Germanica - a Rome Total War Barbarian Invasion AAR

Users who are viewing this thread

ArnulfFloyd

Knight at Arms
Games used: Rome Total War Barbarian Invasion 1.6
Mod: Invasio Barbarorum: Somnium Apostate Ivliani 1.0
Faction: Franks
Cheats: add_money because I sucks regarding economy

Hello everyone my name is Arnulf Floyd. I am a long-time Total War gamer and I want to give yours a linear AAR with plain narration and more focused on game mechanisms

361 - 362

Franks begin a series of battles against Frisii and a Roman renegade named Gratianus Flavius for etablishing a strong position in Rhine. They build many edificies for celebrating their victories over dogs. Their leader, Chlodio, was a good and able man which forge a stable kingdom for his son, Meroveaus. Winter has come in Germania, winds blows cold and harsh over roofs of Frankish wooden house, people rests long until Chlodio driven by his maniacal lust for power, he decides to conquer and attack neighbouring territories

Chlodio after a series of misadventures during spring and summer besieging Campus in late august, battle was one massive with 20,000 men clashing but Chlodio was killed by Burgundians, Merovaeus become new king

Enough for today, update coming tomorrow

Arnulf Floyd said:
361 - 362

Franks begin a series of battles against Frisii and a Roman renegade named Gratianus Flavius for etablishing a strong position in Rhine. They build many edificies for celebrating their victories over dogs. Their leader, Chlodio, was a good and able man which forge a stable kingdom for his son, Meroveaus. Winter has come in Germania, winds blows cold and harsh over roofs of Frankish wooden house, people rests long until Chlodio driven by his maniacal lust for power, he decides to conquer and attack neighbouring territories
i like this chlodio guy
Arnulf Floyd said:

Chlodio after a series of misadventures during spring and summer besieging Campus in late august, battle was one massive with 20,000 men clashing but Chlodio was killed by Burgundians, Merovaeus become new king
oh well

Hey Arnulf, as someone who once wrote a half-finished Rome Total War AAR a long time ago, may I make a suggestion? It's often helpful to include images alongside the narration. Not only can they inspire your writing, but it helps the reader immerse themselves in your story! Just leaving my 2-cents, if you're having fun that's all that really matters.

I have left AAR but I will switch to Total War Attila with Age of Charlemagne for next chapters because offers more complexity and better graphics than RTWBI. I just have begun playing game, for me TW games are hard but not so frustrating as WB :lol: Age of Charlemagne allows me to record my own history of Charlemagne, from Saxon Wars to Reconquista

Sorry about change content of AAR. I decide to choose Total War Attila with Age of Charlemagne DLC and awesome Radious mod because we want something new and fresh,. I will follow events which happens 100 years before Great Heathen Army. My inspirarion was M0rdred of Pendor fame and his Attila LPs

Back
Top Bottom