Need More Info game crashes 100% everytime after daily gold change making the game unplayable

Users who are viewing this thread

Fix that worked for me: Reverted my save to a point where I had not sent of the culprit in Family Feud to do some questing on my behalf. I no longer crash on daily gold updates. See my post above for more info. This might help to circumvent the daily gold crash for some. My version of the daily gold crash should no longer be able to get into because the core problem being that I sent away the culprit in Family Feud, this is no longer possible

have the same problem, yet not quest related.
Game crashes after salary sound at midnight. Maybe its the gold maybe a random event starting.
pls FIX it, savegame is ruined otherwise.

I'm getting the crash in the beta as well. I'm not certain it is after daily payout but it is still visible when the game crashes. All I know is my save is now trash and I was stupid enough to not save a backup save for 2 hours. I submitted my crash report as well.

New update fixed it for me atlast, though having some graphics problem but its still better than the crashes :eek::lol:

Hmm, I've seen two people now that said the new patch fixed it for them, but my game still crashes. Hopefully, more people test the new patch so I can tell if its something on my end.

It didn't fix my already broken saves, but if I went back to a save from before the crashes started, I could start to progress again beyond where the crashes originally began. Seems like some saves get the problem baked into them even if the root problem has potentially been fixed now.

I have had this issue too. In both my saves i get about 40 hours in and it crashes on the daily gold change. One in the year 1093 and the other 1092. this is a massive pain because I've sunk 80+ hours into this game and cant even play it anymore while stuck in self isolation. i did think it was due to the loot i was carrying (30k worth of inventory space out of 70k ) or having 5mil gold or 300 troops but reading other posts on this thread clearly shows it just the game that's broken. I'm glad to see others with this issue through, its good to know i'm not alone. The only quest I have active is the conspiracy quests, which I don't understand why they're active as in my saves all 3 empires have fallen. I really hope this gets patched soon as i have been reporting it since patch 1.0.4.
it looks like alot of people have this problem. i am also at day 1093 good luck

Run into this problem again (current public branch e1.1.1) albeit about 1-2 in-game months down the line from when it happened the first time. But I've been making lots of extra saves along the way so hopefully Its just a matter of reverting a bit. Will see.

But it looks like this bug can still occur.

EDIT:
Okay, so I have 2 saves: The 1st is before a battle with an enemy army, where if I leave and wait on the map, the crashes never start and I get my daily gold as usual. The 2nd save is immediately after that battle + I executed the nobles I captured. Waiting in this second save causes the game to crash right after "Daily Gold Change" occurs.​
Now, one odd thing I noticed: The army I fought contained a hero/noble from a mercenary group who had previously been executed. (EDIT 2) I captured him via the usual in-game dialogue after a victory (and the other two nobles who were actually still alive) but he didn't show up in my prisoner list (presumably because he was marked as dead). In his encyclopedia entry, it states that he died months ago(and thus his character model is greyed out), but also that he was last seen at the town where we fought today, and that he had become my prisoner. I am wondering if this particular instance of this crash is to do with this "zombie hero" causing issues as an invisible prisoner... Would make some sense, as the game does do prisoner calculations (i.e. seeing which prisoners escape or want to join your party) around the same time as the "Daily Gold Change" occurs. :unsure:
EDIT 2:
Okay, so I made a mistake in the first edit, the noble I thought had already been executed months ago, was actually still alive and not some bugged "zombie hero" like I first thought. However, the rest of what I reported was true. After capturing him through the dialogue, he didn't show up in my prisoner list, and his encyclopedia entry had his model greyed out as if he was dead, yet his info had no mention of his execution and simply said he had been taken prisoner. Regardless, his clan was marked as "destroyed" despite him still being alive and just disappearing off the face of the game as some kind of invisible prisoner or something.​
So I loaded the first save, re-fought the battle, and this time he was captured as normal. I executed him, and his encyclopedia entry correctly confirmed it this time. I then waited for a bit and the crash never started.​
Basically, both of the times I ran into this crash (seemingly different root causes), whatever the problem was, was getting baked into my save file. The patches never fixed those saves upon updating. My work-around both times was to reload a save from before the crashes started and play from there. Seems like the best solution for now is just to periodically make a new save file every few days or so as a preventative measure. So that at the very least you can always roll back and try to find when the crashes start and how to avoid it infecting your save game.​

Last edited:
Eh, I got the same problem today...
I never had it on my first game but now on the second one, it happen...

Don't know what to do, I'm playing with the last official (not beta) version of the game.
Don't understand why it happen because I played 1200 days without any problems...

Any solutions ?

Back
Top Bottom