In Progress Game freezes & causes complete hardware reboot

Users who are viewing this thread

Summary: At a random point of my singleplayer campaign (running around the world map, being in a battle, talking to people) the game freezes. This causes me to reboot my hardware, since I can't open taskmanager. This is really nerve-wracking. I even tried to do multiple stress test on prim95 - they all just work fine. Complete hardware is updated. Since I don't know what to do now, I just wanted to make a proper thread about this.
How to Reproduce: Theres no specific action I can tell you, how to reproduce it sadly.
Quest/Settlement Name (if related): -
Media (Screenshots & Video): -
Version: since 1.0.0 till 1.1.0 (tried every single version - and in every version this occurs)
Computer Specs:
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (12 CPUs)
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. Z370M D3H-CF
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung SSD PM871b 256GB

Welcome to the club. At the moment we're all sitting in the dark, hoping the devs will believe us that it isn't a hardware issue on our end.

Many of us are also affected

Scene changes seem to be the biggest culprit, as far as I can see it's causing the player's CPU to skyrocket to 100% for several seconds.
However this giant spike also appears at random on the campaign map too.

Ok so a while back I posted a crash report about my game crashing. Not sure if the image upload works now, but this is how my game looks like before crashing: it worked just fine for about 35+hrs of gameplay beforehand (not consecutive, obvs!)

Since the 1.0.10 build it started working again, but today it crashed in the same manner - rebooted my computer and now my display looks like this:

I've seen a lot other posts debating whether it's the game causing these crashes or if people's hardwares are just out-dated and need replacing... looks like I've just joined the club as well...

Try to set lower Frame Limiter setting. This will help alot your CPU to not fail with continous turboboost mode. Seems that your CPU without limits works at stressed mode and overheating and trottling to prevent its damage.

Try to set lower Frame Limiter setting. This will help alot your CPU to not fail with continous turboboost mode. Seems that your CPU without limits works at stressed mode and overheating and trottling to prevent its damage.

2080ti +9700k playing with 60 FPS cap shouldn't be causing hard reboots.

PSA!
A very kind dev just responded to me via message just recently, and told me they are looking into it and will hopefully come out with a fix ASAP.
Hoping that puts some of your minds at ease that they are aware of the issue and are doing something about it.
Until then, I would be very careful about playing the game (My opinion) if you're experiencing hard reboot crashes.

Ok so a while back I posted a crash report about my game crashing. Not sure if the image upload works now, but this is how my game looks like before crashing: it worked just fine for about 35+hrs of gameplay beforehand (not consecutive, obvs!)

Since the 1.0.10 build it started working again, but today it crashed in the same manner - rebooted my computer and now my display looks like this:

I've seen a lot other posts debating whether it's the game causing these crashes or if people's hardwares are just out-dated and need replacing... looks like I've just joined the club as well...

If you still have that messed up screen, install DDU and let it remove your Nvidia/AMD GPU drivers and redownload and install them. That should hopefully fix that screen.

It won't fix the game crashing tho, that's on the devs to fix (albeit you're the first person I see who has this screen issue after the game crashing).

If you still have that messed up screen, install DDU and let it remove your Nvidia/AMD GPU drivers and redownload and install them. That should hopefully fix that screen.

It won't fix the game crashing tho, that's on the devs to fix (albeit you're the first person I see who has this screen issue after the game crashing).

Yea I'll go ahead and do that... and I think I'll wait a long time before trying to play Bannerlords again >,<

"There is a problem with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 device. For more information, search for 'graphics device driver error code 43' "

PSA!
A very kind dev just responded to me via message just recently, and told me they are looking into it and will hopefully come out with a fix ASAP.
Hoping that puts some of your minds at ease that they are aware of the issue and are doing something about it.
Until then, I would be very careful about playing the game (My opinion) if you're experiencing hard reboot crashes.

That is awesome to hear, there are tons of threads about this on the front few pages so it definitely an issue a lot of people are having.

There are serious problems, especially with newer cards (10 series and above). Look in windows event viewer and copy/paste the exact errors so they know what to look for or what others can help with.

Hey there Taleworlds!

Since the recent update (1.3.0 Beta branch) came out earlier today, I thought I'd try it out again. Sadly I have to report that Im still experiencing hardware crashes at random intervalls. Sometimes it's when running around the campaign map & sometimes during battle.
So I thought I might test my pc again - GPU stress test went perfectly as well as other CPU stress tests. I seriously do not know what to do anymore, and I really hope this is not being forgotten since I'm not buying a whole new pc just to be able to play Bannerlord - when other games run perfectly smooth on my specs.

Would really appreciate it, if you guys dont stop working on this matter (what I do not think). Just a friendly reminder from an old beloved fan of the series. Keep up the work TW!

Last edited:
Hey there Taleworlds!

Since the recent update (1.3.0 Beta branch) came out earlier today, I thought I'd try it out again. Sadly I have to report that Im still experiencing hardware crashes at random intervalls. Sometimes it's when running around the campaign map & sometimes during battle.
So I thought I might test my pc again - GPU stress test went perfectly as well as other CPU stress tests. I seriously do not know what to do anymore, and I really hope this is not being forgotten since I'm not buying a whole new pc just to be able to play Bannerlord - when other games run perfectly smooth on my specs.

Would really appreciate it, if you guys dont stop working on this matter (what I do not think). Just a friendly reminder from an old beloved fan of the series. Keep up the work TW!
Bummer, hoped it would be fixed by now.

Hi all, i have informed the devs about the problem persisting with the new patches and i am sure there will be a fix as soon as possible.

Back
Top Bottom