General Feedback & Venting

Users who are viewing this thread

Just an idea here because I love the item commissioning stuff and would love to see this expanded.

What about maybe having the artisan crafter have the ability to improve the already existing improvements, buffing them just a little more? As he levels, the possibility goes up (0.02%, 1%, 2%) up to a max of 5%/week (max 1 improvement improved.) You could add levels to the improvements, such as making the marketplace start at tier 1 and then move up to tier 4 over time as it randomly gets called.

dagg929 said:
Just an idea here because I love the item commissioning stuff and would love to see this expanded.

What about maybe having the artisan crafter have the ability to improve the already existing improvements, buffing them just a little more? As he levels, the possibility goes up (0.02%, 1%, 2%) up to a max of 5%/week (max 1 improvement improved.) You could add levels to the improvements, such as making the marketplace start at tier 1 and then move up to tier 4 over time as it randomly gets called.
I actually planned on devoting a version update to overhauling the improvement system and giving them progression tiers for the mid-late stages of the game.  The skills of your advisors are intended to have a certain amount of the progression you're referring to now though.  Some functions of the advisors became broken / lost as a result of the recruitment update that haven't been fully restored.  Garrison recruitment is back, but no longer requires the Captain of the Guard in order to function.  I will eventually move that requirement back once there are more candidates for the job.  Garrison training needs to be completely rebuilt and will once again fall under him.

And what about the master spies who gave a lot of useful in diplomacy.
Reconciled with the vassals, to know their relation to the distribution of land and send gifts to other factions? and generally inscription during the game talking with you who should be in the military company.

But the main thing that I would like seeing this caravans which I wrote in the previous post. If it is possible of course.

And what about the banking system.

And one more question. Some abilities have several effects. I have to add the ability for example twice, something to get 2 effect?

No. If one ability has two or more effects, than it does all of them at once. If, however, the ability has synergy with other ability, then you have to have both of those abilities to get synergy bonuses.

For example:

Ability A has effect A1 and effect A2 and synergy AS with ability B

Ability B has effect B1 and synergy BS with ability A

When you have only ability A, you get A1 and A2. When you have B than you have B1. But if you get A and B, than you have A1,A2,B1, AS and BS.

Is this celar, or did I just add to your confusion?

D3monic said:
No. If one ability has two or more effects, than it does all of them at once. If, however, the ability has synergy with other ability, then you have to have both of those abilities to get synergy bonuses.

For example:

Ability A has effect A1 and effect A2 and synergy AS with ability B

Ability B has effect B1 and synergy BS with ability A

When you have only ability A, you get A1 and A2. When you have B than you have B1. But if you get A and B, than you have A1,A2,B1, AS and BS.

Is this celar, or did I just add to your confusion?

Thank you

Yo Windy, I just got an idea recently, after I used some greatswords I won from tournament. How about altering animations for those massive swords and probably some other weapons with the "unbalanced" feature? How about left, right and overhead strikes to be from two handed animations, but the pierce and the block animations from polearms? I dunno if it's realistic, but I saw it long time ago in some old MaB mod (not Warband though) and it looked extremly cool.

I know it's nothing big, but it would be cool imho.

D3monic said:
Yo Windy, I just got an idea recently, after I used some greatswords I won from tournament. How about altering animations for those massive swords and probably some other weapons with the "unbalanced" feature? How about left, right and overhead strikes to be from two handed animations, but the pierce and the block animations from polearms? I dunno if it's realistic, but I saw it long time ago in some old MaB mod (not Warband though) and it looked extremly cool.

I know it's nothing big, but it would be cool imho.

Great swords should not be imbalanced, otherwise they wouldn't work very well. However, there are weapons such as war clubs that should be imbalanced. And while we're at it, I had an idea about making some peasant staves
images

Peasant-Staff_Page_1.jpg

Sorry for big-ass picture. Anyone knows how to resize this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ohyb9Mc-4AM
Anyone interested?

Well, yeah, however, those swords are still to big to use the standart block animation, at least for the overhead block. And some other anims too :smile:

The castle/town build menu is the worst designed menu I have ever encountered in this game. I don't mean that to be a ****, it's just actually the worst designed menu I ever encountered.

I have some minor nerve issues which hardly ever flares up, except when I get a particular kind of strain in my mouse hand. Which this menu seems designed especially to illicit. The result is that not only is it hard to get an overview of available buildings, I am in literal physical pain as I'm doing it :razz:

Please do consider a more traditional setup for this. A menu with buttons and name all visible all at once.

I don't know if it's the result of the global stat increases, but it's frustrating how often I'm getting wrecked. It's not a slight at the mod, since increased general difficulty (compared to Native) is one of the intended design goals. But it's pretty disheartening to slog through the first few levels hitting people for 10 damage, and then getting knocked out with 99 damage, 116 damage. Sometimes I'd get two "received X damage" in a row from one swing, what's up with that?

Tournaments. And forest bandits. Mostly tournaments. Bandits aren't too bad since I can hide behind my troops, who eventually get slaughtered too. I love tournaments, but I definitely feel extremely powerless compared to Native. I lanced someone for 65 damage and the guy was still standing. :eek: It's like what would happen in Native if huscarls took part in tournaments. :lol:

Well, tournament oponnents are seriously buffed. They really ARE tough. Bundits... depends who you are fighting. But they genrally aren't the uselless bunch as they were in native.

D3monic said:
Well, tournament oponnents are seriously buffed.
Tell me about it. I was charging full speed towards this guy who had a bow and was aiming at another guy. Just as I got close enough to possibly deal a +135% speed damage bonus, what does he do? He wheels around and immediately, with ONE stab of his spear, he knocked me AND my horse unconscious. That is just ludicrous. Having a horse is a liability now that I take damage when I fall.  :lol:

I don't use horses a lot anymore on tournaments, as their manoeuvrability is too low to use them efficiently in the new arenas. Even the Native one makes bots rushing into walls. Horses are only useful to me when only few competitors remain in the arena and I have to chase them. I'm better with a two-handed sword upgraded, with an upgraded armor too. One-handed weapon & shield is fine too if the arena is nice for range shooters, and they are deadly if you can't avoid them.

Yeah. To be honest I am not playing at high difficulty, so my point of wiev may be a little inaccurate, but I generally don't use horses at all. I don't like them in battles, and I don't like them in tournaments, simply 'cause they're making it too easy. Sure, with Silverstag it's sometimes hard to fight against cavalry when your whole army is on foot, but it's fun.

And on the tournaments... well yeah. Since oponnents got buffed and proficiencies matters more (that's just my personal opinion, I really don't know if Windy made changese there), it may be tough in the beginning. I recommend you starting with easier tournament difficulty and continualy setting them harder as you get better. Oh and, **** horses. They are useless on most maps. However, if you really have to use a horse, do it with lance. That's the only thing that makes sense, since it keeps you out of range of melee guys, if used correctly.

I just found out that choosing Enhanced Weapons allows me to do the same damage I've been taking, instead of the piddly 10 damage. Not sure how I feel about that to be honest. I like tournaments that are a test of skill, not "GG if you get this awesome enhanced gear". That's why I like Native's randomness, because, sure, if you get a bow/arrow with Archery 40, you're SOL, but to me, a tournament tests how much of a weapon master you are. Obviously there is no historical precedent (I couldn't find any info that says tournament weapons are issued by a herald/master of ceremonies, instead "bring your own").

But yeah, I turn off horses for the Nord cities, and maps that have too many trees and hills. I am now level 11 and can win a couple of tournaments. Kinda cheated though, because I used enhanced weapons.

Sprinting is another ability that I think could use some tweak. Specifically the speed. Outrunning a galloping horse on foot is just wrong.

Sure, with Silverstag it's sometimes hard to fight against cavalry when your whole army is on foot, but it's fun.
My favorite way to build an army actually composes of 90% infantry. I love melee on horseback, but I don't enjoy having too many cavalries (they tend to get in my way more often than not, considering how much I like throwing myself in the thick of things). It's probably a remnant from the days of "70 Swadian Knights, afk, come back and Tab".

8-10 cavalry is all I have. Haven't fought any lords yet, but for bandits, our cavalry (including myself) role is to distract enemy horses so they don't lance my infantry. I accidentally ran into a group of 54 sea raiders (I have 18 troops), and I thought, "oh great, it's going to be a slaughterfest". I and 5 of my man-at-arms spent most of the time distracting the enemy troops so that 2/3 of them chase after me while my infantry deals with the remaining. Surprisingly it worked. Most renown I ever earned from one battle. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom