Game of Thrones - HBO TV series based on 'A Song of Ice and Fire'

Users who are viewing this thread

Long live Moon Boy, the First of his Name, King of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm!

in short leaks are true
dany orders the execution of tyrion, tyrion tries to convince jon that dany will be cruel. jon tries to persuade dany to forgive tyrion. dany shows no sign of remorse and jon stabs her. drogon(?) feels her death, comes to the throne room, gets mad and melts the throne, takes her and flies away. remaining lords and ladies of great houses elect bran as the new king and decide kings will be elected thereafter. Sansa declares and gets independence of the north. bran condemns jon to night's watch and makes tyrion his hand.  Unsullied go to the isle of naath, arya becomes christopher columbus

Well, just gonna say this.

To my utter surprise, I liked it quite a bit. I found it surprisingly satisfactory. Not too many plot holes this time around either.

The ending felt calm, serene and meaningful. It felt resolute. (Is that right to say?)

I'm surprised how well it turned out to my liking given that they have absolutely destroyed, shat on, regurgitated and then spat out the night king arc. Such a shame that, it just doesn't tie in well with the rest. I'm not sure if I am less or more butthurt about night king arc now since this actually turned out surprisingly good.

In a word... meh, I guess. They could've ****ed up way worse, but it wasn't what I'd been hoping for. I mean, I'm sure they were bound to disappoint bunches of people no matter what they did, and this time I just happen to be one of the disappointed. Not disappointed and angry, just... meh. I was hoping the show would go out on a high/exciting note. Show the characters happy, show people getting what they want/deserve after all these seasons, have some cool scenes that aren't huge CGI battles. I'm not saying go full Disney, but... one last chance to have some fun, give characters a good ending, and make the viewers enjoy themselves, you know? I mean, I guess Jon, Sansa, and Arya got what they wanted, and I thought their endings made sense. That being said, nothing was cool; nothing was exciting; none of the characters seemed particularly happy, so I couldn't feel particularly happy for them. It didn't feel like a fun episode to watch. In fact, as GoT episodes go, I'd say it'd be pretty low on my list of ones I'd want to see again anytime soon. Not because it was bad, per se, just because it was... meh. Could've been better.

The one truly funny moment, though, was Sansa all but telling Edmure to sit down and shut up. That was good.

One thing I got fed up with during this season, though, was the show always feeling the need the reference itself, as if calling back to its 'glory days' and saying "See, I'm still cool, right guys?" In this episode alone we had Jon quoting Maester Aemon; Tyrion mentioning "pissing off the edge of the world"; Tyrion moving the goddamn chairs in the Small Council chamber; and Tyrion starting his "I once brought a jackass and a honeycomb into a brothel" joke, which he never finishes (because he never does). Even the scene where Tyrion is being brought into the Dragonpit felt like a reference to the scene where we enter the Dragonpit for the big meeting in season 7. Even though I haven't hated this season as much as it seems like everyone else has, I've still felt like a show must be getting in the **** if the writers feel the need to reference themselves this much.

Dissappointing. No beyond it. The scene at where Tyrion in a cell tries to convience Jon to kill Dany, he still says something like she is my quenn after she just slaughtered a city. I mean COME ON.
Tyrion asks would you do it if you were on drogo, Jon answers I don't know. What! This is Jon who singlehandedly made peace between Wildlings and Night's Watch just because he didn't want people to die.

Yeah, a good king needs a good story and she/he should be crippled. WTF! How about Sansa declares independence and other kingdoms just say okay. I mean WHAT.

The **** new system, as soon as Bran dies, every other kingdoms will vote for themselves. WTF!!!!!!!!!!

This is a **** insult. This is beyond ridiculousness. I read the leaks but watching them on the screen was something else.

Edit:
Forget to write it. Tree eyed raven wants to appoint a master of whisperers. WHAT THE ****!!!!!

A master of whispers doesn't just collect information for the crown (something Bran would presumably not need), he also disseminates misinformation for the crown.

I really liked the choral rendition of the main theme. For everything else, Harington nailed it perfectly: disappointing.

Those poor actors though. Clarke was probably told to "look like a psycho", and Bran's actor was probably told, for the whole of this season really, to "look like you've popped one Xanax too many".

It's snowing and winter is here?! Again?! Where was it yesterday, disappearing since the end of the previous season? Where did it also disappear "a few weeks" later? Did they only just remember to add the snow back in so the throne room looks like Dany's old vision? Why am I even asking?

So Drogon takes Dany's corpse away. How exactly did everyone find out she'd been stabbed in the heart? Jon could've just rolled with "oh, she hopped on Drogon and left us all, why?, well, because I happen to be Aegon Targaryen and didn't want to shag my aunt". Done and done. Instead, Jon gets shipped off the Night's Watch to pacify the Unsullied, who aren't even on the continent any more. If that's not stupid, I don't know what is. Then again, this entire season's been nothing but stupid things, so that's not too surprising?

Bran's bound to make a great king. I'm sure he'll stop constantly speaking in cryptic statements. Other than that, there's something good to be said about making the living library your king. It's nice, even if it's a little silly that the lords would consider him at all. I also didn't mind Sansa ending up a Queen in the North, but Arya disappoints once again. I expected her to say she's going back to Braavos, or to want to go and see what's in Old Valyria or Asshai and the Shadowlands beyond... Eh.

What else? Oh yeah, Bronn being the Master of Coin and the entire council scene at the end felt like something you'd see in a parody. What the absolute **** was that?

And we end with Jon heading out beyond the wall with the wildlings. Why do the wildlings wanna go back to the icy wastes again, when a few seasons ago they were so keen on pushing through the wall and settling in the North, which is exactly what Jon offered them a while back? Why weren't we even told what's going on, whether Jon was made Lord Commander of the Watch again, or at the very least told why he wants to go beyond the wall in the first place? Why's he even there when the Unsullied aren't here to give a ****? Why am I even asking these questions?!

Well, it could've been worse, I guess. But that's true of everything, so it's not much of a challenge to beat.
If this is how the books end, I trust Martin to come up with a better explanation of why things happen the way they do. He'd better come up with one.

Pretty ****e, only good part was the brief small council scene where it reminded me of how good the earlier seasons were. Wouldn't mind a spin off following the characters, exploration of the western ocean or something.

Back
Top Bottom