Version number
v.1.2.9
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2024-02-29_14.43.57_bab22b226dc1bbe8b8a06b73bb7b72c6
Summary: Load up game begins to load then an error comes up saying fatal error while checking sound bank files. CRC Check failed.
-file: *-bank.
-error: Validation failure
How to Reproduce:Every time i try to load the game
Have you used cheats and if so which:None
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:rtx 2060
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:amd ryzeon 3600
RAM:3200 corsair
Motherboard:tomahawk 550
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):barracuda 1tb

I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times and verified the files multiple times. and i have tried other versions of the game and they all come back with the same issue.

Could you try the workaround below and check again?
“.bank” sound bank file-related crash
If you crash with a sound bank file problem, you can try the workaround below to fix it:
  • Open: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Sounds\PC” folder.
  • The error message should have the name of a file with the file extension “.bank”.
  • Locate and delete the file in the folder.
  • Verify the game files.

Let's try a clean install
CLEAN INSTALL
To help you fix the issue you are experiencing, please try the clean install method. The clean install method is removing every single game-related file from your computer and reinstalling the game. Why do you need to remove the game when you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or add contents to the existing modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure files are unchanged. You can find more information about how to do a clean install here.

hi,
I got the message today (i installed atlas os) , to solve it , you have to delete (or rename if you prefer ) the shader folder in the C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord , the game at next start will rebuild it and the error is gone.

Back
Top Bottom