Gekokujo: Submods (Announce, Release, Comment, and Suggest)

Users who are viewing this thread

PPQ_Purple said:
Delete it all and instal from scratch.

delete what? the modules or the game folder also?

the problems with face generation only happen when i install sugoroku 3.1.. installing gekokujo and patch it to 3.1 was just fine.. but after copying files from sugoroku, when i create character face generation doesn't work.. mesh are static eventhough i change the slides.. maybe there is conflict between sugoroku files with main game resource?

metal fake said:
PPQ_Purple said:

the problems with face generation only happen when i install sugoroku 3.1.. installing gekokujo and patch it to 3.1 was just fine.. but after copying files from sugoroku, when i create character face generation doesn't work.. mesh are static eventhough i change the slides.. maybe there is conflict between sugoroku files with main game resource?
The mod, obviously.

Also, forget 3.1. That version is buggy as hell.

PPQ_Purple said:
metal fake said:
PPQ_Purple said:

The mod, obviously.

Also, forget 3.1. That version is buggy as hell.

try to reinstall but the problem still there.. i try to replace some face meshes, and it seems the culprit is gekokujo_face.brf on sugoroku which creates the problems.. so i used original gekokujo's brf for that file and run the game.. then face generator works fine.. dunno what will change from that, but the brf files on sugoroku contain 1 mat and 3 textures addition although it seems the mat and textures doesn't linked..

btw, what's to forget? sugoroku 3.1 or gekokujo? is it better to use gekokujo 3.0?

metal fake said:
btw, what's to forget? sugoroku 3.1 or gekokujo? is it better to use gekokujo 3.0?
Basically what happened with this mod is that the original creator made a final polished version that works great. And that is 3.0. He than started working on a new version that would become 3.1 but real life got in the way and he could not work on it. So when he realized that he was not going to complete it at all he just released what he had, bugs and all as 3.1.

I think I'm 160 days into 3.1.  Haven't ran into any bugs.  Did anyone list them anywhere or do I have to go through previous posts on another thread?

Kharille said:
I think I'm 160 days into 3.1.  Haven't ran into any bugs.  Did anyone list them anywhere or do I have to go through previous posts on another thread?
-Castle doors are closed during infiltration.
-Sashimonos eventually disappear if random encounters are on.
-Random encounters may cause CTDs.

I think that´s it.

No castle door bugs.  After all these years, I've only started getting into sieges on gek 3 sug 3 in the past year. 

What is a sashimono?

CTDS?

No issues really, as yet.  I kept restarting, met some interesting bugs, my gek 3 sug 3 playthrough saw a bandit with a broken sword.  Also transferring saves from gek 3 sug 3 to 3.1 saw things like the sumo mask and demon mask, somehow I don't think I saw them in my recent gek 3.1 sug 3.1 game....

Hi guys! I have a quick question: Where can I find a "shield" sword? I saw that in Sugoroku there is "dual wield" units....
Cant find the item in the cheatmenu though

Aquilifer said:
Hi guys! I have a quick question: Where can I find a "shield" sword? I saw that in Sugoroku there is "dual wield" units....
You either need to tweak the cheatmenu to show the new items added by Sugoroku or wait till one of those "shield-swords" appear on the loot after a battle.

Here I explain how to do the tweak: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,305602.msg8637491.html#msg8637491

If the numbers are not exactly the same, look a couple of posts below that one as I also explain how to figure it out yourself.

Aquilifer said:
those swords can be found only in loot. If your "luck" irl parameter is high enough though...

Radetzky said:
Dear fellow Gekokujo enthusiasts. It is long since I first played this gem, and often returned to it as well as to the erudite posts on this subforum. As you might have seen, I have been considering a Bannerlord mod (amongst other platforms) centered around the ordinary life in past. Besides the presented settings, one that I also contemplated was the Edo period. Foremostly it fits majority of the criteria presented (except maybe, the availability of translated primary resources) and seems very suitable from other viewpoints as well - the Han as somewhat self-sustainable unit, except for the late period somewhat rigid society, in the end even the ban on wheeled transports or the later quite exagerated mediocrity and stagnation. I had considered writing this as a part of a new edition of my appeal, but then I thought it would be better to discuss it first, after the failure of my earlier attempts.

I am not sure why you would want to make a Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord mod set in a peaceful era of Japan's history when you have the Sengoku period to work with. Would your mod be more story driven than the sandbox setting Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord is likely to have?

Blitzking said:
I am not sure why you would want to make a Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord mod set in a peaceful era of Japan's history when you have the Sengoku period to work with.

The Edo period was far from peaceful for the average individual. For the first half of the era banditry was rife and there were sporadic rebellions which were more or less like localised civil wars, and the second half of the era was all about low level civil disruption and culture jamming by the merchant class, with political crises higher up in the social echelons.

Throughout the entire period there was a great deal of underlying conflict, culminating in a mass hysteria at the end of the period which would be fun to re-enact if nothing else. Even if the Edo era wasn't open warfare like the sengoku period, the warband gameplay loop of travelling and visiting cities would suit the period very well, especially if complimented with the suffocating rules of the shogunate.

What would be a really interesting mechanic would be to allow the AI to patrol with armies as usual, and allow the player to amass wealth and followers as usual, giving the opportunity to rebel against the Shogunate in a blaze of glory if they want to, even if it were extremely difficult to succeed.

Radetzky said:
The choice of the period is intentional and is in itself a declaration of my aims towards developing a fulfiling and engaging daily routine. That would of course involve deeper story elements, though within the framework of sandbox region. I described the ideas in the earlier threads already, most being relevant regardless of the setting chosen.​

That's something I would really like to see. I've always wanted this game to focus more on things other than combat. I've played a series of games called Way of the Samurai and they did a brilliant job of portraying what it was like to be a Ronin in various different era. It's far from being historically accurate, of course, as the games are set in fictional towns. I'm sure your goal would also be very fun like those games. I will read your thread in a bit.

Is there a way to edit the items that caravans carry? They all carry nothing more than a geta and kimono, its completely useless to raid them. I've googled it but had no luck.

Aruda said:
Is there a way to edit the items that caravans carry? They all carry nothing more than a geta and kimono, its completely useless to raid them. I've googled it but had no luck.
Have you tried giving the Caravan Master an array of trading goods and food?

Back
Top Bottom