Game quits to desktop many times and no response on Paradox help ticket

Users who are viewing this thread

Emzz

Recruit
I submitted a paradox help ticket but it's gotten no response after 2 or 3 weeks and it's pissing me off I can't even use this program I paid money for (which is damn rare due to **** games big companies like to produce these days). this is pretty much my ticket contents:

I'll start off by saying this is for With Fire and Sword but there's no option under what game it regards so I put the closest option (Warband).

I keep getting something like C++ Visual Runtime errors when battles try to load and on the off occasion that a battle does load it will usually quit after a minute or two of playing. I got these errors with the demo and now that I've bought the product I feel ripped off. Sometimes it doesn't give me the error, it'll just freeze while starting to load the battle (at the screen where you talk to who you're fighting).

1.38 is more stable but I still have a 50% of it loading a battle or not. With 1.40 it's not playable, I'm stuck in this frigging game and there's nothing I can do (I've searched through the forums to no avail). I've reinstalled it about 10 times by now and I've even resorted to downloading a cracked EXE thinking that maybe it's a problem with my serial code or the code checking system ingame. I want to play this game and I've damn paid my fee, BUT I CAN'T GO INTO A BATTLE.

Also a sidenote, Warband seemed to have the same glitch towards some of the higher patches and I stopped playing it due to that. It didn't make the game unplayable, though it would quit between 10-20 battles or sometimes while an extended battle was playing out.

Oh and I have a quad core amd with 4gb ram, win7 32bit, GTX 465, so specs are on par. (end of ticket)

Anyways this is total BS I can't even play online either and my friend who damn pirated this seems to have no (or at least many fewer) problems with it. I mean he's still playing it and I haven't been able to since... Well since the end of may sometime around 1.39 was released. Thats when the small problems like quest dead ends stopped happening because bigger problems started to occur (not loading any 3d scenes like battles and taverns and stuff like that.  Oh and to update my ticket post it now doesn't even run stable when I reinstall to 1.38 now. Jeez dude I really am going after a refund if they don't get this playable soon, what did I pay for? the ability to go back to M&B Vanilla? That ran SO MUCH more stable during the EFFING BETA!!! DX7 has same problem and I wouldn't want to switch to that anyway due to how blobby everything looks and HOW I PAID FOR AN APPARENTLY WORKING PRODUCT.

PS disabling HDR made it load battles sometimes, but it's about 5 times starting the game that I'll be able to play half a battle before quit and trying to find another fix on the internet. Also error message doesn't always appear sometimes it just says it stopped working and needs to quit.

Actually, I have been getting the error too and hoping it would get fixed soon enough. I get the runtime error when I choose to play on Directx 9 and have to decrease the setting to Directx 7 (which still gets me the same error but a lot less frequently).

Before introducing a full-on patch, it would be really nice to provide one that fixes this single issue. I doubted my software and hardware config at the beginning but a lot of people seem to be experiencing the same.

I am not going to directly put the blame on Taleworlds though. If you guys think it is some sort of personal software-hardware issue, please do clarify the situation for me and the others.

Many others,myself included are having the same error, which happens during any loading events.
It's always a coin flip when there is a battle with a lot of troops.
Sometimes I win like 5-6 battles,I press "Commence Fight" to fight the last remaining troops and bam the error comes forcing me to start the whole sequence all over again and hoping it won't crash whenever i click the commence button.

Out of curiosity, what codec pack are you using for ogg sound files?  Anything unusual?

Do this - open media player, then go to help->about windows media player -> click on "Technical Support Information", which is a link on that window.

If you don't have a menu bar you can enable it in view->show menu bar

That pops up a window that shows your codecs. 

Look at the section that says "Audio Codecs".  You can paste the result here.

I'm wondering if the people crashing have anything in common on their ogg vorbis codec - because that is the first thing that happens in a battle is that X*# of troops sound events get spawned immediately as they all draw weapons.

Ok Nox, I use the Kazaa Lite Mega Codec Pack and below is my codec info as requested:

ACM Microsoft IMA ADPCM CODEC 0011
ACM Microsoft CCITT G.711 A-Law ve u-Law CODEC 0007
ACM Microsoft GSM 6.10 Müzik CODEC 0031
ACM Microsoft ADPCM CODEC 0002
ACM Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec (decode only) 0055
ACM Messenger Audio Codec 028E
ACM AC-3 ACM Codec 2000
ACM LAME MP3 Codec v0.9.2 - 3.98.2 0001
ACM Microsoft PCM Dönüştürücüsü 0001
DMO WMAudio Decoder DMO 0160, 0161, 0162, 0163 WMADMOD.DLL 6.1.7601.17514
DMO WMAPro over S/PDIF DMO 0162 WMADMOD.DLL 6.1.7601.17514
DMO WMSpeech Decoder DMO 000A, 000B WMSPDMOD.DLL 6.1.7601.17514
DMO MP3 Decoder DMO 0055 mp3dmod.dll 6.1.7600.16385

Edit: Sorry, some words are in Turkish but if you cannot figure out what they might be, I will translate them for you.

Does your codec pack allow you to pick different codecs? 

If so, can you try setting :

Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec (decode only)    0055

as your default MP3 audio playback and tell me if that helps?

I have Windows7 with  VLC,Media Player Classic HomeCinema,Winamp and Windows Media Player installed.
The players add codecs,but other than that I'm not using other codec packages.
Here are mine as well:

Audio Codecs
Type Name Format Binary Version
ACM Microsoft IMA ADPCM CODEC 0011 imaadp32.acm 6.1.7600.16385
ACM Microsoft CCITT G.711 A-Law and u-Law CODEC 0007 msg711.acm 6.1.7600.16385
ACM Microsoft GSM 6.10 Audio CODEC 0031 msgsm32.acm 6.1.7600.16385
ACM Microsoft ADPCM CODEC 0002 msadp32.acm 6.1.7600.16385
ACM Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec (decode only) 0055 l3codeca.acm 1.9.0.401
ACM Messenger Audio Codec 028E sirenacm.dll 14.0.8117.416
ACM Microsoft PCM Converter 0001 
DMO WMAudio Decoder DMO 0160, 0161, 0162, 0163 WMADMOD.DLL 6.1.7601.17514
DMO WMAPro over S/PDIF DMO 0162 WMADMOD.DLL 6.1.7601.17514
DMO WMSpeech Decoder DMO 000A, 000B WMSPDMOD.DLL 6.1.7601.17514
DMO MP3 Decoder DMO 0055 mp3dmod.dll 6.1.7600.16385

____

It does allow me and I will change it right away. However, I will not be able to provide you with the results right away as I will be playing in something like 3 hours.

Thanks a lot for you attention and help in any case Nox.

Are either of you using any troop size modifiers?  And out of curiosity what kinds of troops are your battles that crash?  Also, if you could - try launching some smaller battles and see if those crash as well.

Lastly, testing with sound disabled would certainly isolate it if that cures the crash issue.

nox said:
Does your codec pack allow you to pick different codecs? 

If so, can you try setting :

Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec (decode only)    0055

as your default MP3 audio playback and tell me if that helps?

For people that dont have WMC installed, what parameter is the "0055" ?
I have currently this codec on 9th priority score, but with "(advanced)" instead of "(decode only)".
Thx for your help here Nox.

------------ edit ------------------
Personnaly, I crash even during bandits trap in city/town ^^
Or without crashing directly, I freez with xxx fps and sound in loop. Sometimes I can retake game control through TaskManager. It can happend even once battle already on this way (little battle, less than 30 fighters in all).

Surprising for me, I am not allowed to change the codec for audio it seems. I thought Kazaa Lite CP allowed that but it doesn't apparently.

As for battle size, the adjustment is default. I never modified it.

DIABOLGROTESQUE said:
Surprising for me, I am not allowed to change the codec for audio it seems. I thought Kazaa Lite CP allowed that but it doesn't apparently.

As for battle size, the adjustment is default. I never modified it.

I was wondering if the size of the battles is affecting your crashes.

The size of the battle does not affect the crash.
The crash can happen(is happening) whenever ANY event is loading when you press the relevant "Continue" button to start.Whether that is attack by thiefs in a city at night,event that you are trying to escape once discovered, a normal battle in the open with tiny or massive army on both sides, a siege and what not; it doesn't matter what it is or how many troops there are.The crash only happens during that loading sequence.

I will try it later on with sounds disabled, I suggest others do the same and we report here after one-two hours of playing.

Well, with my current progress, I always fight armies of 60 at most and I get the crashes at random (with an enemy group of only 20 sometimes, for example). It happens either when entering or after concluding a battle. The strange thing is I get the same error on multiplayer at random when there is a map change. Underlined, again, is the fact that it happens with Directx 9 on.

Edit: Haven't ever engaged in siege on story mode.

Back
Top Bottom