Gekokujo: Bugs and Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Articulo34 said:
Trial and error. I can tell you that the shortest Omri Yari (280 something in length) cannot be couched.

Yeah I kinda figured as much. Thanks for the help. Having a hard time trying to find which places make good cavalry, though I'm quickly noticing that japan seems to be very anti cavalry

Cavalry in Gekokujo is not made to charge an infantry formation. It´s made to destroy archers/gunners, take an enemy formation on the back while it fights another infantry formation and/or chasing routing enemies.

Articulo34 said:
Cavalry in Gekokujo is not made to charge an infantry formation. It´s made to destroy archers/gunners, take an enemy formation on the back while it fights another infantry formation and/or chasing routing enemies.

What would you suggest for a good infantry unit?

Shishio said:
If you are playing Gekokujo 3.1 then it´s Elite Spearmen. They are cheaper to recruit than Samurai and in a cohesive formation they perform admirably. They are also easy to replace. You are better off using Samurai for Gunners/Archers and Cavalry. I usually have 70 Samurai performing those roles (50 + 20).

However, if you are looking to "solo" your way through towns and castles alike, then I recommend you get Hatamoto Guards and/or Elite Naginata Monks which are basically the highest infantry tiers within the game. Monks hit harder than Hatamoto, but their lack of helmets makes them easy prey to even low tier skirmishers.

Articulo34 said:
If you are playing Gekokujo 3.1 then it´s Elite Spearmen. They are cheaper to recruit than Samurai and in a cohesive formation they perform admirably. They are also easy to replace. You are better off using Samurai for Gunners/Archers and Cavalry. I usually have 70 Samurai performing those roles (50 + 20).

However, if you are looking to "solo" your way through towns and castles alike, then I recommend you get Hatamoto Guards and/or Elite Naginata Monks which are basically the highest infantry tiers within the game. Monks hit harder than Hatamoto, but their lack of helmets makes them easy prey to even low tier skirmishers.

Where do you get hatamoto? And what unit is the most heavily armored?

Shishio said:
Where do you get hatamoto? And what unit is the most heavily armored?
Hatamoto are the most armored troops. They are the top notch of the Samurai tree line and every clan gets two types that can be: Guard (Infantry), Archer, Gunner and/or Cavalry. There is a README folder within Gekokujo´s that includes a JPG file with a table that will tell you which clan has which type of elite troops. For instance, the Date are experts in melee with Elite Spearmen, Hatamoto Guards and also Hatamoto Cavalry.

All clans follow the same troop pattern (except the Ikko Ikki, which is not exactly a clan).

Articulo34 said:
Shishio said:

^This

Ever since the 3.1 Patch, spearmen can perform glorious overhead thrusts. When you have a pack of elite spearmen fighting together you'll pretty much destory all infantry/cavalry (Excluding Hatamotos/Officers). It's to the point where I wonder if melee samurai are still worth their cost at this point.

Articulo34 said:
InstantHax said:
It's to the point where I wonder if melee samurai are still worth their cost at this point.
Nothing beats a Hatamoto Guard in a siege. Be it breaking through or holding the line, they are the best.
True, but stray bullets always seem to find my Hatamoto guards ._.

Rest in 100%+ difficulty

Huge bug that is very annoying.

If you're razing a village, and an enemy lord attacks and you win it bugs out. You fight in the village, and if you win it bugs out and will not give you the option to exit when all enemy troops are killed. Your troops will celebrate and all of that, but when you hit tab the only option is to retreat...Even though you won the battle, your team takes it as a loss because you have to retreat, and you lose morale and companions get upset. You also don't get the option to loot, capture the enemy lord or gain reputation with your faction. This has happened 2/2 times for me, both times I was knocked out...not sure if it occurs if the character isn't knocked unconscious.

Attempting to assault Nara I found that the initial bridge is too high off the ground to cross. The AI will also refuse to follow me through the river, instead running back to the bridge and futilely attempting to cross it.

imgur.com/qitWasK

Encountered two bugs while playing 3.1:
First is the already mentioned Freelancer siege defense bug, so I won't go into further detail about that.

Second is a graphics issue - the Date Retainer armor and Yukino****a armor display weird textures when equipped, and sometimes 'flicker' through several other armor textures during combat.
I tried downloading the 3.0 rar and re-extracting the texture files from there, but it didn't seem to fix it.

Drasis said:
Encountered two bugs while playing 3.1:
First is the already mentioned Freelancer siege defense bug, so I won't go into further detail about that.

Second is a graphics issue - the Date Retainer armor and Yukino****a armor display weird textures when equipped, and sometimes 'flicker' through several other armor textures during combat.
I tried downloading the 3.0 rar and re-extracting the texture files from there, but it didn't seem to fix it.

I had the same prob, but I could solve it by going into the start options, before u chosse the mod u wanna play .
go to graphics and use direkt X11. afterwards its done

Thanks guys for making such a great mod! I'm a long time Floris player and finally moved on to something new. 

I was wondering are there any plans to have enemies killed counter for companions in future versions?

I always liked keeping track of how many guys each of my companions killed in Floris and would like to see something similar here.

Thanks and keep up the great work.

How does the Begging and Pickpocketing System work? I understand how mugging works, but I cant figure begging out.

Dear Dev,
Happy to hear your father got well, and happy about your new computer. Wish you even better ones in the future....
I would like to report a big gamebreaker bug:
Is it only me because no one else seems to be complaining, I don' know.
I played it both in 3.0 in English and 3.1 in Japanese language conversion, had the problem in both.

THE BUG IS:
Whenever I join a faction as a vassal (as a mercenary it works fine), a few weeks later the weekly budget gets messed up. THOUGH IT LOOKS LIKE I AM EARNING ABOUT 10000 MON FROM MY PRODUCTIVE ENTERPRISES IT DOESN'T SHOW THE MONEY IN MY INVENTORY.
The weekly budgets screen shows right both the income of that week and the total amount of money, yet in reality I am not getting the money.
SO IT APPEARS SOMETHING ABOUT HAVING A FACTION OR BEING INVOLVED IN A FACTION HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE BUG.

BY THE WAY the income doesn't add when I capture new castles or when I accept ransom for the prisoners either.
BUT the money I earn from trade works fine.

I tried turning on the cheats and adding that amount I am supposed to be earning weekly but that really is not enjoyable. I can't even enjoy a game when the save option is on, getting free money through cheating even when it is the money I deserve just breaks the immersion.

I don't want to have to keep trading to upkeep hundreds of warriors through trading.
Since I had backed up the save file before having my own kingdom, I am safe now. If the problem is solved I will be able to resume.

ANOTHER MONEY ISSUE THAT MIGHT BE A BUG:
In 3.1 when I captured Hirosaki it showed, in the income screen afterwards, that I earned 40000 mon from Utou, which is just a village.
This mod is great for me in that it takes place in Japan. It is a masterpiece.I can't bring myself to play others anymore. Hope this receives tour attention... Thanks for the great effort you have already put into this.

Back
Top Bottom