Game error - too large model ? Need help !

Users who are viewing this thread

MAXHARDMAN

Knight
So i make large model and put it in game , from BRF editor 0.83b
Editor separete model to 350+ parts ( ye BIG model  :wink: ) After i start game and place model in scene , after same time , i have error :

i-257.jpg

So if anyone know reason , why game make error , pleace help me  :cry:

I got this error a few times as well. A very weird one. When I had it, I think it was caused by too many of the same scene props in one scene (>30 or something). Of course it might be, that you had a different reason.

wooh~ what are you building? an planet? :shock:
you can combine all those parts which share the same material.

this MNB system is always short of registers

damn!
i just meet this error too!
i was trying to build a huge palaces group  in a village, when i added almost the 50th building(every one has about 3 or 5 parts), this error window jump out :evil:
is there any solution for this ****? i want to build some great cities, and maybe the TLD team is building white city, what should we do?

Thanks You All for Advice :wink:

I think its maybe many scene props ( but i place only one in village scene) , or soon many mesh in one model . I make before big dangon , so he have more poly almoust 12000 and 150 parts . But work fine , now i have 7800 poly and 350+ parts , and its give error , so im think its parts error .

I try remake model , like say WilliamBerne ( can combine all those parts which share the same material. ) and also separete for few scen probs .
If it work i write it hire  :wink:

ps I make now same big work , with my priveous expiriense , when i work for CTW beta , so you know about same later  :wink:

the number of polies should not be the problem, cause many of my palace houses have over 15000 triangles(with only 6 or 7 parts), and even though I managed to add a lot of them in to that scene before it crashed, like I said, almost 50 building were added in.

tomorrow i will have a try, do nothing except keeping on adding new objs, destructive test.
if I get some meaningful result, I will post here. :twisted:

the way to do it is to build a model of the complete section or city or whatever of multiple brf models in an editor likie wings, then export it and save as one brf - requiring that you reskin everything you built to draw from one .dds file.

somewhere in the ancient annals of the threads a year or so ago this was addressed, as well as errors with too many models in a scene, and load up times for a large poly scene. large polys didn't crash the scene, but high poly draws slowed loadup and movement on lower end graphics cards. still happens in a couple of the town and castle sieges - there's just too many things to draw.

my advice/recommendation then was to simulate a large town or city by having a multitude of scenes that connect when you go to a gate or whatever, so that you enetr the next section of town as if it was a doorway... like going from town center to the docks to the slums to the merchant quarter to the castle, etc.... advantage to this would be fast load times, ability to tag certain common scenes for multiple citys, as well as allowing for the implementation of random events ie muggings, beggers offering information, people needing help, whatever... kinda like what was done in the Shattenlander mod, or whatever it was called.

in any case, those are a couple of ideas on handling it.  maw

as you can see, i added 62 meshes named palace_veranda2(and other early things), and the game is still there~~
this palace_veranda2 has 4 parts and 1576 faces.
i really don't know what to say...

veranda2xo4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom