Getting too old to play ?

Users who are viewing this thread

w4hammer said:
Those include mobile gaming that doesn't count. Playing games on your cellphone is not seen the same with owning a gaming console or playing games on PC.
You have it backwards, most of the "mobile gaming" players are very young kids with smartphones or young/late teens that didn't care a lot about videogames beforehand.

Reminder that the Atari 2600 was released 41 years ago.

@OP: Regardless of mokrygorky's tone, he does have a point. It is something you like, and as long as it doesn't cause problems to other people or yourself, who the hell cares? At the end of the day if it is such a big issue that your partner feels you have to drop it, drop your partner. Visibly they are way more worried about appearances than your happiness.

***** Slave is the best way to go.

Apart from that, MnB is an awesome timesink. Though there are quite a few other very interesting options out there, including Jagged Alliance 2 v1.13 and it´s mods - like Urban Chaos - which is in my opinion by far the best mod for it. (The main disadvantage of JA2 is that you hit lvl 9 so fast).

I´ve got about 180 games on GoG and 30 on steam and I shan´t live long enough to play all these awesome shiny gems of entertainment.

If you´re currently looking for something, go and give Battle Brothers a shot. Get it on steam. It´s truly awesome. Just like Ultimate General Civil War, which is an awesome game as well. Oriental Empires isn´t bad either - it shows some suprisingly fresh features and settings.

A couple of GoG options I can recommend are for example Underrail (awesome RPG), The Age of Decadence (AWESOME RPG with high replayability), Dungeon Rats (dungeon crawler using Age of Decadence´s setting and combat system) or for a classic, good old Darklands.

So, no, I don´t think one becomes too old to play. I rather think it helps staying young before it´s diapers again.

There is atleast two things that you never get to old for

1. Playing games
2. Masturbating

Cheers

I am 76 and still playing. I tend to play just single player, and I keep coming back to PoP, which in imo is still the best Warband Mod.
Started playing simple games, and then writing some in machine code, back in the 70's 80's on the single board Nascom 1, and have never stopped playing games since. (I was a mainframe computer engineer for many years, and used to play a "text" version of Startrek on the mainframe on nights as a background job several decades ago).
Your never too old! just hope I last out until Bannerlord is released.

Yozzer said:
I am 76 and still playing. I tend to play just single player, and I keep coming back to PoP, which in imo is still the best Warband Mod.
Started playing simple games, and then writing some in machine code, back in the 70's 80's on the single board Nascom 1, and have never stopped playing games since. (I was a mainframe computer engineer for many years, and used to play a "text" version of Startrek on the mainframe on nights as a background job several decades ago).
Your never too old! just hope I last out until Bannerlord is released.

You sir.. are my hero. :smile:

"Hence their version of "old-age" doesn't play games" (c)ahseph

Hey, it is wrong. Old humans  still play games, card games as example ad they play a lot of it. This "only children plays games" comes mostly from womans who wants that you spend your ALL time ONLY on her and houshold. I never heard a man that would be against games, they may be against spending to much time on them when you have another things to do, but not against games.

I am 47.

I started with an Apple2E in 1978 and computer hardware and gaming are lifelong hobbies.

My wrist and back sometimes hurt sure. My eyes need glasses for small text sure.

I have just as much enthusiasm for gaming as I did in 1978! So I will be gaming till the end.  :grin:

Allow me to join in the circle jerk here and say, I'm 31 and spend most of my free time gaming, which is fine since I've never had much in the way of friends. My family looks down on me because "grown men don't play games" said my Grandpa, as he sat watching grown men running around a field trying to grab each other's balls :grin:

Btw, glad to see PoP is still in development, I had thought SD had moved on to something else and that PoP was no longer being worked on. I'll def give 3.9 a download, any idea of when it'll be out?

38 here unless they develop something which is even more enjoyable and still legal without being horribly harmful to your health then I doubt I will give up gaming. I only wish the people who develop PoP were working on Bannerlord, would have been released 2 years ago.

HunterAlpha1 said:
I'll def give 3.9 a download, any idea of when it'll be out?
Official list, but a bit outdated:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,371725.0.html
Up-to-date list, with much more detail:http://pop3.wikia.com/wiki/3.9_Full_Changelog

P.S.: I'm 26, so just admit that I've won the "who's the oldest contest" here :razz:. Imo, as long as someone keeps a healthy balance between family, work, social life and gaming, I can't see any reason to be ashamed of playing computer games, regardless of age. Games exist for entertainment purposes. No more, no less. How you entertain yourself in your remaining spare time is your own business. Although personally, I prefer to play computer games when I'm alone (or I ask to be left alone a little :smile: ).

Haha, glad to see a lot of 30+ in this thread. I play games and my wife is cool with that as long as I've done enough share of house chores. My greater family pays no mind either since I got highest income among them so they cannot criticize me :fruity:

It's just that I cannot have enough time between healthy life and good game session. Single player games like MnB are great since I do not feel the need to compete or finish up anything, and if I like, I can cheat myself to save time grinding.

Back
Top Bottom