GM Minor Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

For this as a Roman game, (with the armour skins in the game), I'd recommend

Side A: Romans
Side B: Celts
Side C (bandits): Germanics, Persians, Steeps

:grin:

Eh, I like the idea's and all, but this is generally meant to be a Gladitorial based mod.

We wanted something new, not the usual make a character and kill things on the map. The focus was to make it different. Spending more time in the arena's and traveling from town A to town B, and less I'm going to kill 10 partys of bandits. We're going for something new.

EDIT: Nice re-inactment group you have got there. I like your videos.

http://scademo.com/images.demo/P31hadrian01.mpeg

Voutare,
I understand.
If I was code savy I'd figure out a way to steal your cool Roman skins and reskin the native M&B.
:wink:

buglord,
That happens each year at an event in Pennsylvania called Pennsic.
Its a week long camping event with fighting on fields, in the woods, a "castle", and more.  There's also archery, and all kinds of other medival / pre-17th century stuff (like drinking home brewed beer around the campfire with belly dancers).
:grin:
Usually ~12,000 people go to the event and we have ~ 2000 fighters. Its full contact "stick tag" with rattan (solid bamboo) weapons.

The SCA:
http://www.scademo.com/

More fighting vids:
http://www.freewebs.com/jamierw/SCAvidclip.htm

We're everywhere by the way:
http://www.sca.org/geography/welcome.html
Most places have a smaller event (20-200 people) monthly.

i am playing for the roman army fun, but how do i get my fredom, 1 more thing the game would rock if it did not have the gladiator thing to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW DO I GET MY FREEDOM I AM TIRED OF SAVING ROMAN ASS AND BEING CALLED A SLAVE

romansrule! said:
i am playing for the roman army fun, but how do i get my fredom, 1 more thing the game would rock if it did not have the gladiator thing to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW DO I GET MY FREEDOM I AM TIRED OF SAVING ROMAN ASS AND BEING CALLED A SLAVE

You can't be totaly free, you are either a slave or an outlaw.

romansrule! said:
please use some less disturbing writing.

Highlander said:
romansrule! said:
please use some less disturbing writing.

Yea, i thought some idiot started WW3  :lol:

A North African Libyan, who ruled England as Roman Emperor between 193-211 AD.
severusstatue_150.jpg

If the major thing of this mod is arena fighting, then arena should be done perfectly. After two days of playing this mod i find the arenas really idiotic - i always have to fight with some weakling in my team and i am always outnumbered. When my mate dies, I stay alone and I have to fight with, for example, four armed to teeth (always better equipped!!) bastards. The result if this fight is obvious... And also that I have to win few battles one after each other or lose everything and be hated by folk makes me angry. I know that if it would be too easy, it would be boring, but it shouldn't also be too hard and, above all, unfair! Why the player always has to fight in the weaker team back to back with some ***** that even don't knows how to grab a sword? Some examples now:
When fighting as the one with the trident, I win the first fith easily, the second is also quite easy (but of course my teammate dies within three seconds... I think that must be a suicide). But the third, when I'm defending a bridge drives me insane - how can I win being equipped only with a bag of stones and a penknife? And don't forget this suicidal idiot in my team!
But fighting with a sword is yet better! Don't care of having no shield - I can fight without it. But what about fighting against four (I had a comrade, but guess what happened to him?) gladiators armed with long spears and heavily armoured?
I don't really want to make the fights smaller or easier - but simply more fair. I'm not getting angry because of losing in a fair fight, but I'm gettin' angry when I have almost no chance of winning because of much worse equipment and useless man in my team.
I think that being a mutated bloody bastard with four hands and made of titan is a way to win on arena :razz:
Maybe I am a weak player, but I know one thing - this game is strongly unfair :razz:

PS maybe my post should be posted in "how to make arnas more interestind" thread? If so, move my post to right topic if it's needed :wink:

yes, the shield bug made it much harder though. To win the bridge defend: jump of the bridge, the AI is too dumb to follow you and you can easyly kill them. You might be right, but how can I keep the teams fair without dropping the difficulty?

I win 90% of the fights in hard mode  :neutral:

Anyway, tried taking the 'easy' difficulty settings if you create your character?

My hint for the pugio: If he's far away, stand in one place until he's nearby. If he's already nearby, move backwards. Suddenly change direction and move forward, stabbing him, and then retreat before he can do the same. If you do it right the enemy doesn't have time to defend or attack, and you'll cut him down nicely. I have only lost the bridge battle once with that strategy. :smile: Of course, my friend always manages to stay around long enough to keep the second enemy off me, or even kill him, so that's very useful.

As for suggestions, I don't think there's any way to change it but in a ship battle archers are incredibly accurate even if you're underwater, it seemed rather unlikely that they'd only miss my player by a foot while he's running along the bottom of the Mediterranean Sea... (He was trying to run away from the Romans).

you should use just one arena area in every town and make romes bigger much bigger!!

[Voutare- sorry, I clicked edit instead of reply. I'm sort of a noob to this still]

There is only one arena in every town, with the exception of the selected-competition battles. Also, we have a team member working on the colleseum.

Hey if you guys ever need a new map, contact me, I'm working on a map of Europe and north africa. It encompasses more than the roman empire and doesnt have the cities and etc, but At least it has the shape jsut incase you guess ever want to start a new map. I'll get a pic of it after I finish.

Big gladiator and slave rebellions would be nice. Parties with 100-200 rebel gladiators and/or slaves would be nice to have roaming around the map and actually killing some of those farmers and maybe even smaller troops of legionaries. They should be a little bit more equipped than normal slaves and gladiators. Also they sohuld be also quite rare I think.

Here's the map

The shape has not been smoothed out, the mountains are not in, forests etc. Just the general shape. I will only be detailing the parts which I will need for my mod (which will hopefully, eventually be everything).

Back
Top Bottom