Geroia, Jumne, Balion and other Places

Users who are viewing this thread

My lords!

If we talk with certain companions (lezalit) or do some battles with custom battle characters like Konrad, we get a bit of backstory about them.

According to Lezalit, Geroia should be East of Calradia (east of rhotae on the map). As Bannerlord expands the area of Calradia behind Barryie/Tulga/Rivacheg, shouldn't Geroia be somewhere in this new Area.

Nordland should be the place Nords came from (up in the north, Jumne) and might be already seen in the new Calradia map (north of Balgard?)

http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/File:Bannerlord_Map.png

Balion should be to the west of praven on an island (if we consider vlandia/swadia a continental french origin balion has an insular english origin)

Maybe Balion could be added in a future DLC of Bannerlord? (and the other named places, like Lokti (Argo Sendar) Jumne (Sverre), (revived Zendar?), Siri (Usiatra, outside of Sarranid desert/south east of),

very curious if these places will find their way into Bannerlord  :mrgreen:

Well the big question is what has been retconned and how. It's really not clear if TW is keeping much other than the very basic parts of MB1/Warband's lore.
Basically, everything to the east of Wercheg/Varcheg has been retconned fairly heavily. The general shape of Calradia is still there, but the biomes and such have been placed very differently. Are desert & steppe supposed to be the same ones as in Warband, or should we think of it as there having been some sort of dramatic shift in climate? There's also the question of towns. While many of the Bannerlord towns in the west (mostly Vlandia) are clearly ones from Warband, finding cognates/equivalents to the east and south is much harder (Jalmarys may be Halmar, I can't find any possible links other than that). You can probably consider most of that region as essentially wiped and redone.

With such huge shifts in the world design, I'm not too sure if the the lands outside of Calradia will still "exist" in Bannerlord, or if they're rebuilding the world from the ground up.
Although it does make some sense that Geroia would be some part of the expanded east.

Looking at that map link, if Jalmarys is Halmar, then we've expanded a huge amount to the East and a little to the south as well. I want to know what happened to the lake that divides the Asserai from the rest of the map, as in WB it was mountains... only a small difference lol

SE4 R@1DER said:
Where's this map from? Was it shown in a video?

Also, I've wanted to see Geroia ever since my companions talked about it in the original M&B. :smile: It doesn't sound like we're going to see it or the other places in Bannerlord, but since you mentioned DLC, a DLC/expansion that adds one or more of these places would be cool. Mind you, it'd probably take TW ~3 years to make it. And that'd be after Bannerlord came out.

Arvenski said:
SE4 R@1DER said:
Where's this map from? Was it shown in a video?

Also, I've wanted to see Geroia ever since my companions talked about it in the original M&B. :smile: It doesn't sound like we're going to see it or the other places in Bannerlord, but since you mentioned DLC, a DLC/expansion that adds one or more of these places would be cool. Mind you, it'd probably take TW ~3 years to make it. And that'd be after Bannerlord came out.

i've found the map on the wb wiki but always was curious of the new borders and such.
Charas is Shariz (Sarranid Capital in WB) Jalmarys Ahmerrad or Halmar? (geographical is should be ahmerrad- al/ahmarryd or almar for halmar)
Jaculan=Jelkala (Rhodok Capital), Galen=Yalen, Sargot,Pravend and Varcheg stay pretty the same (Sargoth, Praven, Wercheg)

http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/File:WarbandWorldMap.png Here we can see that the mountains between Sarranid Desert and Khergit Steppes are seperated between Halmar and Durquba (Jameyyed Castle) in WB but in BL it is near Zeonica (the first seperation) while the second is near Amytatis and Jalmarys
in WB the Second separation of the mountain range is pretty close to Ahmerrad (and as such i assume that Jalmarys is indeed Ahmerrad)

Roman name and Arabian names might change the front and the last part of the names or it was just misplaced by the map makers xD

Basically WB calradia is from BL Jalmarys Northwards and Westwards

Now if we look at the Mount and Blade (not WB) Calradia, ( http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/File:Calradia.jpg ) Halmar is indeed where Ahmerrad is in Warband (at the second mountain range opening) (if we ignore the little mountain pass)

For me it looks like they took the Geographical WB Calradia and Pasted the MB Calradia on its east side (the mountain ranges of WB and MB seem to be congruent, lakes /rivers could change due to glacial activity (but mountains not that much)

With Bannerlord's map it seems implausible to have anything further south or east, since Calradia is bound by desert and steppe in those regions. Junme can't possibly be further north either unless they're eskimos or there's some Warband equivalent of the Northwest Passage that leads to a habitable region on a further latitude.

I think TW has unintentionally blocked any potential expansion anywhere but west, and even then judging by the continent's size (it appears to stretch from a pole to the equator at least) any off map landmass would be quite far away.

It's not too crazy to think that there could be lands to the east and or south, although I agree there's not too much room left to the north for expansion. Blogs, including the Khuzait, Asserai, and Empire blogs, speak clearly of lands to the south and east where the Khuzaits and Asserai come from, and trade routes which pass through those lands prove that there are places in those directions

Roccoflipside said:
It's not too crazy to think that there could be lands to the east and or south, although I agree there's not too much room left to the north for expansion. Blogs, including the Khuzait, Asserai, and Empire blogs, speak clearly of lands to the south and east where the Khuzaits and Asserai come from, and trade routes which pass through those lands prove that there are places in those directions
i'd really wish that there will be a dlc for bannerlord with some tropical climate like kingdom (some jungle factions similar to the sturgian subfaction "sons of the forest")

Back
Top Bottom