you want it. or you could script a way to store equipment for each slots and when you choose to fight as myrmidon you ge acces to your myrmidon equipment only ?

fisheyes have scripts like that that check equipment type I think

basically when you start up you would only fight as "recruit gladiator" (flesh for the arena) and have pitifull equipment and fight against fully equiped pro. when you finnally purchase the full equipment for one of the other position, then you can use that fighting slot. latter when you get famous you can use anything you want.

I don't think they'll waste precious equipment on loosers. the equipment get dammaged for nothing.

roman were happy to see newbs die at the hand of pros. often they could throw 10 unequiped recruits against fully equped pro gladiator just to show how much slaughter those guys could do.

throwing slaves to the tiger was the same concept  :cool:

just some thought to improve the gladiator side of the game, make it more real. I think it would be woth it.

That provocator equipment seemed especially expensive !

Forget it, I won't make female variations of all armors, which would be required, because they are all half-nude. :razz:
Not to mention that female gladiators didn't fight as the gladiator types, used in the corrent version; They only appeared as gladiatorix's. That would mean we would have only one combat type for femals, if we want to keep some historical accuracy, or we would have a lot of work and only another option + historical inaccuracy.

Highlander said:
Forget it, I won't make female variations of all armors, which would be required, because they are all half-nude. :razz:
Not to mention that female gladiators didn't fight as the gladiator types, used in the corrent version; They only appeared as gladiatorix's. That would mean we would have only one combat type for femals, if we want to keep some historical accuracy, or we would have a lot of work and only another option + historical inaccuracy.

I thought this game was set during Domitian's reign. He did employ female gladiators.
but i can understand not wanting to make the armors or new combat systems. it probably isn't worth it.

Double posts... aren't needed.

Anyway, both the gladiatorial parts and the others are being worked on. There are new arenas being modeled, and new ways of fighting. Not everything that is being worked on meets the eye. See the models thread, and you will see two or three arenas in there.

The dialogue could use some work, quite a few spelling mistakes and poorly worded statements. Also capitalization seems to be a bit haphazard.

I have a suggestion. It is about to solve a critical game problem: food. If you fight against Rome, your soldiers will be hungry and there is no way to find food. Only way is attacking mounted Romans and eat their horses but it is very hard. I think there should be villages for rebels and the village should have a food merchant. Or Romans should carry food which you will take after defeating them.

ottomanski said:
I have a suggestion. It is about to solve a critical game problem: food. If you fight against Rome, your soldiers will be hungry and there is no way to find food. Only way is attacking mounted Romans and eat their horses but it is very hard. I think there should be villages for rebels and the village should have a food merchant. Or Romans should carry food which you will take after defeating them.

It's already going to be sorted out. Most likely, he is going to use some sort of harvest system (like in the Paleolithic mod). Plus other ways.

Strange one of the reasons for not having females was because of historical accuracy, when the dialogue in the mod is very reality breaking. If you didn't want to make female meshes, it would be easier to  understand that explanation by itself instead of veiling it under historical accuracy.

Good mod though. I was hoping to find one this good, but with more then just Romans in it.

Back
Top Bottom