Commodus Total War - A Rome 2: Total War AAR

Users who are viewing this thread

Commodus -- Total War

4TzuA.jpg

So, what's this then?

I have been interested in Roman Gladiators for some time and in recent Rome 2: Total War Roman campaigns I've had quite some fun using them with my legionaries in a distinctly unhistorical fashion. After watching a certain old Hollywood movie I decided to embrace my inner Commodus and play a campaign with special rules, restricting my units to Gladiator ones and eventually others that might fit the theme. So, these are the rules:

1. Use only Gladiator-type and beast-type units in land armies besides the generals' bodyguards. Obviously. For the opening turns I'll use the regular starting units to get this whole Empire thing going, afterwards the units will be replaced. The beast-type units are ones like Wardogs, which in my opinion fit the theme as well; for now I don't consider Elephants or other kinds of cavalry as fitting. I might consider using some of the more exotic mercenary/auxiliaries for variety, but I'm always open for suggestions.
2. The female units are limited to one of every kind in each army. Because even fun gimmick units are still gimmick units.
3. As Generals' bodyguards, only use the heavy infantry ones. These guys are supposed to be the only regular soldiers fighting in formation in my armies. Also I like Triarii.
4. Only Veteran-type agents are allowed. For now. I'll just let the starting spy die out by herself.
5. Only Bread and Games edicts are allowed. The plebs WILL watch the games and munch on the bread, or else.
6. Never make a treaty with Armenia. Those guys can't be trusted.
Suggestions for more are always welcome.

I play on Normal difficulty because I'm a n0ob, and I autoresolve battles against weak armies and garrisons which would otherwise just be tedious mopping-up affairs because Let the Gods decide.

Let's get this started!

vwiaL.png

We'll teach your legionaries how to kill!

Back
Top Bottom