Resolved Game crashes on launch on 1.7.0, 1.7.1, and 1.7.2 and possibly other versions too after tonight's update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
Summary: Game crashes on launch on 1.7.0, 1.7.1, and 1.7.2 and possibly other versions too after tonight's update. I have evidence for all, and for the fact that it has worked before.
How to Reproduce: Launch the game on an earlier version
Have you used cheats and if so which: I have, but not in any significant way.
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video): just the typical, hard blocked .dll-style crash before the game loads (.dll's were not blocked)
Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia 3080 laptop
GPU Driver Version: 516.94
CPU: intel core i7
RAM: 16 gb
Motherboard: integrated non-specific
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Could you try to reproduce the same crash on the latest version of the game? (e1.8.0.321460)
I would assume it does indeed work on that version, the larger problem here though is that the beta-versions now are unplayable, meaning that this entire piece of the player-base is forced to migrate to newer versions, and that all the time-investment we have put into older versions of the game is now made inaccessible. Because of the scope and incredible quality of the game, these are absolutely huge time investments, sometimes up to hundreds of hours, and this horrific change could completely alienate these parts of your player-base, and drive many of your absolute biggest fans from the game, which is why I appeal to you, to plead that you change this, unless you might risk a complete catastrophe.

Could you try to reproduce the same crash on the latest version of the game? (e1.8.0.321460)
I have the same problem, and I have a much better idea: Why don't you undo the changes you made to version 1.7.1?
I'm sure if people wanted to be your unpaid beta testers, they would download and play 1.8.1 or whatever version is now in development.

Will you start paying me to download the newest version?

I'm too facing the same issue, I have a save of more than 100h hours on 1.7.1, and after the update the game crashes while initializing. I tried reinstalling, start without mods but it always crashes.

Or as an alternative, open the Windows Explorer and navigate to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules (if this is, where you also have your installation in, it's the default)
Then you enter 'language_data.xml' into the search field upper right corner. Manually mark and delete everything he comes up with in all sub folders (36 files for most). This file didn't exist in former versions either.

Downgrading to a former version does not fix anything. The files won't be removed and every attempt to launch will crash.

Do this and you are good. Enjoy!

Or as an alternative, open the Windows Explorer and navigate to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules (if this is, where you also have your installation in, it's the default)
Then you enter 'language_data.xml' into the search field upper right corner. Manually mark and delete everything he comes up with in all sub folders (36 files for most). This file didn't exist in former versions either.

Downgrading to a former version does not fix anything. The files won't be removed and every attempt to launch will crash.

This worked thanks

As Sturmhardt mentioned, the "language_data.xml" files that are new to e1.8.0 are not removed when downgrading and cause a conflict with older versions of Bannerlord (e1.7.2 or older). Manually deleting all the language_data files located in the language folders will resolve the issue.

I had the same problem, but my version was 1.59

Deleting the "language_data.xml" file will not work for this version

Hundreds of hours of archiving, four generations of a family put at risk by this stupid update

Please withdraw this update, I don't want to see the authorities driving players to the new version

The irony is that the only way I can save my archive right now is with illegal sources from pirate websites

Why would I pay to test your game for you?

I've been playing 2,999.2 hours and you can't even upload a screenshot to your forum

Hundreds of hours of archiving, four generations of a family put at risk by this stupid update

Please withdraw this update, I don't want to see the authorities driving players to the new version

The irony is that the only way I can save my archive right now is with illegal sources from pirate websites

I've been playing 2,999.2 hours and you can't even upload a screenshot to your forum
I know that 1.6.0 got some more files than newer releases. Maybe 1.5.9 isn't that different.
Look for those files here and delete them as well. Maybe that helps you already.

I know that 1.6.0 got some more files than newer releases. Maybe 1.5.9 isn't that different.
Look for those files here and delete them as well. Maybe that helps you already.
Thank you for your help, my friend

But it doesn't seem to work

I have opened the program by deleting 5 "Languages" folders in "CustomBattle", "Native", "SandBox", "SandBoxCore" and "StoryMode" folders

By going to the third-party forum to find localized language patches, you can continue to play my archive

However, I will continue to play piracy until the government withdraws this stupid update or completely fixes this version

This irresponsible update doesn't even want me to change the steam to run in offline mode

Thank you again for your help, my friend

Thank you, this worked beautifully!

I am on 1.5.4e on steam. I did this and I still crash. I can't find any of the files.
Summary: Crashes on startup
How to Reproduce
:Be on 1.8, delete the 'language_data.xml files in Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules, then switch to 1.5.4e beta branch on steam. Try to start game.
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: RX 590
GPU Driver Version: 22.5.1
CPU:Ryzen 7 5800x
RAM: 16GB DDR4
Motherboard: TUF GAMING B550-PLUS
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): HDD

bro, you fr need a big kiss ngl. Helpful af

Versions before e1.8.0 are not supported after the release. Marking this topic as resolved.
As far as I know, adding the new clip was only available in versions prior to 1.72, and now adding the new clip is not fixed and can't go back to 1.72, so how do we add clip.

Back
Top Bottom