Game of Thrones - HBO TV series based on 'A Song of Ice and Fire'

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't think they were just leaving him alone in the forest. Just no one happened upon him except those two dudes that did, in fact, try and kill him before Brienne showed up. Surely they would've made the rounds looking for him once things had settled down a tiny bit. And his name and legit claim to the throne are two reasons not to take him alive.

Dawnut said:
His Baratheon name, being the only "true" ruler, messing around with black magic... just for starters.

And who would be there to ransom him? Why would the Boltons want Stannis alive? Boltons are loyal (ish) to the Lannisters. There might be some Stannis supporters, but if they paid for ransom, they'd then be outed and publicly destroyed.  :lol:

Vieira said:
Dawnut said:
His Baratheon name, being the only "true" ruler, messing around with black magic... just for starters.

And who would be there to ransom him? Why would the Boltons want Stannis alive? Boltons are loyal (ish) to the Lannisters. There might be some Stannis supporters, but if they paid for ransom, they'd then be outed and publicly destroyed.  :lol:

Alright then, there might not be much value in capturing him, but in killing him, which I mentioned aswell. It just looks weird to me that they would not care much about such a person, and for Brienne to get him instead for whatever thing she's planning, conveniently for the show. We agree to disagree I guess :smile:

I think the scene was strange, maybe because they don't show how the rest of the battle plays up, and from the initial position you'd expect Stannis to be on the middle of that field in the frontline.

About that other argument, Stannis was also neck deep in debts with the Iron Bank, he was ****ed in any scenario that wasn't a decisive victory over the Boltons, which needless to say had nearly zero chances of happening.

Stannis could have started in the front, but gradually fallen behind as units moved forward to protect him. Plus I'd assume they routed at some point.

Olly's parents were killed by the wildling raiding party led by Tormund. Jon went beyond the wall with Tormund to save the wildlings.
Jon lost some quantity of the brothers with him while fighting the Other. And when he came back with the wildlings, some of the brothers, Olly included saw this as treason.
So, group mentality mixed with feelings of anger and bitternes inside for lost loved ones.

Also no doubt for the sake of "Et tu, Brute?" moment.

I have stumbled upon this, on the wheel speech :lol:
http://thelordberic.tumblr.com/post/120767932071/we-interviewed-the-man-who-was-with-khaleesi-when

How does someone walk into mordor?

With 20 good men (shirtless) :lol:

Another awesomeness I have stumbled upon https://www.facebook.com/ramsaysmen

xI26O.jpg

Back
Top Bottom