Getting knocked out wont auto finish the battle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Porcorosso

Sergeant
This was a MOD in the original which allowed the combatants to keep fighting even if you were knocked out which i thought was more realistic and fair, Of course your warband would lose some morale and some may even flee when you see your leader fall!

Why Taleworlds didnt design this in, i just dont know why...

Has anyone designed this MOD for warband?

What are you doing? Are you suggesting a mod? Is it a suggestion? Are asking for a mod?
It's not very clear...

I'll say it then.  Autoretreat should not kick in when your troops outnumber the enemy and have the upper hand.  Autoretreat represents your men just packing her in when you hit the dirt.  They should still do this if you get knocked out early or the battle isn't CLEARLY being won yet.  But once you start to get the enemies on the run it makes more sense for your men to finish up than flee.  Seems logical as well.  If your men knew they were winning and some base varlot knocks out the cap'n.  Well they are going to get pissed off.  If they aren't winning they will get scared and flee.

Yeah especially since you "always" loose a few men as well after you're knocked out, I've even done it on purpose once against some Looters (I had 40 Knights) and when I was knocked out I lost 3 (Two killed, one unconscious) of them....if the fight had been "played through" instead of auto-calculated twice (once after I was knocked out and once when I had to click "tell my troops to charge without me") you wouldn't loose any troops.

A few mods have this feature, notably Prophecy of Pendor from M&B. I very much enjoy the feature. Having the battle stop (for you) makes sense when you're defeated in battle, but I believe the game is funner when you can still watch and even order troops around whilst defeated, though that last bit probably wouldn't make it into Native should this ever be incorporated.

Not that wrong if you see the game as a way to have fun in the thick of melee combat as much as possible. It's "fair" to have no control over your troops after your character is knocked out, but personally I'm not interested in treating the dumb AI fairly, it has no feelings; I would just imagine it as one of your companions or most experienced troops taking over command, and the player controlling their decisions - it's not as if there would be only one person solely commanding the entire army. I want to maximize the fun of commanding my troops against difficult odds, not realistically hanging back scared of stray projectiles, playing everything safe in case my precious character gets knocked out and the arbitrary "autocalc" unfairly kills all of my men.

I strongly support the basic suggestion, whether the player can still command or not; there is also a suggestion on the bug tracker here. Additionally, I will ask again, is there anyone out there that added the feature to the mods for the previous version of this game that can show how it's done, or at least give some hints? Now that the warband module system has been released I had a look for myself, but I didn't figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom