General Feedback & Venting

Users who are viewing this thread

Windyplains said:
Great write up and thank you for the feedback.  The OSP siege pack by Lord Samuel that adds more than one point of entry on sieges will be included in v0.24's release and that work is already implemented.  That fix is right around the corner. :smile:
This is very exciting actually.

Probably one of the most exciting and yet terrible parts of the game are sieges. I get so tired defending my towns and castles against 2k stacks of troops and winning with only 500.

Windyplains said:
Great write up and thank you for the feedback.  The OSP siege pack by Lord Samuel that adds more than one point of entry on sieges will be included in v0.24's release and that work is already implemented.  That fix is right around the corner. :smile:

One question though, does the OSP siege pack include improved AI pathing? If nto, than it will make the sieges easier for player but won't change anything else...

I will have to keep an eye on that when it is ready for testing as that has always been one if my concerns as well.  This particular pack has seen a lot of use though with only positive feedback from what I have seen.

Okay, since I've been plaing v 0.23 for a while, I'll write something too.

[list type=decimal]
[*]The naming convention setting seems to be malfunctioning with the center unique troops. I am using the option with ranks in brackets, and it's working fine except for uniqe troops. There it uses the realistic naming. [So, I have Swadian Footman (Veteran) but Veteran Grunwalder Halbedier]. I'm goin' to create a ticket, I just wanted to ask if you'll need savegame with that, Windy.
[*]I don't know if you made some changes to the economics and the enterprises, but I really like the way it's working right now. In native, you can simply build weavery and dyeworks in every city and it works like a charm. But in Silverstag, you actually have to check which enterprise is the best, since in some towns, dyeworks are losing money instead of making it. 
[*]Again about economics, I want to thank you for including Merchant ledger and altering the economics (if you made some alternations). Silverstag is THE first mod where I actually started my game as a trader and enyojed it. And to be clear I was speaking about trading without trading perks. With them, it's even better.
[*]I have to say, at first I was surprised how fast I was able to establish productive enterprise in every city. As a wandering merc with just a small force, I was earning 10K cash weekly which seemed just too much. But later on in the game, when I am already a vassal with castles to defend, I was surprised how fast was my cash disappearing. Three factions declared war on us and after a while I actually had to withdraw some money from my treasury just so I can continue hiring troops and battling large enemy armies. Stupid allies not helping :grin:
[/list]

Sieda said:
Hey there, this is my first post on the forums even though I've been a long time lurker.
Good job with your first post.

Does this new siege mod account for engines?  I mean, you don't have to actually have functioning siege engines in the game, but you never see a battle where one side has managed to make a breach in the wall.  That would be pretty neat, and while there would still be a bottleneck, it would be a significantly bigger bottleneck.

Well maybe a combination of a ladder and a small breach, two different places where you can press attack. But still, the AI must have two valid paths set, or else it's for nothing.

skyfaller said:
Could you reconsider that please?

The custom commander was one of the very few ways to level up a companion to keep up with your own leveling. It makes no difference in melee combat map since its still you giving the order just in a different avatar body but it makes a huge difference in the world-map & long term game itself because all the XP gained in that battle goes to the companion not you.

...and being an old final fantasy fan...the switching of characters for battle is appealing!
If your companion is decent with a bow you could kill yourself in a siege to take control and powerlevel them. That's more of a quickfix compared to custom commander though.

I have one question Windy... what decision and lore is behind the Silverstag emblems? Right now, you can do quite interesting things with them, but they do seem like a cheating to me, since there is no reasoning behind them at all. I do know you plan some Silverstag faction in the future, however, we do not know any details.

D3monic said:
I have one question Windy... what decision and lore is behind the Silverstag emblems? Right now, you can do quite interesting things with them, but they do seem like a cheating to me, since there is no reasoning behind them at all. I do know you plan some Silverstag faction in the future, however, we do not know any details.
They were added as a method to reward folks for using the mod's specific content, playing well and gives me some options for putting in upgrades via a single process.  I haven't decided how / if I would handle lore for them.

Join all the above told myself +

Not like...
1) I do not like that you can not train soldiers in the cities, castles using Adviser on guard (or whatever it). And absence the master spy (who spoke as lords are land distribution), as well at the beginning of the military company, posts of that tell you who is behind you followed.
2) Do not like skill training, I understand that the new system of recruitment, but to develop satellites become much more difficult + can leave the training for lower units.
3) I would like to revise trade enterprises and the siege to siege towers and ladders

like...
1) I like tournaments, but I do not understand why it is necessary in many cities of restrictions on the number of riders is not less than 50%
2) Like the control system my kingdom, but would like to hire an army of vassals of my culture even so (I would like most to make thee an army, and not to use one from a culture that offers developers)
3) Like the possibility of bonus coins, but would like a little time to differentiate amongs the buildings of buildings in cities, villages and castles of the kingdom, and not so expensive prices for orders of things at the blacksmith

I'd like to see...
1) I would like to see the option of hiring a caravan that would buy raw materials instead of you, and drove it on your business or in store for the holidays (you would pay them as mercenaries once a week, and they would take the money from your treasury for raw materials and so could you point out to them where and what to buy and at what price range)
2) The ability to marry a pretender to the throne and rule as a full-fledged governor, not as a co-ruler
3) Would be desirable that s if you are being attacked, the enemy in the battle moved on you in order, and you can play from defend. A both parties stand to protect and waiting who attacks. Have to run to the enemy army and provoke attack the protagonist.
4) I also would like to be able to improve the skills of Lords and satellites become lords and change their equipment.

qaqawe said:
...and not so expensive prices for orders of things at the blacksmith...

Well, you can order specific item with specific quality which is imho quite powerfull. Big price is there to compensate for that. And when you are lord of town or castle, you can build Royal forge, which gives you artisian blacksmith, who levels up, lowering the price of commision in that place.

Along that note...what did folks think of the artisan blacksmith addition?  Having something like this that is slotted to a location, levels up and provides a passive benefit?  I'm one of those folks who always likes having some kind of progression going on so I felt he added a little of that to the commissioning / repair system as well as his cost & time saving function.

I like it.  Anticipating your Lordly Heraldic Mail is fun.

I do find that once I have enough cash to use the smith, I'm more focused on my army and vassals than on my individual character and his equipment.  But that's just my playing style.

I like it for my companions as much as me. I'm lazy and don't like browsing shops for good armor for them, so I can just commission some heraldic mail at plain level, or some cheaper/lighter armor at reinforced or something for my archers.
Being able to get any armor you want at lordly is really nice too, have to look stylish on the battlefield.

I should be more specific.  I'm not referring to the item commissioning system specifically, but the mechanic of having the artisan crafter that leveled up with benefits to improve on the system.  It was something new that I wanted to try out with that addition and see how it went over with folks.  Though he has had some of his functionality broken since release it seems as he wasn't actually upgrading repaired items.  Not only will he be doing that in the next version, but he'll be getting a buff to how often it happens.

It is interesting, yeah, and I have nothing against expanding this type of functionality to other parts of the game. However, I do think that those possibilities should be there for the AI too. Of course, the item commisioning is kind of useless for the AI lords, but Iwould like to see Lords with their advisors, and patrols around their fiefs...

Actually the ability to repair beyond normal quality is very interesting. It gives a potential higher profit while purchasing low quality equipement to save a bit of money in the early days. And the cost reduction is of better help while focusing on an extreme high level of items, like lordly and masterwork ones. I wonder if you were about adding a stablemaster, or something like that in the same way as the blacksmith, to train horses and look after wounded horses.

Back
Top Bottom