Gekokujo: Submods (Announce, Release, Comment, and Suggest)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hm... thanks for that info. It is possible than that the fact I turned the temp minister into a hero also meant the animations had to be recompiled leading to the strange -0 vs 0 thing.

PPQ_Purple said:
Hm... thanks for that info. It is possible than that the fact I turned the temp minister into a hero also meant the animations had to be recompiled leading to the strange -0 vs 0 thing.
Did you try to make him just an NPC not a hero ? since he was like that before but with just few options (and you can't kill him so......)

imado552 said:
PPQ_Purple said:
Did you try to make him just an NPC not a hero ? since he was like that before but with just few options (and you can't kill him so......)
The hero flag is what determines if a NPC will have a randomly generated face or a fixed face. So no, I can not.

PPQ_Purple said:
imado552 said:
PPQ_Purple said:
The hero flag is what determines if a NPC will have a randomly generated face or a fixed face. So no, I can not.
ah i see well !  hope you can find a fix for all of the pb !

imado552 said:
PPQ_Purple said:
imado552 said:
PPQ_Purple said:
There is nothing to fix. Everything is working fine.

PPQ_Purple said:
imado552 said:
PPQ_Purple said:
imado552 said:
PPQ_Purple said:
There is nothing to fix. Everything is working fine.
oh ! my bad! then i'm happy to hear that!!

I mean no offense by this. But it would appear to me that either your grasp of the English language is deficient or you are very high strung.

PPQ_Purple said:
I mean no offense by this. But it would appear to me that either your grasp of the English language is deficient or you are very high strung.
hahaha neither of those sometimes i just get confused and think or understand things in a wrong way XD
i don't think of it as an offense !

I noticed that the Armour Improvement submod causes the Jinbaori boots to flicker. I tried disabling the loading of the old resource, but that just makes them show up completely white; and going back to the old ones means having to deal with more clipping issues. Is there any way to fix this?

PPQ_Purple said:
I have decided to publish something for a change. (A shock, I know! Me publishing something?) I've been talking way too much and giving way too little. And that just ain't fair. Plus the mod I am working on is super complex and will take ages. And I feel it's better for testing and publishing to be episodic. Therefore, I hereby present the first iteration of my work.

Version A: Dialog Improvements

This version is basically just my experimentation with the module system trying to figure stuff out and get something fun out of it. My focus has been on overhauling various dialog options as well as fixing some rather odd inconsistencies with how dialogs work (or rather don't!) as well as fixing the one big thing I hate about M&B.

As always, and you will get used to this with me, I have performed basic function testing on this but not extensive bug testing. What this means is that everything should work fine but I can not guarantee that there will not be bugs. If there are, feel free to call me and I will fix them.

That out of the way let's just dig into the features.

§1 Fully functional Default Minister.

Have you ever been tired of having to abandon a unkillable supersoldier with customizable gear that levels with you faithful companion in your castle as soon as you become king? Would you not so very much prefer to have them with you?
And just how is it anyway that the guy you can appoint, the default NPC that is supposed to be a skilled member of the local elite who has presumably bribed, conspired, sucked up and fought his way into your attention is somehow less qualified to be your minister than a fake sword master, random pacific islander or horse thief that you picked up on the side of a road?

Well fear no more, introducing your new prominent citizen from the area.
YhMinister.PNG
Yoshihisa, the default NPC minister is a fully functional minister that can do everything a companion could. What more, he now has a true unique model (well, face) and new unique dialogue lines which combine to create the appearance and personality of someone you know you can trust.

§2 General dialogue overhaul

- Having been sick and tired of scrolling up and down in the minister menu whilst testing this I have decided to overhaul the ministers dialog options. Now most of the options being split into two different categories "Domestic Affairs" and "Public Affairs" which makes navigating the conversation somewhat easier and just looks better.

- Ever had that annoying experience where you have an enemy lord trapped in your dungeon when his faction is dead and you know that he would join you but if you release him he is just going to disappear? Well no more. I have modified the dialogue option regarding captured lords to allow you to try and recruit lords which are in prison (any prison, not just yours).

Don't get any ideas though. Just because you have him in chains does not mean your argument is any more persuasive. I have not edited that part so you do not get any bonus.

- Ever had that annoying experience where you have an enemy king trapped in your dungeon so you can't sue for peace? Same deal. I've enabled that dialog option.

- Are you tired of the idiotic thing when after a while you get  permanent injuries that happen after X days if you lose a battle? That's gone. I have physically commented that part of the code out.

- Growing tired of reading your morale report? Want a little bit of extra immersion? Well now you can for I have added a new option to your regular troops that lets them give you a report on the party morale. Not as useful as the proper numbers but a little something for fun.

Compatibility:

This submod has been built on Gekokujo 3.0. It has not been tested to work with any other submods or the 3.1 patch. I have no intentions of migrating to 3.1 just yet. But if anyone has a submod that clashes with this one and would like to make a comparability patch feel free. Just don't pass my work off as your own and you're golden.

Installation instructions:

Unpack the contents of the .7z archive and  move the files into the folder of your Gekokujo mod installation. Overwrite any existing files when prompted.

>> Download <<
sorry i'm super late for this university is killing me T-T i just finished testing this and its quite good but i found out two things one i'm sure it dosn't work the second i don't know if you did it that way for a reason but here we go

-when you ask your troops about how they are doing (moral )and when you have a party of 50 men they say they are happy being in this small elite party and everything looks normal in their dialogue but then i tried testing with a huge army (used cheats of course just to test it out) and i had an army of 160+ men and i still got the same answer like how can a party of 160+ men be the same size "SMALL" as 50 men party hope you can take a look at that !
a pics to show you that !!
7o2clJG.jpg
I0DuqjY.jpg
- and for lords when you take them prisoners when i tried speaking with them when they were in my party i got no dialogue just the usual i swear i won't run away thing then nothing . then i tried putting them in a prison in my castle i tried speaking with them i only found the new option can we speak something private thing (so i was wondering if you intended to it like that like you need to have a high rel with them as when they are not your prisoners which it did work ) but my question here is did you intend to not add it (this feature/dialogue)to when they are prisoners in your party just wondering ?
some pics to show that
24ODG3M.jpg
Ooz8ORu.jpg

but everything looks great i like the minister thing the most (wishing if you could do that with the others for eco and military guys that would be more amazing !!
he looks more useful now lol
UoghcML.jpg
now i'll try to test the Ezo troops thing and i'll replay back in that thread !!     

Hi I have a question about sugoroku

so there is a lot of items added and most of them are not available to buy or find is there anyway to access them?

LeBleuH8R said:
Hi I have a question about sugoroku

so there is a lot of items added and most of them are not available to buy or find is there anyway to access them?
well, about 90-95% of all items are available in markets. But there are also unic items.

Aruda said:
You can edit menus.txt and make them visible thru the cheat menu. There's a tutorial in the forum.

Where can I find it I don't feel like going through a 100 pages.

Also I'am using the latest version on moddb (gekokujo 3.1 with suguroku and 3 shogun armor)

LeBleuH8R said:
Aruda said:
You can edit menus.txt and make them visible thru the cheat menu. There's a tutorial in the forum.

Also I'am using the latest version on moddb (gekokujo 3.1 with suguroku and 3 shogun armor)

Articulo34 said:
I just saw a tweak by kraggrim about increasing the number of items that appear on the cheat menu and I decided to try it with Sugoroku. It works, so for anyone who is interested, here it goes:

1-Back up menus.txt file.
2-Open it and find "menu_cheat_find_item 0" (without the quote marks)
3-There you will find three instances of this number "288230376151714399", you must replace the last three numbers (399) with "483" on each instance so it becomes "288230376151714483"
4-Save and check if it works. The number of items should reach now to 738.

Articulo34 said:
LeBleuH8R said:
Aruda said:

Articulo34 said:
I just saw a tweak by kraggrim about increasing the number of items that appear on the cheat menu and I decided to try it with Sugoroku. It works, so for anyone who is interested, here it goes:

3-There you will find three instances of this number "288230376151714399", you must replace the last three numbers (399) with "483" on each instance so it becomes "288230376151714483"

Thank you so much

Articulo34 said:
LeBleuH8R said:
Aruda said:

Articulo34 said:

I tried what you said but I don't have 288230376151714399 in my menus.txt

Maybe Hasegawa changed/upgraded something since I did that and the numbers have changed.

Try going to "menu_cheat_find_item 0" and see if you can see any number that resembles the one I posted. There has to be three instances of it, all close to one another. All you have to do is add to that number the amount of extra items that DO NOT appear in the cheat menu. For instance, if the number is "288230376151714399" and there are 50 items that do not appear in cheat menu then the final number would be "288230376151714449" (288230376151714399 + 50 = 288230376151714449).

DO NOT FORGET TO MAKE A BACKUP FIRST!

Back
Top Bottom