Get the pistol back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Mormakar said:
Yeah, this is not a gunpowder game.
What exactly do you mean with "So we'll have to wait till he sells out to EA and we get M&B:1942, M&B:1342 and so on"? ... Was it a joke?

Btw, if you want to play game that is like M&B, with as good horse-riding and arrow-shooting implementation,  but with pistols and rifles instead of lances and swords, try GUN.

I only have £14 :sad:  ... joking So I play a free shooting game, very good. Gunz. Its fun ... but not so fun as M&B :wink:
And by the way, I also think that the pistols are for mods!

Gunz isn't worth the bandwidth.
But anyway, I still think there should be a pistolo. nerf it, whatever, but just put it in.

So, you are screaming bloody murder when people are talking about guns, but couldn't give a **** about the armor that was made centuries after the first firearms?

That's the case.  It's a question of emotion rather than historical significance.  For many of the people who oppose it, guns are a reprsentation the modern era.  They want a game that allows them to feel the 'reality' of a visceral medieval battle, and anything that seems more modern dilutes this feeling.  However, because most people are unaware of the timeline regarding the armor, nor does any kind of armor seem modern excepting bullet vests, it does nothing to effect their emotions in a similar manner.  Don't look for logic here... it's all about feeling.

Im only talking about Gunz not Guns. If you now was talking to me. I dont understand the last posts :lol:
And how did you begin talking about armors? .... 
Now back to talking about the pistol! Is it possibly to bring in that thing so you can vote? So can we see is people whant to have back the pistol.

Mormakar said:
I dont understand the last posts :lol:

Yes, ignorance is clearly something to be proud of.

Mormakar said:

My point was, that primitive firearms would suit the setting quite well, since this game is hardly set in the dark ages. The armor-thing was merely to point out that the plate-armors in-game are actually a lot newer than firearms. I am aware that it's a fantasy game, but this was merely aimed at the people who claim that guns wouldn't fit the era.

Krummi said:
i lik pstuls i want on pls

thanks
What is he talking about?

Worbah said:
Mormakar said:

My point was, that primitive firearms would suit the setting quite well, since this game is hardly set in the dark ages. The armor-thing was merely to point out that the plate-armors in-game are actually a lot newer than firearms. I am aware that it's a fantasy game, but this was merely aimed at the people who claim that guns wouldn't fit the era.

OK. Now I understand. Good point. No guns in Native  :mrgreen::wink:

its just another useless weapon that sucks, since back then rifling wasn't invented and the accuracy of firearms sucked. and it loads soooo slow, but then again it has ok damage, but we don need it

absox11 said:
its just another useless weapon that sucks, since back then rifling wasn't invented and the accuracy of firearms sucked. and it loads soooo slow, but then again it has ok damage, but we don need it

Technically not correct. Rifling technology has been around since the 15th centuary. It wasn't mass produceable, but it did exist and many rich nobles had rifles.

When you compare weapons and armour found in Mount and Blade already, (Ie the Bardiche) you see that guns _would_ fit in the realm.

However in the same vein that your character doses't need to deficate, the developer has left out the pistols. Make believe they haven't invented gunpower yet or something.

There must be at least a million different games that you can use firearms in, bet I've found very few that let you run around and hack at people with medieval-esq weapons.

There are plently of gun weapon mods for the game. My two personal favourites are Firearms which is very similar to native, except for one or two minor "issues" (the Mossberg 500 pump shotguns, and the multi barreled weapons like the Knock gun that should shoot all 7 barrels at once playing as a semi auto in game :smile: ) and Give me Liberty or give me Death is an American revolution/war of indipendence game with very little reference to Native M&B.

Both are very playable and fun.

KBK

Firearms mod is a great creation, anyone who likes guns n mount&blade will like it.  Give me Liberty or give me Death is a good play to.

Back
Top Bottom